• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SEH0521

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jun 18, 2020
    Jackson County
    Yes, a very unique experience. I had the opportunity to travel to a friend's home in Kentucky with my grandkids.

I was lucky and got some good shots through my telescope. Everything had to be setup correctly as there was no time for a second shot.

I had my telescope setup with my solar filter and had to use it until the last sliver of sun.

View attachment 293691

As soon as totality hit, I had to quickly remove the solar filter to take a photo of the total eclipse.

View attachment 293692

It was really nice knowing that my grandkids got to see this, and hopefully, will be able to again in the near future.

Ron

GREAT PICS!!!!

I was fortunate enough to fly a friend's Cessna 172 down to Princeton, KY with my three kids to view the 2017 eclipse. Super time and great memories! Snapped a few pics similar to these but NOT NEAR the quality/clarity.

Next total solar eclipse viewable across the US is after 2039 according to an Interactive Solar Eclipse website.

Hope everyone gets a great view, makes memories and stays safe!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Took the day off work. Headed to Bloomington to the daughter's house.

Hopefully most visitors leave right after the totality. They are expecting 200-300K.

I can hang out until 9ish if I have to and not miss much sleep.

Here's hoping for decent weather.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    So after reading this thread, and realizing that we are in the path, I started talking about it at work. Nobody had any clue. “We’ve seen hundreds of eclipses.” “It’s no big deal”, was the standard reaction.

Trying to explain to them that this might be a bigger deal than those other eclipses they saw, has been a hard sell.

The hotel room situation is what made people start to understand. I had people start searching for rooms, and there are very few available. Rates are in the range of $500 for the night if they found something. But it’s $100 the week after. Most hotels in Dallas are sold out.

This isn’t the zombie apocalypse, but people need to understand that in a town with two gas stations, and two dollar stores, shortages are gonna be a given.

I believe the circus is coming to town.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, anyone who says "Its just another. I've seen many" is clueless AF. And full of crap.

In our lifetime there have only been 3 here in the US. Only 2017 was widely seen. The other two were only visible in the PNW and across Florida. All others have been in other parts of the world.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, anyone who says "Its just another. I've seen many" is clueless AF. And full of crap.

In our lifetime there have only been 3 here in the US. Only 2017 was widely seen. The other two were only visible in the PNW and across Florida. All others have been in other parts of the world.

Miss this one and your next chance is 2045…Sobering to think this could be one of my first-lasts…

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    On a humorous note, I asked my boss if the company has any plan for the eclipse. “What eclipse?”

Every 2-3 years they have a week long thing where they invite a bunch of customers in, show them the facility, entertain them, etc. it’s a pretty big deal. Anybody want to guess what day this party is starting on? :lmfao:

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    I grew up in Columbus, so when I learned of POT running right over Columbus I was excited about the possibility of being there for it. But that didn’t work out.

A friend and her husband own a large business up in Elwood and are providing appropriate protective eyewear for all of their employees.

Facebook recently suspended my account, as a result of a critical comment I posted, so I won't have access to the photos many friends will post.

Hopefully you all will have a few to share.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    WIBC was reporting this morning that the Hampton Inn in Vincennes had at least one room still available... for $1,700 per night with a 4 night minimum!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Na, we had a total in VA and parts of MD in 1970, we watched in in the front yard with two pieces of paper. the top one had a hole in it and we watched the shadow on the piece we held underneath it.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Took the day off work. Headed to Bloomington to the daughter's house.

Hopefully most visitors leave right after the totality. They are expecting 200-300K.

I can hang out until 9ish if I have to and not miss much sleep.

Here's hoping for decent weather.

Oh, 300k visitors in Bloomington is going to be a mess. I'll bet I-69 will be a parking lot afterward too. But I'm exciting about being pretty much right on the centerline!

Top Bottom