Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The same Dems that raised the cost?
    Well, I did say "talking about it."

Do you think that most people vote based on quality research into the issues, or based on sound bites?

Perception is reality. Ain't no one that would ever accuse the Republicans of trying to lower insulin costs for low income Americans.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I did say "talking about it."

Do you think that most people vote based on quality research into the issues, or based on sound bites?

Perception is reality. Ain't no one that would ever accuse the Republicans of trying to lower insulin costs for low income Americans.
    Between not researching, and shortness of memory...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well then isn't also BS to claim Trump can do the things you want without a supportive Congress?
    Gee, you don't think that's why he was supporting candidates down ballot that would actually be supportive when he becomes 47, do you?

Advance planning - that would be some real 4D **** with a temporal component like that

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Good thing you and Bug are in agreement because as much as you have banged this drum lately, he would call you whinging.
    When I refer you to a viable plan for doing some serious swamp draining (Schedule F), which you asked for, you don't seem very satisfied. You just pivot to making fun of how long it took Trump to come up with it (the old 'He didn't fix everything I wanted in his first 100 days trope')

I doubt your sincerity

And you haven't answered my question about who else in your political pantheon has come up with a more workable idea (We know, there aren't any. Makes it tough I imagine)

DeSantis[Wine] will save us

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe you should use your intelligence for something productive instead of trolling…
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Hegelian Dialectic doesn't involve mocking one of the opposing viewpoints you are seeking to use to triangulate on the truth

Sounds more like minds are already made up and the 'I have carefully examined all sides' schtick is just window dressing - but I repeat myself

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Indeed, since Trump took possession of the documents in question, he had the plenary authority to declassify them, and since anyone who reads his remarks on January 6 will learn that he expressly cautioned his supporters to act peacefully, it will not be easy to sustain a conviction for insurrectionary activity. An individual guilty of insurrection is barred by law from running for public office, so one could reasonably infer that the reason for the special counsel is to neutralize a feared opponent from running against Biden.

What do Trump’s enemies fear, and could this be an indication that Trump may still be the best candidate for the Republicans in 2024?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Gee, you don't think that's why he was supporting candidates down ballot that would actually be supportive when he becomes 47, do you?

Advance planning - that would be some real 4D **** with a temporal component like that
    I thank you for agreeing to my premise.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When I refer you to a viable plan for doing some serious swamp draining (Schedule F), which you asked for, you don't seem very satisfied. You just pivot to making fun of how long it took Trump to come up with it (the old 'He didn't fix everything I wanted in his first 100 days trope')

I doubt your sincerity

And you haven't answered my question about who else in your political pantheon has come up with a more workable idea (We know, there aren't any. Makes it tough I imagine)

DeSantis[Wine] will save us
    Actually I was very satisfied and asked a serious question which you then interpreted through the Bug filter into something else and then responded.

I have answered your question multiple times now. Apparently you aren't reading my responses thoroughly.

Here it is ONE more time.

Between the two of us you have your savior for which you advocate quite strongly.

I haven't picked a horse.

There aren't any because your guy is the only one that has declared. Another interpretation through the Bug filter as there is no one else. For a guy that likes outsiders, you aren't leaving any room for consideration of one.

Not surprised.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Quit using your favorite campaign slogans and tell me exactly how he will go about draining the swamp. What is the plan?
    So, that wasn't included in a post from you? Someone hijacked your avatar, perhaps?

Then when that question was answered, by me, you immediately pivoted to how Trump didn't do that soon enough and some drivel about preferring not to vote for someone who needs to learn on the job (as if DeSantis or any other savior du jour will somehow be immune)

Then when called out for whinging, you split your time between more whinging and an attempt at rope-a-dope that only seems to rope you

It seems disingenuous to decry the only credible plan to begin draining the swamp extant so far while ignoring the dearth of competing plans. Seems like if you were really upset by the lack of plans to drain the swamp that that unease might map onto the wider candidate space and present as agitation about all the likely candidates lacking any sort of plan. It makes it seem like just another way to dog Trump rather than a serious concern ----> me doubting your sincerity

Carry on

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So, the key to electoral supremacy is to out-pander the Dems where GenX is concerned?

You wouldn't happen to BE GenX, by any chance, would you? Because self-dealing is the only way I can make that make any sort of sense

GenX should go live in those developed country worker's paradises that they feel are so wonderful

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So, that wasn't included in a post from you? Someone hijacked your avatar, perhaps?

Then when that question was answered, by me, you immediately pivoted to how Trump didn't do that soon enough and some drivel about preferring not to vote for someone who needs to learn on the job (as if DeSantis or any other savior du jour will somehow be immune)

Then when called out for whinging, you split your time between more whinging and an attempt at rope-a-dope that only seems to rope you

It seems disingenuous to decry the only credible plan to begin draining the swamp extant so far while ignoring the dearth of competing plans. Seems like if you were really upset by the lack of plans to drain the swamp that that unease might map onto the wider candidate space and present as agitation about all the likely candidates lacking any sort of plan. It makes it seem like just another way to dog Trump rather than a serious concern ----> me doubting your sincerity

Carry on
    More Bug selective editing. You quote the post that was a reply to MIKE not BUG. Then you fail to respond to the BUG response following the MIKE response and make a claim I pivoted in my response to you.

The BUG DSP filter just has too much reverb.

Your points in the above post are not even in temporal order even when your transitional words imply that they are, which is why disingenuous would be a word with which you are well aquainted. If you wish to engage the response to you, fine. If you wish to apply your favorite DAW software to move things around to fit your agenda, that's also fine but I won't play that game.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And this won't apply to DeSantis why, exactly? Why so much faith in his ability to perform at the national level with zero proof?
    Of course it applies to DeSantis. Why wouldn't it? But you guys are claiming OJT for cleaning the swamp in an era gone by. What I'm saying is that neither has an advantage. I don't think DeSantis's experience in state gov, while some key skills are transferable, gives him an advantage over Trump. I don't think Trump's experience gives him an advantage over Trump, because it's a different game altogether now. I think both start at square one.

And no one should have a problem if you think Trump is better equipped. That's subjective. Just like it's subjective if I think DeSantis might be better. You act like you're upset that people think your guy isn't the right guy for the job. But no one's up in your grill about your preferences.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Seems like part of 4D **** would include having the foresight to endorse candidates that would have broad enough appeal to win in important districts. Do you have the scorecard handy?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The same reason Pence wasn't dragged before the 1/6 committee? Already on the payroll?
    Well. I mean. C'mon. He obviously did not participate in Trump's concocted idea to switch the slate of electors to those favorable to him. I mean. Why would anyone seriously think that would work anyway?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom