• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Hedge-fund billionaire political donor Ken Griffin wants the GOP to “move on” from Trump and nominate DeSantis. This has a familiar ring. In 2016, Griffin backed Marco Rubio, who was in a similar position of being dubbed the future of the party, loved by conservative magazine columnists, and flush with megadonor funds. But Rubio had been tainted with Republican voters because of his role in the Gang of Eight immigration bill prior to his presidential candidacy.
    [...]
    Griffin, who donated $500,000 to Joe Biden’s inauguration and has a history of giving to candidates of both parties, has mostly center-left positions.
    Yeah, but what about Trump's wife?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So to those of you that have your sensibilities hurt by Trump, you know the egomaniac, would you rather have a Trojan horse candidate?

“Former Trump adviser Michael Caputo points out that, in 2016, Trump “spent the least amount of money of any of the competitive primary contenders that he beat so badly.” And he did it without a super PAC or any sugar daddies. It can’t be overstated enough; Trump spent less, he had no big-money allies on the outside, and none of the money spent against him raised his negatives with Republican voters.”

We know to whom Trump pledges his loyalty to; himself. Who do these others pledge to?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Still waiting on an answer to my question, first

Distraction fail
    You didn't ask me that question, So I asked my question first even though it's the same question someone else asked before me. (see how stupid all this is?)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You didn't ask me that question, So I asked my question first even though it's the same question someone else asked before me. (see how stupid all this is?)
    That's why the distraction fails and the question stands

Is the failure to admit mistakes confined solely to Trump among prominent politicians?

Look! Look! Here come's Trump to kill us all

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's why the distraction fails and the question stands

Is the failure to admit mistakes confined solely to Trump among prominent politicians?

Look! Look! Here come's Trump to kill us all
    Check your inbox.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just curious, what mistake did Trump make that would disqualify him from running again and you voting for him?

Who else did so much for America while under the constant restraints and accusations than Trump?

I truly do not get it.
    Who was this addressed to? If it was me, where have I ever said that Trump should be disqualified from running for POTUS again or that I don't give him recognition for what he accomplished under constant adversity when he was POTUS? I happen to find those things vote worthy in spite of what my opinions are about personality.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    It looks, at this stage anyway, that Desantis is being used as shade to cover those who want to move away from Trump but don't have the gnads to just say, 'I don't like Trump or his policy of America First'. Since Desantis is currently viewed as the most viable MAGA candidate, the liars that used Trump's influence for personal gain can now step away and say, 'See? I like Desantis. I'm still MAGA'. Desantis may turn out to be all that he is claimed to be. Anti-woke, anti-groomer, a truth teller. But the one thing he can never be is independent. He requires the $'s in order to achieve political success. With those dollars come strings and those strings are largely used to squeeze more lifeblood from us peasants. Trump can be self funded and void of attached strings. Desantis can never be void of strings.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Who was this addressed to? If it was me, where have I ever said that Trump should be disqualified from running for POTUS again or that I don't give him recognition for what he accomplished under constant adversity when he was POTUS? I happen to find those things vote worthy in spite of what my opinions are about personality.
    It was just a general thought, not for anyone specific.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Just curious, what mistake did Trump make that would disqualify him from running again and you voting for him?
    At least for me it's because:

1. He attempted to get state legislatures to appoint an alternate set of electors than those certified by the election... then failing that...

2. He attempted to cajole and coerce Pence to accept and
    count fake sets of electors other than those actually delivered by the states.

That was enough... more than enough to disqualify him from my vote, ever, but just adding icing on top of that cake was his vindictive going "salted earth" on any R that wouldn't back his stolen election story line, costing us control of the Senate and many House seats in the process.

All for his ego.

Who else did so much for America while under the constant restraints and accusations than Trump?
    No one... I'm in agreement with 99% of the policies his administration enacted or attempted to enact. Not even Reagan had that high of a batting average, IMO.

I truly do not get it.
    Same here... most on this board are true patriots. IMO, Trump explicitly violated his oath to support and defend the constitution... and demanded Pence and others do the same.

Sincerely, I do not get it how he's excused on this.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    For the life of this thread I've been unsure that Trump would actually run again. I think I placed the odds at 51/49 that he would run. Now that we're nearing his big reveal, I'm feeling more like 49.75/ 49.25 that he runs. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm not yet fully convinced he runs. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. My other curiosity is who he might pick for a running mate. I don't think the obvious names (Haley, Noem, etc.) would be willing to join the ticket.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For the life of this thread I've been unsure that Trump would actually run again. I think I placed the odds at 51/49 that he would run. Now that we're nearing his big reveal, I'm feeling more like 49.75/ 49.25 that he runs. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm not yet fully convinced he runs. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. My other curiosity is who he might pick for a running mate. I don't think the obvious names (Haley, Noem, etc.) would be willing to join the ticket.
    IMO I think it is pretty much likely that he will run again, and I say that because it appears that he has already started an unannounced primary campaign by stepping up the rhetoric against possible rivals who might even consider running in a primary.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Yeah, I've always figured it was more likely than not he would declare and run. But the man can be unpredictable, so there's always the chance of him declaring a new party or announcing his son is running, or something off the wall.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, I've always figured it was more likely than not he would declare and run. But the man can be unpredictable, so there's always the chance of him declaring a new party or announcing his son is running, or something off the wall.
    Well I agree that one of his strengths has been that he is unpredictable. That has been proven to be an advantage for him especially when it came to keeping foreign adversaries in check when he was POTUS.

Biden was always touted as a foreign affairs guru (especially by himself) but look at the current state of foreign affairs that we are entangled in. I would say that Trump ate Biden's lunch in that dept.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom