• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's very damning circumstances though. Now that he has put himself at the Freedom Bridge at ~1:30 (thanks to the 1:26 timestamp on the teenage girl's bench photo, coupled with his confirmation that he was the guy they saw), and admitted walking to the first platform on the high bridge, that puts him at the bridge platform at ~1:40ish

The witness parked at 1:46 (verified by camera) and walked straight to the bridge, and saw a guy on that platform. Is it possible that wasn't him? Well he would have had to turn around and leave immediately in order for it to not be him. Then the timing would have to be perfect for him to not pass that witness on the trail. There isn't much wiggle room here. No time for watching fish or whatever he said he was doing.
    Innocent people have been convicted with "damning" circumstantial evidence. We want the right person convicted, so as I said, I hope they have actual physical evidence tying him to the crime.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Seen a defense attorney on you tube say there are only 2 Indiana cases he could find on matching unspent rounds. And only one of them said it was only from a certain type of gun. But no evidence it could be perfectly matched. Could be a hurdle. As for questions above my 2 cents is he racked gun to scare them to scare them, that may not worked to his liking so he hit one knocking them out, that left one to subdue. No way he was firing that gun. I hope they can really prove marks on round match beyond a doubt.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    "One of the three witnesses described a car parked at the old CPS building as a PT Cruiser, and another described it as an SUV, and the third described it as a "smart" car, according to the affidavit.

"Investigators believe those descriptions are similar in nature to a 2016 Ford Focus," the affidavit states."

WTH :ugh: Lawyers will have fun with this kind of evidence

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I assume they are matching scratches from the extractor and on the brass where the bullet mates into the chamber but wow, I never even considered that they could do this. Wonder what the confidence level is on this kind of matching.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see anything to lead me to believe another person was involved. Did the DA lie?

He never said there was anything in the PC to indicate another person was involved. My guess is they don't think there was anyone else there, but they think someone else was involved in setting it up.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    He never said there was anything in the PC to indicate another person was involved. My guess is they don't think there was anyone else there, but they think someone else was involved in setting it up.
    Multiple news reports said something along the lines of “McLeland believes Allen isn’t the only suspect.” Looking for his exact quote now.

EDIT:

“We believe Richard Allen is not the only person involved in this case.”

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Reports quoted prosecution as stating others may be involved. There is nothing in the PCA to suggest that's true. Frankly, the PCA is a bit disappointing. The bullet analysis aside, there is little in this PCA that ties Allen to the murders. Proximity alone does not a murderer make. I'm going to put some blind faith in the authorities that more/better evidence exist against the accused. Wait 5 years to examine his gun? Was his car examined for evidence? Witness says, "car was backed in as an attempt to hide his plates". Speculate much? He isn't seen after 1432, detectives believes that because he was in the woods with the victims. Well, absence in one place does not mean presence in another. He may yet be proven guilty. But describing the PCA as flimsy seems apropos.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Again, the AS profile guy said online he was supposed to meet them there at the exact same time. He said in a replay “they didn’t show up”.
    Did these two know each other?

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Reports quoted prosecution as stating others may be involved. There is nothing in the PCA to suggest that's true. Frankly, the PCA is a bit disappointing. The bullet analysis aside, there is little in this PCA that ties Allen to the murders. Proximity alone does not a murderer make. I'm going to put some blind faith in the authorities that more/better evidence exist against the accused. Wait 5 years to examine his gun? Was his car examined for evidence? Witness says, "car was backed in as an attempt to hide his plates". Speculate much? He isn't seen after 1432, detectives believes that because he was in the woods with the victims. Well, absence in one place does not mean presence in another. He may yet be proven guilty. But describing the PCA as flimsy seems apropos.

Would his presence on the bridge at the same time as the victims (if proven) and his own description of how he was dressed not do it for you?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Again, the AS profile guy said online he was supposed to meet them there at the exact same time. He said in a replay “they didn’t show up”.
    Did these two know each other?
    My wife mentioned this angle. One creep schedules a meet and another creep just happens to be there and decide to kill the exact same girls on the exact same day. And there isn't any known connection. What are the chances...

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    There are a lot of comments about how weak the facts are in the PC affidavit. In my limited understanding the document is to show a judge the arrest was proper and for good reason. This document achieved that. The police and DA have been very secretive about this investigation from the beginning. I don't think they would release any information beyond what is necessary to keep Allen in jail.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My wife mentioned this angle. One creep schedules a meet and another creep just happens to be there and decide to kill the exact same girls on the exact same day at the exact same time. And there isn't any known connection. What are the chances...

"they didn't show up" implies he was there.
    He puts himself at the same location/time as well, with that language.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "One of the three witnesses described a car parked at the old CPS building as a PT Cruiser, and another described it as an SUV, and the third described it as a "smart" car, according to the affidavit.

"Investigators believe those descriptions are similar in nature to a 2016 Ford Focus," the affidavit states."

WTH :ugh: Lawyers will have fun with this kind of evidence
    I noticed that too. It creates problems when witnesses think they know cars and don't and try to get real specific, but don't know what they are talking about. The other option is that it was other cars. Who knows. Maybe a witness's uncle had a small car that was a PT cruiser and now every small car is a PT Cruiser to him. Maybe the see any hatchback and think "SUV". People are dumb about such things, but don't realize it. Better is a witness just says "small car" if that's what they saw and they can't be certain.

My son works the drive through at a local restaurant where part of the job is telling the next station (over the radio) the color and type of car that goes with the order. He knows cars and is accurate at this. Others...oh boy....a silver minivan is called a white SUV. A green Suburban is called a blue van, a Mustang is called a sedan, a hatchback is called an SUV. It's kinda crazy.

...and yes, lawyers will have a field day with that.

I sense that there is much more evidence, but they put just enough in the PC Aff. We'll see.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom