Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    That's a good argument that Trump can look like the responsible and competent alternative by announcing a competent and responsible pick for VP. Picking someone who isn't nuts would appeal to the normal wing of the GOP and independents who could see a better path with Trump. This should move the numbers to an even better spot. Trump doesn't need to throw a bone at the MAGA base, as they'll follow him anywhere anyway.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It appears that Trump's campaign is now trying to court wealthy Haley donors after Trump previously vowed to "permanently" bar anybody from joining the MAGA camp that made a contribution to "Birdbrain" when she refused to drop out of the race after losing the New Hampshire primary.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's a good argument that Trump can look like the responsible and competent alternative by announcing a competent and responsible pick for VP. Picking someone who isn't nuts would appeal to the normal wing of the GOP and independents who could see a better path with Trump. This should move the numbers to an even better spot. Trump doesn't need to throw a bone at the MAGA base, as they'll follow him anywhere anyway.

Would you say that Haley would be a good choice to fill in that role like you once did?

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It appears that Trump's campaign is now trying to court wealthy Haley donors after Trump previously vowed to "permanently" bar anybody from joining the MAGA camp that made a contribution to "Birdbrain" when she refused to drop out of the race after losing the New Hampshire primary.

Trump is a politician. I don't believe any of his promises. The only thing to judge Trump on is his actions.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump is a politician. I don't believe any of his promises. The only thing to judge Trump on is his actions.
    There's a lot of that going on right now. That's part of the reason why he needs all the donors he can get. Whether they be once "permanently" barred wealthy Haley donors or thru a rekindled love affair with wealthy CfG donors.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Looks like the judge ruled that Wade needs to go based on the appearance of impropriety standard but in Willis's case he sets the bar higher that there needs to be an actual conflict of interest that would interfere with the outcome in order to disqualify her.

Basically, even though the judge acknowledged there was an appearance of impropriety he ruled that the defense failed to meet the higher standard necessary.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Looks like the judge ruled that Wade needs to go based on the appearance of impropriety standard but in Willis's case he sets the bar higher that there needs to be an actual conflict of interest that would interfere with the outcome in order to disqualify her.

Basically, even though the judge acknowledged there was an appearance of impropriety he ruled that the defense failed to meet the higher standard necessary.
    Appearance of impropriey? And “odor of mendacity?”

seemed pretty clear that she lied on the stand under oath Trying to cover up the “appearance“.

So to me, the judge is saying it’s OK if the DA is crooked. Incredible.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Appearance of impropriey? And “odor of mendacity?”

seemed pretty clear that she lied on the stand under oath Trying to cover up the “appearance“.

So to me, the judge is saying it’s OK if the DA is crooked. Incredible.
    The judge is scared of the left, could lose his job and maybe even his private practice. The leftists will take you down, the right has gone along to get along so long they are perceived as weak by the left…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Many including myself believe that both Willis and Wade and even Terrence Bradley were not speaking with candor in front of the judge and should be investigated but that is not for the judge in this case to decide on. That's a separate issue for another venue to take up. I happen to think there should be a criminal and or ethics referral.

I think by McAfee saying there is an "odor of mendacity" he is encouraging others to conduct an investigation to address that part.

Don't get me wrong I don't like this decision one bit myself but I'm just relating what my understanding is from having followed this proceeding.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom