• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Perpetual? I plan to quit either when I die or he realizes he IS full of **** just as often as he thinks everyone else is

So basically, when I die

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Mittens owns multiple homes in multiple states concurrently. But where is his allegiance?
    Willard Mitt Romney from the great state of ________________? I'm not suggesting he isn't allowed to live where he wants and represent that area if the people so choose. I'm saying he's a political vagabond who chooses political opportunities base on what's expedient for him with no allegiance to his physical location, aka carpetbagger. It's ok if you believe he's honorable.
    Can you point out exactly where I stated I believe he's honorable? And as of last year he owned two homes not in Utah, a vacation home in NH and a home in D.C.. Neither are uncommon for people with his wealth and position. Vacation homes aren't uncommon by any means and a home in D.C. for a Senator or Representative isn't exactly uncommon. Being a carpetbagger means you move to that location specifically to run there. In Romney's case that is a not easy argument to make for the reasons I've listed. He had a reason to move there prior to running for office and lived there for multiple years.

But if you want to play that game, how many different countries does Trump own property in? Where exactly is his allegiance?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Perpetual? I plan to quit either when I die or he realizes he IS full of **** just as often as he thinks everyone else is

So basically, when I die
    Well good luck to you and your obsession. Personally, I don't allow myself to be burdened by an obsession.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is that a flaw with the system or a flaw in the electorate
    What’s your goal? A system where the representation reflects the will of the people? Such a system requires properly informed electorate. If Murkowski reflects the will of the people the system should elect her.

If she doesn’t reflect the will of the people, either the people are fooled or the system is ****ed up.
    What about someone who suggests that those who defend Trump don't sufficiently evaluate what that poster thinks is important and thus are too binary and haven't examined the issues with sufficient care and acuity?

Asking for a friend
    That’s easy. Defend Trump all you want. But when you do so unreasonably/inconsistently expect people to push back. For example, if you defend him for something that you condemned another president for people will probably call you out.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Can you point out exactly where I stated I believe he's honorable?

He had a reason to move there prior to running for office and lived there for multiple years.

You said he moved to various locations with purpose other than politics and after living there chose to seek elected office. Doesn't that make him honorable?

how many different countries does Trump own property in?
    I don't know. Has Trump ran for different political positions in different locations?
    Where exactly is his allegiance?
    America.
    But if you want to play that game
    Game? No, thanks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the system can't even be relied upon to filter out those who never had the right to vote or never even existed, how would you expect to enforce such an idea where it counts?

You know and I know they would be the new 'dreamers' and some later change to the system would allow them to keep the BI but allow them to vote and those of us who work would be carrying even more of the deadbeat class than we do now

It would make more sense to limit voting solely to landholders (again)
    Obviously it’s not a serious proposal. It’s a concept I like. I don’t like litmus tests for voting. Every law abiding person who has to live by rules should have a vote on what the rules are. The concept, though impractical, promotes a tradeoff to keep low information voters out of the decisions, voluntarily. You get your basic income. And you don’t vote.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You said he moved to various locations with purpose other than politics and after living there chose to seek elected office. Doesn't that make him honorable?

I don't know. Has Trump ran for different political positions in different locations?

America.

Game? No, thanks.
    That’s an opinion. You’re welcome to it. I think Trump obviously has more priorities than that which are self centered. But all politicians come with that kind of baggage. It’s up to you to decide if he’s worth the baggage. I think he’s sufficiently prioritized America that I’d vote for him if no one better is running.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Nope, just makes him quite possibly not a carpetbagger. And that's not quite what I said. I said he had other reasons/ties to those states and that he lived in them for multiple years prior to running for election. He may have planned to seek office well before he moved. A carpetbagger is one who moves solely for the purpose of seeking election.

America.
    Multiple, at least three other countries other than America. And that wasn't your argument, it was that Romney owned houses in different states at the same time. Here I'll quote it for you.
    Mittens owns multiple homes in multiple states concurrently. But where is his allegiance?
    Willard Mitt Romney from the great state of ________________? I'm not suggesting he isn't allowed to live where he wants and represent that area if the people so choose. I'm saying he's a political vagabond who chooses political opportunities base on what's expedient for him with no allegiance to his physical location, aka carpetbagger. It's ok if you believe he's honorable.
    And I disagree with you on Trump. IMO his allegance is to himself only, well maybe his family but I'm not too sure on that.

Game? No, thanks.
    Why not?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope, just makes him quite possibly not a carpetbagger. And that's not quite what I said. I said he had other reasons/ties to those states and that he lived in them for multiple years prior to running for election. He may have planned to seek office well before he moved. A carpetbagger is one who moves solely for the purpose of seeking election.

Multiple, at least three other countries other than America. And that wasn't your argument, it was that Romney owned houses in different states at the same time. Here I'll quote it for you.

And I disagree with you on Trump. IMO his allegance is to himself only, well maybe his family but I'm not too sure on that.

Why not?
    I think he's primarily interested in himself, and by extension his family. But I do think he's also motivated by a legitimate love for America. Or at least what he thinks America is. That would do as opposed to ANY democrat who could seriously make a good run for President. Hopefully there will be better choices.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think he's primarily interested in himself, and by extension his family. But I do think he's also motivated by a legitimate love for America. Or at least what he thinks America is. That would do as opposed to ANY democrat who could seriously make a good run for President. Hopefully there will be better choices.
    I'm not so sure, but I do think that his policies will help his and/or his families interests. Or at least that's his belief. That and the attention he gets both positive and negative. More so the positive but the negative to a degree in that he believes a lot of the criticism is envy. He knows he won't win the admiration of those so he'll continue with what has gotten him it from others. In my non-DR opinion he has at least borderline narcissistic personality disorder. He ticks a lot of the boxes IMO.

I do agree about the Dems that could make a serious run for President.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not so sure, but I do think that his policies will help his and/or his families interests. Or at least that's his belief. That and the attention he gets both positive and negative. More so the positive but the negative to a degree in that he believes a lot of the criticism is envy. He knows he won't win the admiration of those so he'll continue with what has gotten him it from others. In my non-DR opinion he has at least borderline narcissistic personality disorder. He ticks a lot of the boxes IMO.

I do agree about the Dems that could make a serious run for President.
    Have you considered he knows that a strong, vibrant America as a policy would 'help his and/or his families interests' and he was/is intent on doing well by doing good? I would think always taking the most negative interpretation of someones actions is probably in the DSM somewheres, too - Eeyore syndrome?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom