• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    The November USPSA Pistol match will be held on Sunday the 28th at the Atlanta Conservation Club range in Atlanta, Indiana.

For details, location and our full calendar of events check out our website at www.atlantacc.net. It has the full year’s calendar of events.

Set-up is at 8:00 am, Registration at 9, Shooters meeting at 9:45. First shot immediately after the meeting.

YOU MUST ATTEND THE SHOOTERS/SAFETY MEETING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MATCH.
    Sign-in will close at the start of the Shooters meeting.

Your help with setup is greatly appreciated. Please help tear down your last stage.

RULES: Current USPSA pistol rules - refer to http://www.uspsa.org/
    MATCH FEES: $20 per shooter. RO’s and Setup Crew half price.

There will be 6 stages. Round count is approximately 130.
    The classifier will be 09–04 Pucker Factor.

NOTE: All matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    This will be our last one for the year. So come out and take out your frustrations on some targets form spending the holiday with the inlaws. And this one will include the Canice Crawl And a revised stage from the state match. Should be alot of fun. Only 11-12 pcs of steel.:D I might turn Cooper loose with the No shoots havent decided yet.:dunno:

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Actually setup will start Saturday at 2:00pm. Going to try to get all walls and props up. Any help will be appriciated. We plan on going over at 12:00 for a little practice also.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Actually setup will start Saturday at 2:00pm. Going to try to get all walls and props up. Any help will be appriciated. We plan on going over at 12:00 for a little practice also.

Practice? PRACTICE!? Oh no! You have spoken a bad word in some territories! :rolleyes:

But..Hell yeah! Plenty of time to sleep in, and get there in time to help the cause!

I say we put up a turkey in front of a target as a No Shoot as I mentioned and make it a double penalty.
    I'll buy 2. Cuz you know people will wanna shoot it just for :poop:'s and giggles. Those who are disciplined (maybe) won't. :rockwoot:

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I know that we all joke about this word practice but If everybody would admit it. They would like to get more of it in. I read somewhere about a GM prodution shooter that works two jobs and still get 15 minutes of dry fire in a day. Is it that we dont have the time or are we just to lazy to do it. I try my best to dryfire at least 3X a week. Sometimes less sometimes more. But if you want to improve you got to practice something wether it is dryfire or live fire or the glass of water practicing your moving. I'm just saying.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I know that we all joke about this word practice but If everybody would admit it. They would like to get more of it in. I read somewhere about a GM prodution shooter that works two jobs and still get 15 minutes of dry fire in a day. Is it that we dont have the time or are we just to lazy to do it. I try my best to dryfire at least 3X a week. Sometimes less sometimes more. But if you want to improve you got to practice something wether it is dryfire or live fire or the glass of water practicing your moving. I'm just saying.

All joking aside. I completely agree. It needs to become a regimine but actually training yourself to train is he hard part.
    I believe it was once said that if you do the same thing for 60 days it becomes habit.
    We got more than 60 days after Sunday till next season. Just need to make it a part of the day. Like eating.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    1 Full time teaching job.
    2 Two kids
    3 Flock of chickens
    4 part time teaching gig with ACT (two league matches per month)
    5 taking a master's class, which is a reading load most would not understand
    6 wrestling official
    7 WVPPS match director
    8 RCC steel match director
    9 VP RCC
    10 Set up of state match
    I last dry fired in May.
    Club matches have become practice.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    2 Two kids
    3 Flock of chickens
    6 wrestling official
    7 WVPPS match director
    9 VP RCC
    10 Set up of state match
    I last dry fired in May.

Dry Fire Practice? PRICELESS!

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    2 Two kids
    3 Flock of chickens
    6 wrestling official
    7 WVPPS match director
    9 VP RCC
    10 Set up of state match
    I last dry fired in May.
    I feel for you! With that said,
    HTFU :laugh::laugh::laugh:

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort

Thanksgiving Greeting 2010

A game warden was driving down the road when he came upon

a young boy carrying a wild turkey under his arm.

He stopped and asked the boy, 'Where did you get that turkey?'

The boy replied, 'What turkey?'

The game warden said, 'That turkey you're carrying under your arm.'

The boy looks down and said, 'Well, lookee here, a turkey done roosted under my arm!'

The game warden said, 'Now look, you know turkey season is closed, so whatever you do to that turkey, I'm going to do to you.

If you break his leg, I'm gonna break your leg. If you break his wing, I'll break your arm. Whatever you do to him, I'll do to you. So, what are you gonna do with him?'

The little boy said, 'I guess I'll just kiss his ass and let him go!'

May your stuffing be tasty
    May your turkey be plump,
    May your potatoes and gravy
    Have never a lump.
    May your yams be delicious
    And your pies take the prize,
    And may your Thanksgiving dinner
    Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Have a great Thanksgiving and match, I'll be in the woods huntin bambi and friends.

We will have fun! :rockwoot:

While you're in the woods freezing you A$$ "hoping" to shoot something, we will be freezing our A$$ guranteed to be blasting away at something!

I know! You can't eat paper! But it does have plenty of fiber! :laugh: :n00b:

Plus Mongo don't have to worry about a deer smelling his :poop: and running the deer off. Just us competitors! :lol2:

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    2 Two kids
    3 Flock of chickens
    6 wrestling official
    7 WVPPS match director
    9 VP RCC
    10 Set up of state match
    I last dry fired in May.

You missed one of your prime objectives.
    10) Bust Jake's walnuts at every opportunity:):

Seriously, I remember when I had both ends going in different directions at any given moment. Don't kill yourself my friend. When you reach your limit, and walk away, Indiana will lose an asset that won't be realized until it's gone. You, and Jake, have been a driving force that has brought Indiana USPSA to a level I couldn't imagine possible when I walked away 18 years ago. I thank you:rockwoot:
    Now that that's out of the way,,,,,,,,,,, get off your butt and load some pristine "red" brass !

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    2 Two kids
    3 Flock of chickens
    6 wrestling official
    7 WVPPS match director
    9 VP RCC
    10 Set up of state match
    I last dry fired in May.

Whine, whine, whine. Somehow you seem to score OK. HTFU! :):

...4 part time teaching gig with ACT (two league matches per month)
    Hmm, how many are there of us who wouldn't even have clue about USPSA, much less any shooting sport if it wasn't for this?

Top Bottom