• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    News this AM showed a raid and warrant service in Indy and supposedly Muncie. Talking heads were listing agencies involved which included the USDA and sure enough I saw some jackets with those letters on the back. What would they be doing in the city and when did they get enforcers? It's been a long time since my ag days, things must have changed.:dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    News this AM showed a raid and warrant service in Indy and supposedly Muncie. Talking heads were listing agencies involved which included the USDA and sure enough I saw some jackets with those letters on the back. What would they be doing in the city and when did they get enforcers? It's been a long time since my ag days, things must have changed.:dunno:
    Rather mysterious...

A spokesperson with the FBI said the reason for the investigation "will be available at a later date and time."

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    They have always had police esp when the Mexican farmers are importing cows into the US for beef set for Americans. They are usually in ports of entry along the southern border and a few along our border with Canada.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The warrant service in the city confused me, the gardener thought maybe it was indoor pot farmers, but I think that would be DEA.

During my ag days our contact with the USDA was all about farming.

Learn something new every day.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The warrant service in the city confused me, the gardener thought maybe it was indoor pot farmers, but I think that would be DEA.

During my ag days our contact with the USDA was all about farming.

Learn something new every day.
    I agree that it would be more likely for DEA to be involved if it was a pot growing operation.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I agree that it would be more likely for DEA to be involved if it was a pot growing operation.
    Maybe they are feeding the cows pot... gives them the munchies, they eat more, they go to market faster. HHHhhhhmmmmm...

FULL DISCLOSURE: a friend from high school said this, when we were in high school. He is a farmer... hhhhmmmmmm.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    A friend of mine used to own a 7/11, there was douche bag usda inspector that would come in there occasionally, guy was the biggest ass you could imagine, seriously made Barney Fife look like a level headed officer.

He never found any violations aside from a light bulb out in the walk in or some other piddly nonsense, but the guy was beyond a jerk every time he came in.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

They've long had a small law enforcement division, and it's mostly about fraud cases. Farm subsidy fraud, etc.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What fed dept, agency, bureau, etc doesn't have their own enforcement division? And I'm serious, I think last time I checked there was around 100 armed fed LE departments.

Top Bottom