• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Have you considered he knows that a strong, vibrant America as a policy would 'help his and/or his families interests' and he was/is intent on doing well by doing good? I would think always taking the most negative interpretation of someones actions is probably in the DSM somewheres, too - Eeyore syndrome?
    Yes I have, and it's included. That still doesn't mean he's doing it out of love or allegiance for the country. And trust me I don't always take the most negative interpretation of someones actions. I don't think Eeyore did either he was pessimistic but not cynically so, IRL he most likely would be diagnosed with severe clinical depression. And is and was my favorite character, followed closely by Tigger. Rabbit on the other hand seemed to be the cynical one, so maybe Rabbit syndrome? But OCD would probably be a better fit to call that.

And now I'm ticked, the spellchecker marks Tigger as misspelled but not Eeyore? WTF.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I am being consistent. I said we must vote Young to keep Schumer out of power and the primary is the time to get the non-establishment candidates on the ballot. That is exactly what happened. Now some are saying we cannot have non-establishment candidates at all cause Schumer might get power.

If that is the case we are doomed anyway, lay back and enjoy it…
    Completely a false dilemma... our only choices are Todd Young or Herschel Walker? A RINO or a clown?

Nope.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    All of these arguments are paths not taken and can never be verifiable. Oz loses to Fetterman and, because it is your predilection, you assume that the hedge fund CEO could have beaten him but you have exactly zero evidence that that was so. If people were willing to vote (or create votes) in numbers sufficient to put that mental and physical wreck, with a long list of previous flaws, into the senate for whatever their reasons might be I see no reason to believe that a different republican would somehow change the outcome
    What can be verified is Trump's ****** picker... here's how I see his "record" in meddling in primaries, etc.

He targeted the 10 house members who voted for impeachment. 8 lost their primaries or retired (the other two won re-election). Of those 8, 6 won the general... so his win/loss there is 6-4.

He endorsed a total of FIVE house candidates in competitive races, all lost... of 0-5 there.

He endorsed and supported with his PAC money SEVEN Senate and governor candidates... only Vance won, so 1-6. I could not find if his PAC supported Budd or not (McConnells Senate Leadership Fund did), but let's assume he did, and as mentioned upthread, he did pick Budd in the primary and he won... so 2-6.

So adding that up, his win-loss is 8 wins, 15 losses, and 6 of those wins were revenge defeats of sitting Republicans, not Democrats, so 35% is being generous.

I'd ask you... who did Trump endorse in the primaries who went on to defeat a sitting Democrat incumbent? Or who flipped an open Democrat seat?

I don't know about you, but THAT is what WINNING looks like to me.
    I thought you were one of the ones blaming the loss of the college educated white women's vote on Dobbs;
    Nope... I blamed Trump on loosing soccer mom votes in the 'burbs not on policy, but on being an despicable, egotistical ************ with a thin skin.

Regardless of what he runs on, they hate his ******** *** every bit as much as we hated Hillary. Viscerally.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Trump endorsed Lee Zeldin, for one. He didn't win the governorship but he got a lot closer than any republican has in a long time and is widely credited with pulling several republicans running for the house across the line and making that winning of the house possible

And Zelda was an unabashed Trumper
    Trump did NOT endorse Zeldin in primary... the articles I see with Trump's endorsement are mid-October a little over two weeks prior to the election. And, I've been looking for those joint Trump-Zeldin rallies in New York and haven't found them... perhaps you can supply the links?

Perhaps a little abashed?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    See: Backing and filling
    The vast majority of the House/Senate candidates Trump endorsed were INCUMBENTS with safe seats.

Please list the long list of candidates Trump backed in the primaries who either defeated an incumbent Democrat or picked up an open Democrat seat? I'm sure there's at least one.

Hopefully there are at least two to cover the two Republican seats he lost in his "revenge tour" on house members who voted to impeach.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Edit: When Trump agreed to fundraise for Zeldin he was down 14 points to Hochul, he finished down 4 pts in final polling, down 5.8 points in actual election stats

Trump's support hardly seems toxic for a campaign even in deep blue NY, but you can probably wriggle off the hook by claiming it wasn't a 'competitive' race

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Whut!?!?!? No rally? No pictures of the two of them shaking hands at the rally podium?

Just a private, per plate fund-raiser?

Wait, Zeldin did have rallies... just not with Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd ask you... who did Trump endorse in the primaries who went on to defeat a sitting Democrat incumbent? Or who flipped an open Democrat seat?
    Hey. Maybe "winning" for Trump's picks may be more like the Colt's 2022 season. I mean we'll take what we can get, right? :dunno:

Hey, they're 2nd place in the division. That's winning isn't it?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The vast majority of the House/Senate candidates Trump endorsed were INCUMBENTS with safe seats.

Please list the long list of candidates Trump backed in the primaries who either defeated an incumbent Democrat or picked up an open Democrat seat? I'm sure there's at least one.

Hopefully there are at least two to cover the two Republican seats he lost in his "revenge tour" on house members who voted to impeach.
    No incumbents lost their seats in senate races, so endorsements by others that were not Trump (like McConnell) didn't do any good either. I'm sure you will find a way to spin that as also Trump's fault, but seems to me Trump did at least as good as anyone else on senate candidates if not better

Trump endorsed Kevin Kiley (CA03), who won his house election, as well as Ken Calvert, formerly CA42 who had been redistricted into CA41 and who also won his house election, so a Trump endorsement worked even in deep blue California

When I check the US House endorsements by Trump, I count 148 wins and 19 losses. Not sure how you will spin that into some kind of kiss of death narrative but I'm sure you'll try

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Completely a false dilemma... our only choices are Todd Young or Herschel Walker? A RINO or a clown?

Nope.
    What are you even replying to here? I try to be consistent in my points, the primary is when we get to choose the candidates to represent us, not by giving the gavel to Schumer in the election…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What can be verified is Trump's ****** picker... here's how I see his "record" in meddling in primaries, etc.

He targeted the 10 house members who voted for impeachment. 8 lost their primaries or retired (the other two won re-election). Of those 8, 6 won the general... so his win/loss there is 6-4.

He endorsed a total of FIVE house candidates in competitive races, all lost... of 0-5 there.

He endorsed and supported with his PAC money SEVEN Senate and governor candidates... only Vance won, so 1-6. I could not find if his PAC supported Budd or not (McConnells Senate Leadership Fund did), but let's assume he did, and as mentioned upthread, he did pick Budd in the primary and he won... so 2-6.

So adding that up, his win-loss is 8 wins, 15 losses, and 6 of those wins were revenge defeats of sitting Republicans, not Democrats, so 35% is being generous.

I don't know about you, but THAT is what WINNING looks like to me.

Nope... I blamed Trump on loosing soccer mom votes in the 'burbs not on policy, but on being an despicable, egotistical ************ with a thin skin.

Regardless of what he runs on, they hate his ******** *** every bit as much as we hated Hillary. Viscerally.
    Good to be king, you can create your own stats to prove to yourself correct…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Trump endorsed no one in the primary
    Say what? Please tell me you're not serious. He endorsed well over 200 in the primaries. About 75% of them incumbents.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Say what? Please tell me you're not serious. He endorsed well over 200 in the primaries. About 75% of them incumbents.
    I believe that comment was pertaining to NY gubernatorial primary election…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom