• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    For the life of this thread I've been unsure that Trump would actually run again. I think I placed the odds at 51/49 that he would run. Now that we're nearing his big reveal, I'm feeling more like 49.75/ 49.25 that he runs. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm not yet fully convinced he runs. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. My other curiosity is who he might pick for a running mate. I don't think the obvious names (Haley, Noem, etc.) would be willing to join the ticket.
    Lake if her governorship is stolen?

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    This statement isn't true. I also point out that constitutional scholars were unsure of protocol when there are disputed electors from a State(s). With or without this particular issue, Pence is proven to be weak politically. He rode the Orange coattales for his own gain. When the going got rough, he bailed. It's the same MO Pence has used politically any time the going gets rough.
    Pence is best suited for the House. That is where he was most effective. He lacked executive tact as a Governor. I'm not accusing him of being a fraud, but he's over measured when he speaks. He tries too hard to make each sentence a Reaganesque soundbite that will be sought out four and five decades from now.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Such a debbie downer post......exactly what the anti-american want us to think. Shattering hope, everyone falls into "it ain't gonna change" mentality and gives up.

I refuse to give up on our people to do the right thing. We have a few setbacks that can be overcome. You can choose despair or hope for your compass......I'll choose hope.

In the end, regardless, my victory is in Christ.

So how did that 2022 midterm turn out?

Could it be that I was spot on, and that things won't change until people get off their asses and actually make some changes to this country rather than hoping someone else does it for them?

The only mentality that is standing in the way is people still falsely believe you can vote yourself out of a hostile take over.

There won't be another president right of Mao until people have the courage to stand up and start addressing the problem. That courage requires being willing to plant trees you will never sit in the shade of, at the cost of your life.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why then tell us what we need to do rather than just go do it, since you are so certain of the path

The hill that ordinary people will die on is VERY close to home

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Let's just ignore the other parts not in red that heavily imply Donny was Donny's #1 choice to be president . He is a self serving narcissist who needs to go out to pasture before he torpedoes the GOP's chances in 2024. Hell at this point I would just about bet on Donny loosing the primary to Desantis and then running third party essentially handing the election to the Dems.
    What a way to hold the base hostage...

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    So how did that 2022 midterm turn out?

Could it be that I was spot on, and that things won't change until people get off their asses and actually make some changes to this country rather than hoping someone else does it for them?
    2022 did not end the way I wanted but it certainly is not the end. I still have hope and will not be discouraged; disappointed certainly, but not discouraged.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    2022 did not end the way I wanted but it certainly is not the end. I still have hope and will not be discouraged; disappointed certainly, but not discouraged.

And it will never end the way you want because the wrong game is being played.

Taking punches to stroke your own ego and think you're the bigger man is not how a war is won. At some point it requires punching back.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Not fraud in the snake oil salesman sense. I think Pence really believes what he's pitching in an arena full of hijinks and tomfoolery. I also believe he doesn't know how to read a room, which is why he was a lousy Chief Executive in Indiana.

Where I do believe Pence to be misguided is that he is strategizing one of two things:

1) He thinks himself the heir to the Republican Party throne as the party leader and eventual nominee. Look no further than his endless statements saying "...Trump-Pence Administration..." In the 30 years I've been paying attention, I'd never heard a Veep, or anyone for that matter, hyphenate their name with the President's name, when speaking about platform, agenda and policy. That's the ultimate grifting off coattails.

2) Almost as bad, he believes he can be the true Republican Kingmaker. The seamless transition between Trump's America First policies and the moderate, Country Club milquetoast establishment money that conjured him, a failing governor who may have lost re-election, as the under card to what that same establishment believed would be an electoral slaughter.

He's best suited for a legislature where he can be silently counted on for a sure vote every time it's needed. He's not suited to be in the spotlight waxing poetic about how effective he is or what he's accomplished.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    And it will never end the way you want because the wrong game is being played.

Taking punches to stroke your own ego and think you're the bigger man is not how a war is won. At some point it requires punching back.
    Total spin here or can one be that blinded by their own words?

Instead of blaming everyone else, let's look at reality. My hope is not in one man. My first hope is in Jesus and secondly a group of people, our citizens, that they may see the reality of their actions and decisions. I also have to place hope in the system our for fathers put in place.

I hope men/women come along and accept to take on the evils of this nation, yes even Trump. Whoever has even the slightest of chances to overthrow the evil we see today, my hope is in them.

You miss the point or refuse to see the value of that Rocky clip and how it applies here. I see it differently, I see ti as giving encouragement to keep going in spite of the odds, stand back up after being knocked down and keep trying. That hope, IMO, is speaking to internal hope and not in some one else. Comon', get up , no one can do it for you.....you got it if you keep trying.

We were beat up a bit this last election. Some of it our fault and some of it was, IMO, manipulated - but all was not lost.

Stand up, brush yourself off and get ready for another round. The fight ain't over till you stop hoping.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He's best suited for a legislature where he can be silently counted on for a sure vote every time it's needed. He's not suited to be in the spotlight waxing poetic about how effective he is or what he's accomplished.
    So, you're saying he'd make a good Dem senator for PA?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Of course. They see no need to fix what ain’t broken.
    No. It’s politics. Jim Jordan is the other choice. But the squishier Republicans won’t play. McCarthy is the compromise. It’s a congress of divided people. McCarthy has the tough job of bridging the worlds of America-first and establishment Republicans. If you want a different speaker, you need a congress made up of primarily America First Republicans.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom