• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Dang...I may have missed that one. Are you sure they weren't farmers walking in a "field" that looked like a lawn or folks sitting around a table?
    That soil wasn't going to grow anything. Plus the words BORDER PATROL were on the uniforms and vehicles. Did you know Todd Young was a Marine? He broke the record formerly held by retired USAF Brigadier General Carl Van Pelt, an Eagle Driver who actually once didn't mention he was a fighter pilot in conversation.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Don't hold your breath. Look how long Lugar was in there.
    Holcomb should have been out this last election
    Once they are in there, it is tough to get rid of them.
    I'm praying for another six years for sure. I'll be open to discussion about replacement come primary time in 5.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Don't hold your breath. Look how long Lugar was in there.
    Holcomb should have been out this last election
    Once they are in there, it is tough to get rid of them.

Like lice.

If we want more conservative representation we need to convince other voters that is what we need. Incumbents are not very hard to get out, IF THE PEOPLE WANT THEM OUT. As it currently sits we, on INGO are more conservative than our fellow electorate.

It was pretty easy to get Donnelly out, he was too far left for the electorate. The people decided Young is ok as evidenced by his approval ratings and polling so he will likely be re-elected unless a bunch of the more conservative voters throw a tantrum and waste their votes on candidates that have no chance to be elected…

Reactions: oze

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As it currently sits we, on INGO are more conservative than our fellow electorate.
    I disagree.
    It is more along the lines of ignorance of facts about said republican politicians. I know many very conservative people who have no clue how bad Young and other Rino Republicans are.
    Conservative voters need to be educated about leftist Republican candidates so they can vote them out of office.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I disagree.
    It is more along the lines of ignorance of facts about said republican politicians. I know many very conservative people who have no clue how bad Young and other Rino Republicans are.
    Conservative voters need to be educated about leftist Republican candidates so they can vote them out of office.

If one does not deal with a large crosssection of people on a regular basis it is hard to Know with certainty. Living in central Indiana and dealing with people downtown to the sticks I see them all and I can guarantee you we are more conservative than the median.

If you put your list of Young votes, that we despise, to republican voters in central Indiana most would not be upset. I agree that conservatives need to be educated but that is not enough to vote out RINO’s.

Then in Utah Romney is undermining conservative Mike Lee’s reelection. We need even the RINO’s to get the gavel from Schumer…

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    If we want more conservative representation we need to convince other voters that is what we need. Incumbents are not very hard to get out, IF THE PEOPLE WANT THEM OUT. As it currently sits we, on INGO are more conservative than our fellow electorate.

It was pretty easy to get Donnelly out, he was too far left for the electorate. The people decided Young is ok as evidenced by his approval ratings and polling so he will likely be re-elected unless a bunch of the more conservative voters throw a tantrum and waste their votes on candidates that have no chance to be elected…
    I would be one of those.
    Todd Young doesn’t deserve my vote. He doesn’t deserve yours either. He was involved in the coup that took place in the last presidential election. You keep voting for these same fools then wonder why they don’t change.
    He will get rewarded with your vote.

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    If you cant vote R, and would rather stab yourself in the eye with a rusty fork than vote Democrat, then vote Libertarian if possible. Yeah, they wont win, but to get proper recognition for primaries, debates, etc. a party must get so many votes per election. (too lazy to look up the exact number) So it helps them. And they are now a HELL of a lot closer to reasonable than Dems are.

Voting Libertarian when you wont vote for either crooked party at least helps somebody. And who knows, at the rate the two parties slide farther and farther from reality (and what the founding fathers intended) the Libertarian may eventually give us all a life raft to get away from the crooked ones.

And in this case you cant use the "if I vote libertarian I'll be taking away votes from Republicans and the dem will win." You're already not voting for him so that ship has sailed. So whether you just dont vote for a Libertarian or just dont vote in that race, the outcome will be the same.

The only wasted vote is the one you dont cast. Dont waste your vote.
    I should've mentioned - I voted for a Libertarian president in 2016 and 2020 when I lived in Virginia, where there were no Libertarians running for state or local office as far as I recall. So yea, Sceniak will be getting my vote tomorrow.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Regarding incumbents, they are massively hard to dislodge, like drunk relatives at the end of the evening.

Big problem I have seen over the years is simply name recognition - period. Once they're in everyone knows who they are. A larger group voted them in once, and that larger group tends to stay larger than the other group. So... unless they really anger their own people AND the opposition doesn't put up their own extremist, the incumbent remains.

Regrettably, most times now the democrats put up extreme liberals and republicans put up extreme conservatives, so nobody on either side is willing to chance it on the "other guy."

Add to this Gerrymandering and the problem becomes even harder to solve.

Does anyone remember the year we were going to "...throw the bums out." Whole country was mad. Get rid of all the democrats and republicans. ---Highest reelection rate ever! I think it was something like 98.5% retained.

Regards,

Doug

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Regarding incumbents, they are massively hard to dislodge, like drunk relatives at the end of the evening.

Big problem I have seen over the years is simply name recognition - period. Once they're in everyone knows who they are. A larger group voted them in once, and that larger group tends to stay larger than the other group. So... unless they really anger their own people AND the opposition doesn't put up their own extremist, the incumbent remains.

Regrettably, most times now the democrats put up extreme liberals and republicans put up extreme conservatives, so nobody on either side is willing to chance it on the "other guy."

Add to this Gerrymandering and the problem becomes even harder to solve.

Does anyone remember the year we were going to "...throw the bums out." Whole country was mad. Get rid of all the democrats and republicans. ---Highest reelection rate ever! I think it was something like 98.5% retained.

Regards,

Doug
    Historically congress has had, at best, a teens approval rate, the typical congressional member usually has a 60% plus approval rate. We always despise other folks congress critters but usually not our own. In a typical year, about 30 seats are toss up’s the others are safe because the majority of their constituents like them.

The first off year after a presidential election results in a move to the party opposite the President. That is where we are this year.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I would be one of those.
    Todd Young doesn’t deserve my vote. He doesn’t deserve yours either. He was involved in the coup that took place in the last presidential election. You keep voting for these same fools then wonder why they don’t change.
    He will get rewarded with your vote.
    And do you really believe that Young gives a crap about whether he “deserves” your vote and that will teach him ANYTHING? News flash he doesn’t. He will be more likely reelected if he can get the middle independent voters than going farther left.

My vote is not a “reward” but rather a vote for a viable candidate that is the best option to defend my values. He first got elected when the cry was “anyone but Bayh”. Most of them do not deserve our votes, but we must choose from what is viable and on the ballot. In fact if Young believes he was reelected by more of the left instead of conservatives he may track farther left to keep their votes.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom