Not open for further replies.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Trump was a C+ president.

The thing is, the current one and those in the scores of years before him are/were big fat red Fs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump was a C+ president.

The thing is, the current one and those in the scores of years before him are/were big fat red Fs.
    I mean, I'd give him a solid B at least up until the 2020 election. I'd give him a D for the rest of his term. Maybe that averages out to a B- overall.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I mean, I'd give him a solid B at least up until the 2020 election. I'd give him a D for the rest of his term. Maybe that averages out to a B- overall.
    I would have given him a B+ up until the start of the 30 days to flatten the curve. He would have gotten an A from me except for his anti-2A directions. After March, he gets an F from me. Had he not nominated the judges he did that over turned Roe, his initial grade would have been a B-.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    A- from me until the 2020 Senate election in Georgia; after that, a D. After the 2022 Georgia Senate election, F-.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Trump wasn’t perfect but had a stellar foreign policy. I want to hear other candidates position. Look up Vivek Ramaswamy. He is running and impressed me.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Trump wasn’t perfect but had a stellar foreign policy. I want to hear other candidates position. Look up Vivek Ramaswamy. He is running and impressed me.
    His statement scares me……

"To put America first, we need to rediscover what America is. That's why I am running for president," Ramaswamy wrote in a Wall Street Journal editorial. "I am launching not only a political campaign but a cultural movement to create a new American Dream—one that is not only about money but about the unapologetic pursuit of excellence."

We do not need to “rediscover“ America. We do not need to create a ”new” American Dream”. He is launching a “cultural” movement?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would have given him a B+ up until the start of the 30 days to flatten the curve. He would have gotten an A from me except for his anti-2A directions. After March, he gets an F from me. Had he not nominated the judges he did that over turned Roe, his initial grade would have been a B-.
    I don’t lay as much blame for Trump’s covid response on Trump during his term. He deserves at least a little blame. I’ve explained my rationale. Briefly, that he’s a real estate guy. He had no ****ing clue what to do, and his top advisors advocated that. And almost all governors did it too, and many for the same reasons as him. DeSantis locked down, but later came to his senses, apparently.

The part where Trump was responsible, he admitted that his instincts told him not to do it. And he went along with it. Now, I would give Trump a D-, and the only thing that saves him from the F, is that at least he has some pretense of being AF. Which puts him ahead of any D. The top factors that earn him a D- are: his pecker problem is still earning negative dividends, he tried to coerce Pence into essentially overturning an election, and he insists that he saved a million lives because of his response to COVID. Which tells me that he learned zero about the actual effects of his Covid response, or he’s ignoring it.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    His statement scares me……

"To put America first, we need to rediscover what America is. That's why I am running for president," Ramaswamy wrote in a Wall Street Journal editorial. "I am launching not only a political campaign but a cultural movement to create a new American Dream—one that is not only about money but about the unapologetic pursuit of excellence."

We do not need to “rediscover“ America. We do not need to create a ”new” American Dream”. He is launching a “cultural” movement?

Jury is out on Ramaswamy. But some thoughts. You and I don't need to rediscover America. We know about the America that was. And I say was, because that's not the America that exists anymore. The bat **** crazy people mostly control every major American institution. Media (movies, TV, news, publishing, tech), education, sports, corporate/business, banking, military, law enforcement.

Just the media dominance alone has shifted mainstream culture far from what it was even 10 years ago. The people who control it want the America that we know to fade away from memory. So to a lot of Americans, yes, it needs to be rediscovered.

I don't think the "new American Dream" is really any different from the old one. He says it's about money and unapologetic pursuit of excellence. That's what the old America was. The idea that you can achieve to the extent of your potential.

Now, I don't know if he meant his remarks the way I described. But I don't know what is frightening about what he said. No one knows this guy. That's the part that would give me pause. Trump has a presidential record of actions. DeSantis at least has a state governorship record of actions. This guy has words. So his road to viability is a lot longer than candidates who have shown us what they've done.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I haven't read this article yet, but claims posted on twitter are that Trump raised $4M since the indictment came down. And that was Yesterday. Trump will bring in loads of dough and solidify his base. I don't think Democrats care about that because ballot harvesting allows them to be disinterested in Trump.

ETA: yeah the article says $4M as of yesterday.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Jury is out on Ramaswamy. But some thoughts. You and I don't need to rediscover America. We know about the America that was. And I say was, because that's not the America that exists anymore. The bat **** crazy people mostly control every major American institution. Media (movies, TV, news, publishing, tech), education, sports, corporate/business, banking, military, law enforcement.

Just the media dominance alone has shifted mainstream culture far from what it was even 10 years ago. The people who control it want the America that we know to fade away from memory. So to a lot of Americans, yes, it needs to be rediscovered.

I don't think the "new American Dream" is really any different from the old one. He says it's about money and unapologetic pursuit of excellence. That's what the old America was. The idea that you can achieve to the extent of your potential.

Now, I don't know if he meant his remarks the way I described. But I don't know what is frightening about what he said. No one knows this guy. That's the part that would give me pause. Trump has a presidential record of actions. DeSantis at least has a state governorship record of actions. This guy has words. So his road to viability is a lot longer than candidates who have shown us what they've done.
    I agree with you but it is “his” interpretation (unexplained) that’s worries me.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Pro-Trump demonstration attacked in Huntington Beach. You'd think they would remember what happened the last time they attacked a conservative with a skateboard, dude looked really surprised to be dead

c07c0934cbe6129ca34815021475c3db.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom