Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    you lack the ability to upset me.

My 2 main concerns about Trump. i will put them here so you can either choose to respond or ignore.

Signing bills spending trillions of dollars. I give partial leeway to the first when Covid 1st started as everyone was learning. I am less forgiving on the second. Mike justified them as debt don't matter given where the country is. What is your response?

I have a hard time with anyone that can justify Trump spending Trillions on Covid then get upset about Biden spending Trillions on Covid. I do give Biden less slack in the same sense that Trump should have learned better by second and hopefully he wouldn't have signed a 3rd.

However, I expect Biden to spend money like that so there is that.
    [I am inclined to cut Trump some slack for operating without a net and no data points. We had never largely voluntarily shut down the economy and thrown so many people out of work before. That is the same reason I am willing to cut Obama some slack on the Great Recession - similar lack of history as a guide. I think they were both staring into the abyss if they got it wrong. What I tend to look at is 1) Trump did his spending off of a VERY different economy and 2) Trump was pretty much focused on the desired result, he wasn't seeking to find some marxist wish list like Biden built into his spending, so even if they spent the same amounts (Hint: they didn't) less of what Trump spent was wasted or misspent. Neither increase in the debt burden was pretty but I can see why the did it (at least the core spending, the GND crap, student loan giveaways etc are a different story]
    2. Emptying the swamp.

As you cited there was an XO. Why did it take until 1 month before reelection? Has no one ever thought of that strategy before? What is the history behind that order? Was it truly a novel idea? Was it thrown out there because it was almost election time to rally the base? How long was it debated?
    [May I suggest Google or DuckDuckGo. I have not exhaustively researched it but I can say I am unaware of anyone other than Trump not only making such a suggestion but then acting on it. If you want to know what concerns were governing Trump at the time maybe you should ask him. Unlike some on INGO, I don't claim to know what Trump is/was thinking]
    Finally, now that that XO was written, I would prefer a candidate that would support that order, but until there are candidates, I can't exactly use that criteria to separate one candidate from the other. [IMO you are still ducking and weaving. You asked what the plan was for draining the swamp and I pointed that out. NO ONE else even has a plan, talks about it or indicates they even have swamp draining as a goal. Trump is the only one to have recognized that the administrative state, hiding behind antiquated Civil Service protections, can pretty much sandbag a president whose policies they don't like with impunity unless those civil service protections are amended (that would come from that learning by experience thing).Trump is also the only one in my memory who actually began making moves to move the headquarters of overly politicized beauracracies out of DC (Bureau of Land Mgmt). So, what IS the plan for draining the swamp/dismantling the deep state? Trump has a record of accomplishment there - time to ask the other contenders, even if they haven't declared, what they would do or STFU unless and until you have data for a valid comparison]
    PS I am shopping for USB audio interfaces.... [Good luck!]

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    STFU?

FU.

Found you actually reasonable until you pulled that BS.

Guess still same old BUG

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's not vague. I haven't forgotten that conversation, one that I initially thought we had both entered into in good faith, and that hopefully would result in some mutual understanding. I later realized that was never your motivation.
    Perhaps you overestimate my interest in being lectured by some relatively random personage on the internet. I thought of the HegDial as some sort of half interval search that would return a result more specific than, 'That isn't black and white/binary, there is a continuum of possibilities there'. What good is a process that is held up as used to discern - I will use 'a truth' not necessarily 'THE truth' - that returns no such result while being deadly dull and boring

Real science involves more actual, provably correct answers and less woolgathering

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I thought I 'lacked the ability to upset you' [post #1047]

Is there anything you say that I can have faith in the veracity of ten minutes later
    You do.

Perhaps you overestimate my interest in being lectured by some relatively random personage on the internet. You definitely overestimate your ability to affect me personally what you post!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think Trump's priority in choosing to back a candidate is that they must exhibit a certain propensity to be loyal to him first.
    Perhaps no 'loyal' so much as 'beholden' for what that is worth in politics, I think he wanted to back people likely to be willing to help implement America First if elected

But even if the goal WAS loyalty, no more Romneys or McCains or McConnells is a worthy goal

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As the Kanye/Fuentes dinner foreshadows... Trump will self-destruct in due time... likely long before the real primary season starts.

There are no longer any adults in the room to rein him in...
    So what you're saying is, if you invite someone to a large gathering and they choose to bring David Duke as a guest, then that makes you a racist?

Have to remember that

Edit: You should probably google 'Hoteps' sometime to see where Ye is coming from

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So what you're saying is, if you invite someone to a large gathering and they choose to bring David Duke as a guest, then that makes you a racist?

Have to remember that
    So what you're saying is Trumps 4 D chess doesn't extend to screening guests.

So he does have some limitations!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You do.

Perhaps you overestimate my interest in being lectured by some relatively random personage on the internet. You definitely overestimate your ability to affect me personally what you post!
    What if it isn't about you. I thought narcissism was bad since 2015 or so

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Losing to Michigan is tough on Columbus
    It doesn't happen often enough to generate much data on it

Most of the clear sighted know the Bucks build you up so they can let you down harder

They don't always lose the big game, but you are unlikely to go broke betting against them in those circumstances

What frosts me is someone arguing Trump isn't the best candidate, then when challenged on specific complaints that person hides behind 'No one else has declared, there is no one to compare that to'. Under those conditions, it seems like you should have to acknowledge Trump as the best candidate if he is the only candidate

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Most of the clear sighted know the Bucks build you up so they can let you down harder

They don't always lose the big game, but you are unlikely to go broke betting against them in those circumstances

What frosts me is someone arguing Trump isn't the best candidate, then when challenged on specific complaints that person hides behind 'No one else has declared, there is no one to compare that to'. Under those conditions, it seems like you should have to acknowledge Trump as the best candidate if he is the only candidate
    Then you are frosted over something you shouldn't be.

Right know he is the best and worst candidate because he is the only candidate.

You can kick pricks all night but thems the facts.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Perhaps no 'loyal' so much as 'beholden' for what that is worth in politics, I think he wanted to back people likely to be willing to help implement America First if elected

But even if the goal WAS loyalty, no more Romneys or McCains or McConnells is a worthy goal
    Perhaps I should've said loyal to him AND his MAGA agenda. Like I said previously in a response to IM it was about the context of my post to jamil and that is Trump will choose to endorse a candidate based on those characteristics win or lose above a candidate that might have broader appeal in key district races. Never said it was a good or bad thing on his part or something that I would not expect him to do otherwise.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Didn't say it was. Trump is going to do what he believes benefits Trump which I expect him to do. My comment was directed to jamil where he said playing 4d chess is having the foresight to endorse candidates that would have broad enough appeal to win in important districts to which I responded that Trump's priority is to endorse candidates that show a propensity to be loyal to him first above endorsing candidates that might have broad enough appeal in certain key district races.
    While I agree with that, my post was focused on Trump’s endorsees.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now c'mon. Ohio State is a fine school. Surely their produce is better at data analysis than that. The record is 60–51–6 in favor of Michigan. Now, in the last 20 years, Michigan has been mostly mediocre. They were only ranked in maybe half those seasons. Top ten maybe a couple of those? OSU has been an elite program most of those years.

But. Michigan is once again an elite program. Ohio state has lost only 3 games over the last two season. One, a bowl game to Oregon. And that was a fairly close game. And two to Michigan, which were blowouts. I would expect OSU to beat a mediocre team when facing mediocre teams. So, OSU is still an elite team. They’ll still get their 5 star recruits. But they can't just expect to beat another elite team. They have to earn it. They didn’t.

I mean. C'mon. This is what people say who don't pay attention to college sports. It’s better not to say anything, because sports fans know those generalizations you made depict a lack of knowledge. Everyone knows OSU’s 5 stars put on a pretty good show in the first half, but didn't mean ****, because OSU got gobsmacked at the line of scrimmage, especially in the 2nd half. Both sides of the ball, but mostly offense. They also got burned deep several times because they crowded the box to try to defend against an elite run offense and left no safeties to defend deep.

See this goes to what I said before. You get frosty too easily. You insult DeSantis and I’m like, uh, so? It's got nothing to do with me. I'm not personally offended because you don't agree with my preferences. But you can say whatever you want about DeSantis. It doesn't offend me. It's your opinion. Have at it. It just isn't something to get frosty over. So maybe get some hot chocolate. Throw a couple logs in the fireplace. Get toasty. Idunno.

Yeah. I've had to remind you that Trump is the only candidate at this point. But the discussion has been about Trump vs DeSantis. So it's fair to comment on who I think is best in that scenario. But you get all frosty because someone has something critical to say about your guy. C’mon man. It's not like I’m dissing a family member whose chastity you must defend.

So I think DeSantis would be a better choice this time around if he were to run. But I'll acknowledge that it's still early. If or when DeSantis throws his hat in, his positives could fade. All of that remains to be seen, and I've not said otherwise. But you're welcome to be frosty. I’m saying you don't have to be.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps you overestimate my interest in being lectured by some relatively random personage on the internet. I thought of the HegDial as some sort of half interval search that would return a result more specific than, 'That isn't black and white/binary, there is a continuum of possibilities there'. What good is a process that is held up as used to discern - I will use 'a truth' not necessarily 'THE truth' - that returns no such result while being deadly dull and boring

Real science involves more actual, provably correct answers and less woolgathering

I'm actually glad to see that said, but let's say I'm skeptical. And, real science is basically physical sciences. This ain't that. Politics, philosophy, logic, reason. Even opinions. The political subforum is in a different realm. It's not black and white, but you keep trying to make it that. So your "truth" never has resolution beyond one bit.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    You are not conveniently leaving things out in describing the history.

It is totally BS to claim Trump had a supportive congress and had ANY control of it.

I like to think of it like this, in terms of shackles: Imagine all the powers that be in .gov and society. Here's a few: FBI, CIA, IRS, executive branch, every DA in powerful areas, half your own party, all the opposing party, MSM, Twitter, Face****, et al: and imagine every one of those as a shackle, each attached to one man, trying to tear him apart.

This is what Trump faced, and more. It's a genuine miracle the man is still standing. Maybe it's a sign from God, I don't know how to interpret it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom