• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Whatever the case may be Oz underperformed in some rural western counties that should have carried the day with Trump's endorsement. Oz was a bad pick and Trump overestimated his popularity as a celebrity which he thought would resonate with voters in PA. Didn't happen.
    The people I know that live in PA say it was because he was seen as an outsider.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The people I know that live in PA say it was because he was seen as an outsider.
    I've heard that too. I guess he was seen as a carpet bagger from Jersey. His "celebrity" status didn't help him overcome that. Trump thought his "celebrity" status would make him electable. It didn't.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you"
    refrain from Carole King's song, You're So Vain

I still find it disingenuous to find fault with the only plan to drain any of the swamp that is on the table. Beyond Schedule F, he should also be given credit for moving toward relocating the first government agency ever outside of DC. I certainly hope that you can see that if an effective lever against civil service protections for personnel who ostensibly work for the current administration but use their positions to sandbag policies they disagree with is not found then the government is defacto ungovernable
    Why? No plan is beyond scrutiny.

Schedule F. From a presidential executive order. Which we know is not much more than a fleeting whim after that POTUS leaves office. But let's say he does grant himself authority to fire or reassign people through schedule F. This will get challenged in court. And that makes it dubious. I'm not saying it's not worth a try. I think it is. But the fact that schedule F currently exists only in the wishes of the opposing party, shows how dubious it is. It was one of the first EO's Biden nixed.

Other than that, I agree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The person most deserving of ridicule regarding Dr. Oz is Oprah Winfrey. She made the man. Before he did her show he was Dr. Anyolbody. She promoted him, funded some of his projects initially. Then come election time she chooses to endorse IT. So I'm left wondering about her judgment; was she disingenuous when she was selling Dr. Oz, or when she endorsed IT? People are welcome to believe Trump is a loser because he sided with Dr. Oz. But what of the people that sided with IT? If Trumps endorsement is viewed as bad, what of those endorsing IT?
    IT? Who/what the **** is that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom