• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I remember being a poor college student (well, sorta) and we were out of TP at the house when we were having a party. One of my roomies was announcing it to the party attendants as they arrived... "We're out of toilet paper, so if you gotta ****, take a shower." :): (Needless to say, I walked over to the Village Pantry and bought some TP.)
    Shortly after I bought my first house, I found out that the plumbing system was ****ed up and couldn't handle toilet paper (main was clogged). Until I could afford to get it fixed, I bought a dozen dark colored washcloths and just washed them out under the tub faucet afterward.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Shortly after I bought my first house, I found out that the plumbing system was ****ed up and couldn't handle toilet paper. Until I could afford a plumber, I bought a dozen dark colored washcloths and just washed them out under the tub faucet afterward.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :yesway:

For whatever reason, I'm a "frequent flyer" in the morning. I'd probably go through a half dozen washcloths. What can I say? I'm just a "regular" guy. ;)

I've never been able to relate to people that take the newspaper or a book in the bathroom. I'm in, out as quickly as possible. Am I going to have to "go" again? Yes. Am I going to sit and wait for it to happen? No. And I've probably shared more than I should have. :):

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :yesway:

For whatever reason, I'm a "frequent flyer" in the morning. I'd probably go through a half dozen washcloths. What can I say? I'm just a "regular" guy. ;)

I've never been able to relate to people that take the newspaper or a book in the bathroom. I'm in, out as quickly as possible. Am I going to have to "go" again? Yes. Am I going to sit and wait for it to happen? No. And I've probably shared more than I should have. :):

Since we're oversharing...

After developing a nice case of IBS for myself about 10 years ago, I straight setup shop in there. I have reading material, wet wipes, a perch for my laptop, no fewer than 8 rolls of TP within reach of the bowl with usually at least a full roll all squared up and folded into my desired size wiping segments ready for the task, a fan, a trash can for excess paper, and usually I take a beverage.

When you wake up at 3am all cramped up and about to spend a solid hour wishing for death in there, you want to be as entertained and comfortable as possible during the process.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sheeple gotta have something to do when they're panicking. They picked a run on TP.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    1878934691_TPalternatives.jpg.d9228b127af584cd7ca61d94a2276f54.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am currently in El Paso doing some day hiking (since Bataan was cancelled, I'm just walking long distances in terrible conditions on my own because apparently I think this is the sort of thing that's fun. And the views are stupendous) I stopped in a little grocery store for some bottled water and bananas.

Mexicans do not seem to be panic buying, and apparently in Mexican grocery stores you can buy single rolls of toilet paper. A woman in front of me who probably was alive when they were burning witches in Salem but smelled like she died about the time Lincoln took the helm bought three rolls and some churro mix. I got to practice my Spanish when the chip reader wouldn't work, I know all about them "otro vez" things and whatnots. There were no empty shelves. People seemed to be buying "normal amounts" of things.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Saw this on another site:

Some of the people who are hoarding toilet paper are the same ones asking you why you need so much ammo!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Shortly after I bought my first house, I found out that the plumbing system was ****ed up and couldn't handle toilet paper (main was clogged). Until I could afford to get it fixed, I bought a dozen dark colored washcloths and just washed them out under the tub faucet afterward.

We cloth diapered both kids with the fancy fleece lined dipes. Butt wipes were micro fiber and went into the bag with the dipes to be laundered. Im not above doing that for myself. Still have many microfiber cloths we use as rags. (not THOSE mocrofibers, silly) We could easily put them into service if push came to [STRIKE]shove[/STRIKE] wipe. (and wash)

And another overshare. Buy Metamucil. I've found since trying to lower cholesterol and just help my overall regularity as I approach 50, I find that I need MUCH less TP while taking a heaping TBSP of that at bedtime. I joked today with a friend about it. "yeah, its like phantom poops. It just slips right out. I wipe and it feels dry. I look at the TP and its still all white.:dunno: Maybe now I'll just put those couple squares back on top of the roll for the next person since I didnt really need it after all? "

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I almost forgot why I came in here.

Know why TP is selling out? Its because its actually a marginal profit, high storage cost due to its bulk. The cubic foot to income cost is stupid low. So they dont dedicate warehouse space to it because it takes up excessive amounts of space compared to higher density, higher margin products. So of course its easy to create a run on it. Because they dont have tons of it in the back to refill the shelves. After all, who buys lots and lots of TP?

And then this happens.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    And I almost forgot why I came in here.

Know why TP is selling out? Its because its actually a marginal profit, high storage cost due to its bulk. The cubic foot to income cost is stupid low. So they dont dedicate warehouse space to it because it takes up excessive amounts of space compared to higher density, higher margin products. So of course its easy to create a run on it. Because they dont have tons of it in the back to refill the shelves. After all, who buys lots and lots of TP?

And then this happens.

This is pretty much the truth. I have no experience with TP production, but the equipment to make rubber (for tires... you perverts) is exactly the same and it's a completely inline process. Once it starts, you don't stop it unless you have to and what comes out is throttled by available equipment to the rate of what is consumed. If more is consumed, you need more equipment.

So... TLDR, TP will be back as soon as the machines make more and they don't make it but one speed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    2 things come to mind for me:
    1) If you've ever been in the .mil, except the Air Farce, you know how little paper you get in the MRE's.
    2) Being left stranded on the crapper at a rifle range and having to cut up your drawers because a case of the ****s came out of nowhere.

I never want to re-live either of those moments. I've got plenty to prevent that.:):

Bob

Never had to deal with MREs.
    But we had flooding that took out most of the rolls in the gear locker.
    Just about took a warfighting ship out of service. :)

Top Bottom