• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well, not from his mouth but just a little more info...

Officer husband of slain Uvalde teacher was detained, had gun taken away after trying to save wife

Took his gun away?

If my wife lay bleeding to death on the other side of a door just down a hallway from me, my gun would be hard to take away without going off. Several times.

Scene was a ****ing clown show.

What in the Hell is wrong with these jack***es?

It's as if they were working to make the situation as bad a possible.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

I pointed out to both of our senators today that based upon the description of what occurred with officer Ruiz, that the rest of the officers on scene should be charged as accomplices.

This is now beyond an issue of chaos, the fog of war, or plain cowardice. They detained and disarmed a law enforcement officer who had objective evidence his wife had been shot and was bleeding out and others were as well. Stopping officer Ruiz and then not taking action was simply aiding and abetting the murderer. Charges need to be filed, trials held, and punishment executed.

And Congress believes it's appropriate to further infringe upon the second amendment for any of these events? Any Congressional move in this direction should be considered nothing less than subversion of the constitution.

How about we get legislation that rounds up the dangerously mentally ill and houses them humanely, terminates the revolving door for the violent, and start executing those who murder their fellow citizens.

There are far too many in both parties who are working for the benefit of the dangerously mentally ill, the feral humans in our society, and in other nations interests rather than our own Nation and its citizens.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Like I said. I understand why some people think that they just let it happen for some other motivation. It's hard to wrap one's head around this much incompetence. It's like they actively avoided anything that would help the situation. In that video of the Texas Senate hearing, the chief magically came up with a plan to get in the classroom more than an hour later. It's almost as if actively ensuring maximum casualties. I'm not saying it was intentional. But it's hard to imagine how such actions resulting in that outcome could happen unintentionally.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Finally got time to listen to the hearing.

How can anyone justify any less than immediately relieving all 7 of the officers who stood outside listening to this maniac continue to shoot children after the initial barrage?

Criminal charges or not they have proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that they cannot effectively discharge their duties as law enforcement and need to find a new job.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Like I said. I understand why some people think that they just let it happen for some other motivation. It's hard to wrap one's head around this much incompetence. It's like they actively avoided anything that would help the situation. In that video of the Texas Senate hearing, the chief magically came up with a plan to get in the classroom more than an hour later. It's almost as if actively ensuring maximum casualties. I'm not saying it was intentional. But it's hard to imagine how such actions resulting in that outcome could happen unintentionally.

It's by design....

Let's wait a while and see what flows to Uvalde after this bull****.

So far, it's a new school. Stay tuned.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    later. It's almost as if actively ensuring maximum casualties. I'm not saying it was intentional. But it's hard to imagine how such actions resulting in that outcome could happen unintentionally.
    We know, for a fact, that 5.56 or most AR calibers for that matter are not immediately fatal if hit anywhere other than directly though lungs/heart/head. it’s one of the reasons that stop the bleed courses have become so prevalent. Let’s face it despite the fact that everyone likes AR’s they are not an immediate stopper.

There is a reason it’s not legal or ethical to deer hunt with in just about every single state.

So ya if you want to maximize chance of death you allow someone to go completely untreated for an hour or better.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    There must be accountability for this total failure in LE response. What have they learned since Columbine? If LE is not willing to 'stop-the-threat'/'you-go-in', then who picks up the ball?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There must be accountability for this total failure in LE response. What have they learned since Columbine? If LE is not willing to 'stop-the-threat'/'you-go-in', then who picks up the ball?
    I think protocol should change as a result of this, but more around who is in charge. As it is now, the chief of the school police had local jurisdiction and so it's his gig. but he could delegate if he wanted to. I think there should be some protocol that when the officer in charge is obviously full of ****, someone else who isn't full of **** should be able to assume the role. I don't know how that would work. Not a LEO. But police protocol should be more idiot proof than it was in Uvalde.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    But it's hard to imagine how such actions resulting in that outcome could happen unintentionally.
    I think; I still stand by my sig line. I may have to make an exception in this case though.

I don't think this can be adequately explained by just ignorance or incompetence.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think protocol should change as a result of this, but more around who is in charge. As it is now, the chief of the school police had local jurisdiction and so it's his gig. but he could delegate if he wanted to. I think there should be some protocol that when the officer in charge is obviously full of ****, someone else who isn't full of **** should be able to assume the role. I don't know how that would work. Not a LEO. But police protocol should be more idiot proof than it was in Uvalde.
    Protocol should be that any swinging d*** with a gun should go stop the threat, period.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We know, for a fact, that 5.56 or most AR calibers for that matter are not immediately fatal if hit anywhere other than directly though lungs/heart/head. it’s one of the reasons that stop the bleed courses have become so prevalent. Let’s face it despite the fact that everyone likes AR’s they are not an immediate stopper.

There is a reason it’s not legal or ethical to deer hunt with in just about every single state.

So ya if you want to maximize chance of death you allow someone to go completely untreated for an hour or better.
    Apparently you've never seen a human head after its been hit with a 5.56 55 grain fmj or a M855 62 grainer?
    Nor a ventilated coyote after its had a head or body shot with a 60 grain varmint bullet?

Im quite certain a Sierra 69 or 77 grain MK in the head or fuel pump is a done deal.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

When push comes to shove, you are your own first responder. No "law" will change that truth.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think; I still stand by my sig line. I may have to make an exception in this case though.

I don't think this can be adequately explained by just ignorance or incompetence.
    I think then the question is, can someone be that incompetent to behave exactly like he did? I’m sympathetic to the intentional argument because it’s so hard to wrap one’s head around the notion that someone could be that bad.

It’s not actually difficult to believe someone can be that incompetent. I’ve worked with enough people to have seen some extraordinarily incompetent people. It’s only because they didn’t oversee something critical like this that it hasn’t ended in disaster.

I think rationally it’s more likely that a perfect storm created this clusterfuck. Dude is a school police chief. I didn’t know they had such. A resource officer on loan from a department, yes. It’s own agency???

But this had to be a political appointment. Maybe nepotism. Not even qualified as Barney Fife. And the parts of the perfect storm came when circumstances far beyond his capabilities visited his authority.

The part that strains belief is the dire outcome.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I was pretty sure you were gonna get some backlash. I’m not an avid hunter, so I was not going to opine on it. I was pretty sure there’s plenty of humane hunting with 5.56. And I would damn sure rather have an AR-15 for self defense than most other guns depending on the situation.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Apparently you've never seen a human head after its been hit with a 5.56 55 grain fmj or a M855 62 grainer?
    Nor a ventilated coyote after its had a head or body shot with a 60 grain varmint bullet?

Im quite certain a Sierra 69 or 77 grain MK in the head or fuel pump is a done deal.
    Apparently you didn’t read my post either…..

Top Bottom