• ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's not copyrighted. Feel free.

Sadly the linked material below might be, so I can't copy/paste, but it is food for thought:

A User-Friendly Vaccination Schedule by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

The author is an MD (appeal to authority, for those who care), not just some anti-vax nutjob.
    We spread our children's vaccinations out and didn't get them in huge lumps. The doctors were just fine with it, (they should have been, too. They got paid more money for more visits).

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Castleton, Indianapolis
    I was also a much better parent before I had kids.

Your sample size is irrelevant to me. Mine, while much smaller, is very relevant.

Avoiding vax may not be the best route for all...I'm not advocating that it is, not even for ourselves.

Have kids, experience a negative reaction, and get back with us on whether you still think you should be removed from society if you change your mind based on that experience.

My reference to firearms was a sarcastic dig at your apparent desire to remove risk from the world, but I think you know that.

There are consequences to every decision in life. To assume that someone who reaches a different conclusion than you where risk is involved does so based on emotion belies your relative youth and inexperience.

Sometimes people who don't have an emotional response to something are the best ones to make that decision. You wouldn't want someone who knew nothing about hunting, but had a family member die in a hunting accident making judgement calls about who should hunt where. They'll respond that no one should be out there, it's deadly. While their sample size is small, it doesn't take in account the millions of people who hunt and are fine. They just haven't experienced the same percentages.

I'm not saying vaccinate 100% of the time. That's like buying everything anyone ever offers you for sale. Influenza comes to mind. Though not getting vaccinated for anything is the equivalent to driving down the middle of the street. You're safer from deer popping out of the woods, and as long as everyone swerves to miss you you're safe. But you're putting others at risk, and it doesn't work if more people do it. Avoiding all vaccines is not good at all, and shouldn't be an emotional decision in any way, shape, or form.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Misplaced Yankee, it's hard to keep emotion out of the equation, when it becomes personal. And it is a highly personal risk. When I was a youngster, and when my son was a toddler, we got immunizations for a couple diseases at a time. My nephew got at least 16 immunizations in one day while in Basic Training. The most I ever got was 7 and the Drill Sergeants KNEW we were all going to get sick from the Yellow Fever immunization. It's hard to appeal to the efficacy of medical studies when we so often get contradictions to what is "gospel" at some earlier point. Let me point out that "doctors" used to point out the medical benefits of smoking cigarettes on television in the 50s; that recently the efficacy of a moderate amount of wine has been said to be good for adults, but years ago it was bad for us. The current cholesterol kick has folks taking medications for levels of cholesterol that were considered healthy 20 years ago, and what constitutes "high blood pressure" and "overweight" has been lowered over the past 15 years or so.

I'm all for vaccinations when it is necessary, but the government is responsible for protecting us from EXTERNAL threats, they aren't supposed to be attempting to protect us from every type of risk. That way lies tyranny.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone watching Frontline? It's a pretty damning report on the anti-vax crowds.

Ah, nevermind, it's all part of the conspiracy. MSM, Obama, TSA, DHS. Blah, blah, blah. Why do some people stare face into reality, common sense, science, etc. and turn away?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    NTSA...

Can't we let a thread die :-)

There are people on both sides of this fence who believe that their way is right. While both hold valid arguments, neither can be correct just the same as both can be wrong.

Whether you vaccinate your kid or not, it is still your responsibility to monitor your kid and keep them home if they are symptomatic of ANY contagious disease. Whether people believe it or not, immunity is an acquired thing, and it changes drastically between naturally acquired disease and vaccinated disease.

If your kid is sick, keep them at home. Pay attention to if other kids are sick with chicken pox, flu, measles, mumps, rubella, typhoid....whatever.

If you choose to not vax your kid, please do not risk the integrity of others choice by introducing different strains to other kids.

Top Bottom