• ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    True.
    In their case, the "adults" in the group (school employees) were.
    The school employee propped the door open.

Oh wow

I haven't heard this elsewhere, is this confirmed?

...Reminds me of Aurora if that's the case. In any case, door left propped open, police standing down and arresting anyone trying to stop the killing, and an ex-FBI agent being in contact with the shooter before the shooting... How can anyone say assuming something nefarious is off the table?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    True.
    In their case, the "adults" in the group (school employees) were.
    The school employee propped the door open.
    Very true as well. The school personnel should be tasked with doing everything in their power to be the first responder for those children placed within their care while at school.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oh wow

...Reminds me of Aurora if that's the case. In any case, door left propped open, police standing down and arresting anyone trying to stop the killing, and an ex-FBI agent being in contact with the shooter before the shooting... How can anyone say assuming something nefarious is off the table?

Yes confirmed via DPS director in the press conference today. I posted the link upstream but I don’t recommend it

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Oh wow

Indeed.

The propped door is per the press conference from the local DPS up thread.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    But, that unlocked door was to/from the teachers parking lot - they could not be bothered with having to unlock it every time they went in
    Sadly my wife has cited this to one of the teachers that thinks she walks on water. On the last day of School yesterday she had the door propped open my wife waited until she got out to her car and picked up the wedge she was using and let it close. She was ******! She had to go all the way around to the front of the school and explain why she had the door propped open. Long story short she threw a hissy about my wife. And Miss water walker will not be back next year.

People this is what we need locked doors are an important part of the overall system.

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Grains of salt everyone

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    This thread has become a true train wreck. We would have been better off with it still locked.
    It's still good to have a place to pool information. You can't just accept what a single news source says and take it at face value. These things need hashed out, and we're lucky enough to live in an age where do don't have to do so behind closed doors. It's a nasty subject, and it's going to be uncomfortable no matter how or where it's discussed.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I ask the same.

How so?
    In looking at the aftermath of other criminal empowerment zone events, it is interesting to look at how people in Texas are doing what they feel is right to help. Seems like locally there is far less focus on what went wrong and more effort on lifting those up that need it. Understanding that there will be voids that will never be filled.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Watching PBS and was shocked it took twenty minutes for “weapons of war” to be mentioned. First twenty minutes was all the F’ups by school teachers/admin and LEOs in charge. The first mention of “weapons of war” was when the coverage went to DC and Congress Critters.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    In looking at the aftermath of other criminal empowerment zone events, it is interesting to look at how people in Texas are doing what they feel is right to help. Seems like locally there is far less focus on what went wrong and more effort on lifting those up that need it. Understanding that there will be voids that will never be filled.

True.

See post 170.

Does that mean discussion should be closed down?

Top Bottom