• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "This comservative party is a party which never conserves anything. Its history has been that it demurs to each aggression of the progressive party, and aims to save its credit by a respectable amount of growling, but always acquiesces at last in the innovation. What was the resisted novelty of yesterday is today one of the accepted principles of conservatism; it is now conservative only in affecting to resist the next innovation, which will tomorrow be forced upon its timidity and will be succeeded by some third revolution; to be denounced and then adopted in its turn. American conservatism is merely the shadow that follows Radicalism as it moves forward towards perdition. It remains behind it, but never retards it, and always advances near its leader. This pretended salt hath utterly lost its savor: wherewith shall it be salted? Its impotency is not hard, indeed, to explain. It is worthless because it is the conservatism of expediency only, and not of sturdy principle. It intends to risk nothing serious for the sake of the truth, and has no idea of being guilty of the folly of martyrdom. It always when about to enter a protest very blandly informs the wild beast whose path it essays to stop, that its “bark is worse than its bite,” and that it only means to save its manners by enacting its decent role of resistance: The only practical purpose which it now subserves in American politics is to give enough exercise to Radicalism to keep it “in wind,” and to prevent its becoming pursy and lazy, from having nothing to whip.”

Robert Lewis Dabney - 1897

Not much has changed.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So was Lee Harvey Oswald. I really see 2 parties anymore. The communist party that use to be the democrats. And the democrat party that use to be republicans. There hasn’t been a conservative Republican Party in decades. Yesterday I just watched Judge Joe Brown tell the history of the Bush’s and Obama family….. holy crap couldn’t believe it. It’s all one big club and we ain’t in it.

Yep.
    See post above.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    If it happens, I promise it will live into INGO infamy.
    wfft.com/news/underdog-could-shock-the-world-in-indiana-u-s-senate-contest/article_c121d345-bb52-5332-bca1-0a3ef4ac4822.html

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If it happens, I promise it will live into INGO infamy.
    wfft.com/news/underdog-could-shock-the-world-in-indiana-u-s-senate-contest/article_c121d345-bb52-5332-bca1-0a3ef4ac4822.html
    Link did not open for me.

Reactions: oze

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I keep try to get it across that the voters in Indiana are not as conservative as most of INGO. But the bias of living in a conservative bubble is difficult to pierce…
    Then I guess the Republican party isn’t really the party that represents my values. I need to be moving my vote to another party that more aligns with my values.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is Young any better than a democrat?
    WanNauticalArcticwolf-size_restricted.gif

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Then I guess the Republican party isn’t really the party that represents my values. I need to be moving my vote to another party that more aligns with my values.
    I want a Constitution Party. A real one dedicated to a government consistent with the limitations set fourth in that document.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Hahah
    Yes, vote for Young and let him know how much you appreciate that he certified a fraudulent election.
    Also tell him how much you appreciate him enslaving our children with debt that they will have to pay back.
    Well I guess you also tell him how much you appreciate the great idea that he had about making our military chips in America. What a brilliant idea.
    Only he could have thought of that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hahah
    Yes, vote for Young and let him know how much you appreciate that he certified a fraudulent election.
    Also tell him how much you appreciate him enslaving our children with debt that they will have to pay back.
    Well I guess you also tell him how much you appreciate the great idea that he had about making our military chips in America. What a brilliant idea.
    Only he could have thought of that.
    So where is the option of a candidate you worked for and supported?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    So where is the option of a candidate you worked for and supported?
    They are the ones that never make it out of the primaries because everyone is so afraid of democrats winning the seat that they vote for the guy their corrupt party tells them has the best shot.

Top Bottom