• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    An unnerving thought; How close do any of us live to a railroad track? How close is the railroad to your water source?

For me, it's a mile. My daughter and grandkids are about the same. :runaway:
    I had the same thought yesterday.

There’s a track .2 miles from
    Me.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    An unnerving thought; How close do any of us live to a railroad track? How close is the railroad to your water source?

Doesn't really matter, with that storm cloud growing everyone in a 20 mile radius is going to get a big dose of the stuff, maybe even further depending on the winds. Not many live that far away from the train tracks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Doesn't really matter, with that storm cloud growing everyone in a 20 mile radius is going to get a big dose of the stuff, maybe even further depending on the winds. Not many live that far away from the train tracks.
    If we could just convert them to trails then there would be no risk…. :lol2:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    HAHAHAHA The rail company offered $25k in damage payments to the residents of the town, which equals out to $5 per person.

Could we look after our own country instead of eastern europe?
    So more than a week of forced evacuation means $25k?
    That is beyond insulting. Were did that number even come from? If that is really what they offered they damn well better be sued by every man woman and child in that town and surrounding area.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I think all the tracks near me are abandoned or seldomly used. One of them is proposed to became Holcomb’s boondoggle bike interstate. At least the bike riders can’t devastate an area with one event…that’s something, I guess. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Not sure if this has been posted. Apologies if this is a dupe. Decent read though. It's from a layperson not an expert. Decently thought out and sourced though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Top Bottom