• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    You don’t think Trump would have hired top flight election law counsel if they had not been put on notice of threat of blackball?
    Nope! The one's he had over in DoJ, like Barr, told him the truth... not the "right" answer... so he sought out the twin Krackens of Guillinani and Powers... and co-opted Eastman into a blatantly unconstitutional scheme memo... (and if you don't believe that, then I'm sure you're fine with Harris gaveling Biden re-elected on Jan 6 2025 regardless of the election outcome, because that's what the founders always envisioned, amirite?)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Eastman was once thought of as a constitutional scholar. Trump trusted his counsel.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nope! The one's he had over in DoJ, like Barr, told him the truth... not the "right" answer... so he sought out the twin Krackens of Guillinani and Powers... and co-opted Eastman into a blatantly unconstitutional scheme memo... (and if you don't believe that, then I'm sure you're fine with Harris gaveling Biden re-elected on Jan 6 2025 regardless of the election outcome, because that's what the founders always envisioned, amirite?)
    I just cannot get over what you post. We are like 99% sympatico in our beliefs but on Trump, it baffles me the deep hurt that comes across in every post you make about Trump.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You should read your own posted content... that Smith seeks to "circumvent" the appeals process... by "accelerating" the appeals process.

Your guy (Trump) and your site (Gateway Pundit)... blindly re-posting GwP smears one with the that site's utter lack of credibility, IMO.
    Said like I have but one site I post from.

Please name one unimpeachable content site. A site that has NEVER been wrong about the news they report. I’ll wait…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Merry Christmas to you as well. The left appreciates you suckling at the teat of their propaganda and marginalizing voices that deliver news the left wants buried…
    I am equal opportunity. I see what reading the news does to people on INGO. I don't see the need.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Eastman was once thought of as a constitutional scholar. Trump trusted his counsel.
    If one believes as I do that there were constitutional issues surrounding the manner of selecting the electors that are typically called the certified electors here they are no more valid than any other slate electors not chosen in the manner directed by the legislature.

The point was to create a situation to force SCOTUS to review the electors sent by the state.

And yes, some ideas written brainstorming how to proceed can be made to sound bad but so do my brainstorming ideas when problem solving an issue…

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    So, if Eastman had told Trump that it's over, the states have certified the electors, the "fat lady has sung"...

... that Trump would not have sought out someone, anyone who would give a different answer?

Trump, and this is his MO, ignores counsel that doesn't give him the answer he wants, then shops for one who will.

Reading his Wikipedia entry, it appears that he was a Constitutional academic (at Chapman) and all of the certs (representing states rights cases) he filed to the SCOTUS were denied. It's not like he was Ted Olsen or any other SG that argued extensively before the court. (and his op-ed on Kamala Harris' citizenship was a preview)

I just cannot get over what you post. We are like 99% sympatico in our beliefs but on Trump, it baffles me the deep hurt that comes across in every post you make about Trump.
    Mike, my rose-colored glasses for Trump fell off when nothing he said about the 2020 election turned out to be true and none of the **** he spouted on social media found it's way into his legal challenges. IMO, he fully intended to pressure Pence to implement the Eastman memo on Jan 6th and gavel him re-elected.

Like you, I don't see how anyone on "our" side of the issues could ally with such a man who put his own ego above the Constitution. That is just a hard deal-breaker for me. Period. Full stop.
    If one believes as I do that there were constitutional issues surrounding the manner of selecting the electors that are typically called the certified electors here they are no more valid than any other slate electors not chosen in the manner directed by the legislature.

The point was to create a situation to force SCOTUS to review the electors sent by the state.

And yes, some ideas written brainstorming how to proceed can be made to sound bad but so do my brainstorming ideas when problem solving an issue…
    You gloss over that there was a vote on the floor on Jan 6th to suspend certain states' certification... that lost.

Eastman's "next step" in the memo was for Pence to unilaterally override the will of the states AND the Congress to dispose of swing state electors and gavel Trump re-elected.

There was no "create a limbo" for the SCOTUS to resolve.... the plan was to appoint Trump President and let Biden fight it in the courts.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Still no comment on Jack Smith not having authority to even investigate, much less charge, and make court pleadings…
    Ummm... ignoring my post?

This is HILARIOUS!!! The vast majority of Trump's defenses are that as President he held sole executive branch power and argues that power was MASSIVE.

Yet the amicous argues that the Presidential executive (Biden) and his delegate (Garland) lacks the power to appoint a prosecutor.

That thar funny! Even for the Trump thread...

ETA: Here's the link to the brief becuase GwP's link, like everything about that site, is unreliable. Funny, only the congress has the power to create a prosecutor... an inherently executive position... but only Congress! Har, har, har!

Their first argument is that only Congress can appoint a prosecutor... or in the alternative, if the Executive branch appoints one, the Senate must confirm... is that what you're arguing, that the PRESIDENT and his delegates (AG) are POWERLESS to appoint a special prosecutor? That only Congress can?

1703267056139.png

ETA: Goes back to the bad old days of Congress appointed Special Prosecutor rather than DoJ appointed Special Counsel... now that was a Constitutional power-grab.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So, if Eastman had told Trump that it's over, the states have certified the electors, the "fat lady has sung"...

... that Trump would not have sought out someone, anyone who would give a different answer?

Trump, and this is his MO, ignores counsel that doesn't give him the answer he wants, then shops for one who will.
    If Trump truly believed the election was rigged and there is every indication that he did, then when Eastman presented a novel theory that he felt could be tested to him it's only natural based on that he would sign on with it.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ummm... ignoring my post?

Their first argument is that only Congress can appoint a prosecutor... or in the alternative, if the Executive branch appoints one, the Senate must confirm... is that what you're arguing, that the PRESIDENT and his delegates (AG) are POWERLESS to appoint a special prosecutor? That only Congress can?

View attachment 320391

ETA: Goes back to the bad old days of Congress appointed Special Prosecutor rather than DoJ appointed Special Counsel... now that was a Constitutional power-grab.
    The DOJ can appoint a special prosecutor but they must do so in a constitutional manner, this does not seem to meet that standard.

“the Constitution does not give the President or the heads of executive departments the power to create any offices and to appoint any officers they deem appropriate. Instead, it requires that Congress first create alloffices to which federal officers, supe-rior or inferior, can be appointed.”

Fitzgerald was already senate confirmed when was was appointed…

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    We're going to be hammered with this crap for 11 months. We're not talking about the 300k crossing the border, crime, inflation, lockdowns, war when this circus is at the top of the ticket. This takes away time, money, and media.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will take the self-own, as you call it. I am not an expert on history, especially surrounding the Nazis…those guys don’t get spoken of very highly in my circles.

If we are going to belabor the point, though…

Bug was trying to make the point that Rommel was an example of Hitler having “Good Generals”.

First, I think making that point at all is in poor taste, and ultimately counter-productive…it affirms JK’s association of Trump with Hitler.

Second, Bug’s example of a “Good General” was a guy who plotted to kill his boss, and I don’t think it really holds up to scrutiny.
    Yeah, no.

Let's not read into my statement more than I said. I'm not doing the "Trump is literally Hitler!" thing.

Top Bottom