• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Bunch of drunk, panicked teens who all claim they know nothing. That's the official police report at this point. Part of the tragedy is my nephew was raised in an extended family of gun owners and shooters. Two of his uncles are leading CCW instructors in the state. So many people devastated over such a thoughtless decision. But it emphasizes the need for something deeper than just a surface, token agreement of gun safety. It really needs to be a lifestyle choice.
    Very sorry to hear this, and for your family's loss.

This incident really reinforces one of the main lessons of Eddie Eagle: avoid unsafe firearm handling situations (something, something, something... stupid people/places/times). Teenagers, unfortunately, can be prone to making unwise decisions, especially when alcohol is involved.

I hope that others can learn from such a tragedy and use it to avoid similar tragedies in the future.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Alcohol, and or drugs never goes well when Operating any kind of tool, especially a firearm.

It removes the inhibitions most normally have.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Last week a group of teens were playing around in a basement den , mixing alcohol and passing around a handgun. No is sure how the gun discharged, but one of the teens didn't make it out of the room alive.

Today I am at the funeral of my 20 year old nephew.

Please, please teach your young ones that stupid games win stupid prizes.
    Prayers for you and your family. Unfortunately they just learned one of life‘s hard lessons.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I am sorry for your loss. I lay the blame for tragedies such as this at the feet of the anti-gun zealots that refuse to allow public education of firearm safety to the young. The most gun safe family is still endangered when the untrained are exposed to firearms before learning about them.
    Indeed just ask Alex Baldwin, their Ideology trumps all, including the need for learning basic safety.

Top Bottom