• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Just wondering if anyone knows if the gen1 is still available anywhere, im not a fan of anything mounted on the dustcover itself as there is some play on every dust cover I have seen, so therefore I dont think the gen2 is what im looking for. If anyone knows of somewhere that carries gen1 or someone even willing to let one of theirs go it would be greatly appreciated.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If you lived closer i'd show you my GenII. IT works on essentially the same principal as what is currently fielded overseas. I haven't lost zero with it or had any issues. I had the GenI and sold it to a fellow here in favor of the GenII The drawback of the Gen1 is that its added weight to an already heavy gun. The GenII replaces the top cover at the same weight, so even if you don't mount an optic, you haven't gained anything. The Gen2 with an ultimak tube are the best things ever...and you don't add weight Just my .02

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Thanks for further info into the two. I am pretty sure you cant find the gen1 unless its a private sale, so looks like I will give the gen2 a shot. I dont think I have seen one bad review for it so it must be good. Also I didn't think the gen1 would add to much weight so im glad you said that, not a big fan of heavy rifles here.

Top Bottom