• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The thing about that is, from what I understand, most of that was misreported. The numbers of cases called into poison control were much lower than what was reported if I'm remembering correctly. The media is blowing this up as if every Trump supporter in the country is taking horse dewormer and being poisoned, when that is far from being true.
    Your memory matches mine.

Still it does happen.

Media blows everything up, no matter what side of the isle they are on, their primary function is to make money, not inform.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Or you could read what I posted and realize that it does have something to offer outside of being a dewormer. I understand that at this point you’re fully committed to your mistaken line of thinking and you’ve cast far too many insults to back up now but you should actually look into it. Whichever “expert” you’ve decided to hitch your wagon to is mistaken and feeding you incorrect information.
    He's being disingenuous, he's not interested in the truth. Unfortunately you're wasting time and electrons.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Back when it actually meant something
    He and Marcellus also forget that Shockley's Nobel for development work on the transistor came 5 or 6 (depending on how you count) after his fundamental work in that area. Charles Townes was included in the Nobel for MASER-LASER fundamental research more than 10 years after he performed his ground-breaking work in that area

The recipients were doing radically more advanced work when they received the awards and the basic principles they discovered were in use in considerably more sophisticated ways

It is quite unexceptional for the developers of Ivermectin/Ivermectin to be at work on more advanced uses as well as others developing additional uses for their development, so critiquing what the award is based on to throw shade on today's more cutting edge developments is just throwing shade

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    He and Marcellus also forget that Shockley's Nobel for development work on the transistor came 5 or 6 (depending on how you count) after his fundamental work in that area. Charles Townes was included in the Nobel for MASER-LASER fundamental research more than 10 years after he performed his ground-breaking work in that area

The recipients were doing radically more advanced work when they received the awards and the basic principles they discovered were in use in considerably more sophisticated ways

It is quite unexceptional for the developers of Ivermectin/Ivermectin to be at work on more advanced uses as well as others developing additional uses for their development, so critiquing what the award is based on to throw shade on today's more cutting edge developments is just throwing shade
    Channeling Jamil?

That's a lot of words when one could simply say be as precise as you can be, it increases credibility.

Or you could even just say be factual.

But no. Bug does what Bug does. Reponds to few if any points and finds a nit to pick on a personal level!

Luckily i am innoculated with an insecticide that one a Nobel Prize.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What's missing in all this is credibility. Many people simply don't believe leadership any more and you don't have to look far to get a why. When authority senses that it's message is not being well received, then turns to brute force and/or quasi religious crusades it does nothing to improve it's credibility. When information organizations simply disconnect topics from their platforms, what do people think? When government becomes more self serving than citizen serving to put dollars in the pockets of the well connected what do people think? When the law is applied by leadership differently depending on what citizens believe, what do people think?

Leadership today is generating it's own Grande Peur and that's not a good strategy for the future, they need to change direction.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Channeling Jamil?

That's a lot of words when one could simply say be as precise as you can be, it increases credibility.

Or you could even just say be factual.

But no. Bug does what Bug does. Reponds to few if any points and finds a nit to pick on a personal level!

Luckily i am innoculated with an insecticide that one a Nobel Prize.
    Is this going personal?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The box tells you it is horse dewormer. You know, because of the picture of the horse and all.

Don't take horse dewormer for a virus. Take horse dewormer for worms.
    MarcellusIsStupid.png MarcellusIsStupid.png

Hmmm

THIS box tells me that the medicine should be transferred to a child-proof container for dispensing. No mention of colt-proof

THIS box refers to consulting the accompanying circular for usual dosing but doesn't appear to be written in Horsese

And it has an NDC code

The NDC, or National Drug Code, is a unique 10-digit or 11-digit, 3-segment number, and a universal product identifier for human drugs in the United States. The 3 segments of the NDC identify: the labeler, the product, and the commercial package size.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I also like buck lol. (I like everybody, unless their name starts with “k”) (just kidding, I like Keith).

I think he feels the same way we all do as well he’s just sick and tired of all the lies and control, and people peddling them. He’s very passionate about American values. That’s a great thing. We all get personal sometimes, he may be a little quick to go there sometimes, but when you constantly hear you didn’t graduate 8th grade science for not conforming to my beliefs I’m not sure I blame him.
    Short form: If you don't like the lightning, strive to be less of a lightning rod

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So you advocate even healthy people under 75 to get the jab? Why? The chance of having a serious issue with the virus for healthy people under 75 is extremely low. That's why no one, especially the government, should tell someone else what their decision should be in regards to the jab.

Also, there have been multiple links posted about Ivermectin having anti-viral properties, so when you keep saying it's only used as a dewormer, you would be wrong. It's been prescribed for multiple things that aren't worms.
    I believe deliberations will be brief on the case he is trying to make. He seems a bit desperate for some reason, like he's trying to convince HIMSELF that getting vaccinated was a good idea

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is this going personal?
    You tell me what part is going personal?

How do you define going personal?

For me, its when you talk about a person as a matter of being, not the person's actions. I didn't attribute anything to Bugs character, but rather to behavior.

Now when someone says another person is stupid, tells them to GFO, responding with a post that only discusses a person not the thread or a content of a post, that is a personal attack. Mostly my guidelines are:

Am I talking about the person or a behavior?
    Am I posting solely to denigrate someone?
    Am I looking for where someone could be right instead of wrong and using that to build on in a discussion?

I am perfect? no. Do I break my rules? sometimes.
    Do I apologize? Yes.

Bug and I have gone back and forth a long time. That post had some sarcasm in it, sure! However, Bug does tend to ignore points in my posts. If I genuinely felt Bug was offended, then that wasn't the intent of the post.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you are saying that people running out to Tractor Supply and buying horse dewormer and then self dosing are acting irrationally, I would tend to agree with you, but it seems a distinction should be drawn between that crowd and the crowd that, in conjunction with their doctor, are taking Ivermectin in tablet form which is the human formulation not the animal formulation.
    I would add that it is likely if the system would allow prescription of oral Ivermectin at one's doctors discretion, they would not be attempting to use a veterinary product

One would think that, given the type of casework Marcellus apparently makes his living from, he would encourage such prescribing if he is so certain it will cause harm

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You tell me what part is going personal?

How do you define going personal?

For me, its when you talk about a person as a matter of being, not the person's actions. I didn't attribute anything to Bugs character, but rather to behavior.

Now when someone says another person is stupid, tells them to GFO, responding with a post that only discusses a person not the thread or a content of a post, that is a personal attack. Mostly my guidelines are:

Am I talking about the person or a behavior?
    Am I posting solely to denigrate someone?
    Am I looking for where someone could be right instead of wrong and using that to build on in a discussion?

I am perfect? no. Do I break my rules? sometimes.
    Do I apologize? Yes.

Bug and I have gone back and forth a long time. That post had some sarcasm in it, sure! However, Bug does tend to ignore points in my posts. If I genuinely felt Bug was offended, then that wasn't the intent of the post.
    Your posts have points? :runaway:

Edit: Bug's, not Bugs. I'm not nor have I ever been a cartoon rabbit

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I believe deliberations will be brief on the case he is trying to make. He seems a bit desperate for some reason, like he's trying to convince HIMSELF that getting vaccinated was a good idea

I just don't understand people supporting mandating the jab. Yes, if you're within a certain demographic it might make sense to take it, but even then it's a personal decision and not one that should be forced. This isn't some huge killer like it was made out to be. This is basically similar to the flu. It's been hugely politicized and I believe the numbers have been drastically inflated. There may be side effects that show up after years that we don't know about at this point, but the same can be said for the vax.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I just don't understand people supporting the jab. Yes, if you're within a certain demographic it might make sense, but even then it's a personal decision and not one that should be forced. This isn't some huge killer like it was made out to be. This is basically similar to the flu. It's been hugely politicized and I believe the numbers have been drastically inflated. There may be side effects that show up after years that we don't know about at this point, but the same can be said for the vax.
    The zealots are unwilling to admit that, while we can't completely control our risk of contracting WuVid (and the attendant risk of serious complications), we absolutely can control our risk of as yet unknown possible future side effects of the Vaccine

So the decision should turn on ones own assessment of personal risk. The safest bet on future side effects is not to gamble at all

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    View attachment 162208

Hmmm

THIS box tells me that the medicine should be transferred to a child-proof container for dispensing. No mention of colt-proof

THIS box refers to consulting the accompanying circular for usual dosing but doesn't appear to be written in Horsese

And it has an NDC code

I knew it!

MarcellusIsStupid.png

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    With all the history of side effects from pharmaceuticals why is there even a question as to if there will be long term side effects? All things ingested, including water have some kind of side effect. I just cannot fathom a reason so many are so cocksure there will be no major side effects other than they have bought into the politics of the situation.

That same cocksureness tingles my spydey senses and makes me trust them less...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom