• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    This whole case is undermining faith in the justice system. The shenanigans perpetrated by everyone at the trial court level involved should be abhorrent to every law abiding citizen. Thankfully the ISC stepped in and is trying to straighten things out. Period! :nono:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    This whole case is undermining faith in the justice system. The shenanigans perpetrated by everyone at the trial court level involved should be abhorrent to every law abiding citizen. Thankfully the ISC stepped in and is trying to straighten things out. Period! :nono:
    How so?

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    When my paternal grandfather was shot and killed (murdered) in his bed by his girlfriend, even at a young age I learned that what was thought to be common sense is different than practiced law. To me it looks like a complicated game of chess. I don't claim to understand any of it, that is why I greatly appreciate during this thread the attorney opinions expressed. Thanks HoughMade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I won't speak for bgcatty. For me:
    We have a man accused of murder but he is still presumed innocent. For more than a year the accused has been incarcerated, bounced among state facilities, facilities accused of poor behavior towards the presumably innocent man. One year in and the judge ****cans the defense team. Right or wrong, judge failed to create a record for such action. Opinions can vary, but the opinion of the IN Supr. Court is that the judge errored (or erred??) and def. counsel was reinstated. To my knowledge, October is still the scheduled start date for trial, though reporting suggest this date is likely to be pushed even further out. It will be greater than two years before he can face his accuser.

This guy may be guilty, though currently he stands only accused. If we're a society that claims fairness and a presumption of innocence until proven guilty, then his prolonged incarceration, and treatment therein, appears unfair and oppositional to such presumption. The judge and defense counsel aren't getting along and the only one paying a price for the discord is the accused; or the presumed innocent man, as it is.

The location, court, judge and defense counsel have all been relocated in an effort to provide the accused a fair/fair-er trial. Great. Reasonable. But with the added attention and headlines, this case has only grown in notoriety. That's a direct bummer for the man presumed innocent. It also goes directly against the original rationale for moving the trial.

As I have typed previously in this thread, I keep faith that the procesecution has more/better evidence then one "magic bullet". Microscopic evidence of extractor marks, marks only an "expert" can see and interpret, is a tough sell to me. Yes, experts are routinely used in court, but an unfired round, five years later?? In a science described by other "experts" as voo-doo?? Tough sell.

If the accused is proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by his peers, I'll pick up the tab for kilowatts needed to dole the punishment required. The world would be a better place after the lights stop flickering.

But if this man isn't proven guilty, the state stole years of his life needlessly and all the while abused a man innocent by presumption.

Sorry for lack of brevity.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    On the other side of the coin after you brought up the five year wait is the fact that there was not a knee jerk reaction to "find someone to blame."

We still don't know a lot about the evidence collected and all they have they plan on using at trial.
    It sucks to be held without bond while you are still presumed innocent, but I dont think anyone wants him out on bond, and he probably doesn't want to be out either.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And now the defendant has moved to disqualify the judge. If I was the judge, I may well take the opportunity to recuse myself. Who needs this?

Anyhoo, sounds like the defense "modified OJ" strategy of throwing a bunch or weird crap around, confusing the issues and making it look like "there must be something happening behind the scenes" is working on some people.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    And now the defendant has moved to disqualify the judge. If I was the judge, I may well take the opportunity to recuse myself. Who needs this?

Anyhoo, sounds like the defense "modified OJ" strategy of throwing a bunch or weird crap around, confusing the issues and making it look like "there must be something happening behind the scenes" is working on some people.
    That's funny. The OJ trial was the tell of two trials. The first half, every cop, detective and tech was a bumbling idiot. They couldn't even recognize a blood splatter or evidence, let alone collect and test it without tripping over their own two left feet. The second half, every cop, detective and tech was a diabolical genius hell bent on framing OJ.

White nationalists racists religeous overlord vikings performing a traditional ritual of sacred sacrifice randomly in podunkville Indiana.... does seem rather fantastical. Absurd might be another word to describe it.

If the judge recuses herself, is she obligated to state her reason?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's funny. The OJ trial was the tell of two trials. The first half, every cop, detective and tech was a bumbling idiot. They couldn't even recognize a blood splatter or evidence, let alone collect and test it without tripping over their own two left feet. The second half, every cop, detective and tech was a diabolical genius hell bent on framing OJ.

White nationalists racists religeous overlord vikings performing a traditional ritual of sacred sacrifice randomly in podunkville Indiana.... does seem rather fantastical. Absurd might be another word to describe it.

If the judge recuses herself, is she obligated to state her reason?
    So the original OJ strategy worked on you too.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    If I were the judge I would recuse myself.

Two reasons, who needs the aggravation and if he is found guilty the appeal will be because she didn't afford him a fair trial.

Walk away, let him get convicted and then she will not be the scapegoat at appeal. She gets paid the same whether she presides or not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Verified Information of Contemptuous Conduct" filed by the Prosecutor

Attachments

• Allen Verified Info of Contempt (1).pdf
      5.9 MB · Views: 20

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    "Verified Information of Contemptuous Conduct" filed by the Prosecutor
    giphy.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    4. Maybe the judge is an Odin. No,no. It's the defense that is Odin. Hell, IDK.

For the defense to pick a fight with the judge - again - right off the bat???
    The victims filmed the accused. That's damning. Can a third party remove the judge and the defense from this case? The ****-show looks like a collective effort. I cannot even imagine the feelings and emotions being dealt with by the parents and family of these two young ladies. As a parent, I find it heart breaking. All of it.

Top Bottom