Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Attorney General: Holcomb has no authority to enforce statewide mask mandate

...Gov. Eric Holcomb lacks the authority to enforce the statewide mask mandate he announced on Wednesday and should call a special session if he wants to implement the requirement, Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill said late Wednesday.

Hill, a Republican, issued an advisory opinion saying that state law doesn’t give the governor specific authority to require face coverings or to create penalties for failing to wear a mask.

“Without properly delegated authority from the General Assembly, the proposed order would not have the force and effect of law,” Hill wrote in the advisory opinion, which was requested by five state senators, all Republicans. “The General Assembly would need to specifically and clearly allow for a mask mandate by law.”...

Not sure we shoulda let Curtis Hill get trampled by the Holcomb machine???

Maybe Curtis needs to run as an independent for governor???

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Holcomb is a RINO ..... and just another of many Marxist bolsheviks. Perhaps it’s a crude perspective but if you can smell a fart you can breathe in the COVID 19..... so your cloth mask and paper mask etc are as effective as...... nothing. But hey it looks good and gets the Bolsheviks some press time so mask up......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhhh, odor (fart) is an individual molecule. Wuvid is composed of hundreds of molecules. Odor molecule is smaller than virus by 100x to 1000x. I'll wager you can smell odors even in an N95

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    [FONT=&quot]Holcomb said there won’t be any “mask police,” but violations will be considered a Class B misdemeanor, which can result in up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

I'll be in a coffin before I go to prison for not wearing a mask.[/FONT]

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I told you all a long time ago. Holcomb is a RINO. Traditionally, he would be better suited in the D party but because Indiana is such a Red state he could never get elected as a Democrat.

This is the defining problem in the Republican party. It is full of RINOs and once one is exposed and enough people realize it to vote them out then along comes another RINO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, recently, my experience being on the 'wrong' side of the mask debate, and being browbeaten to do what makes other people feel safe, has made me reconsider the hard time I gave phylodog about legalization and apologize. I had to live it to really see things from his point of view, though - so not optimistic about getting the masketeers to embrace individual liberty

Maybe Johnson isn't a hopeless stoner, maybe we just need to live closer to that intersection
    Oh no. Johnson is indeed a hopeless stoner. But not every libertarian is a hopeless stoner.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Cue the 'That's from back in May, the [STRIKE]script[/STRIKE] science has [STRIKE]been to re-write[/STRIKE] evolved since then' canard in 3 ... 2 ... 1

If this is true, then someone is asking me to trust the judgement of "experts" that JUST NOW learned that masks are suddenly effective at preventing COVID spread. Which means either the new "science" is bunk, or the so-called experts were ignorant fools that don't deserve trust anyway.

Hint-- it's the former. If you dive into the studies that "prove" masks work, it's weak sauce. Things like "this country masked and this country didn't and look at the difference!".

The people citing these studies as "proof" are too ignorant to know why the studies are crap. And the politicians relying on them are both too ignorant to understand them and too cowardly to reject the narrative anyway.

Isn't it interesting that the only "experts" we're supposed to listen to are the ones telling the politicians what they want to hear? A lot like the climate change scam-- "science" has spoken because only pre-screened scientists are allowed to speak.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If this is true, then someone is asking me to trust the judgement of "experts" that JUST NOW learned that masks are suddenly effective at preventing COVID spread. Which means either the new "science" is bunk, or the so-called experts were ignorant fools that don't deserve trust anyway.

Hint-- it's the former. If you dive into the studies that "prove" masks work, it's weak sauce. Things like "this country masked and this country didn't and look at the difference!".
    I could go with “ignorant fools”.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Where were the mask mandates back in feburary when it would have actually mattered?

Where were the border closings back in janurary when it would have actually mattered?

Want to be 5 months late the the party and then threaten to send me to prison for not caring about your virtue signaling? Go **** yourself.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    You know, the seat belt laws got passed state by state by corporations setting up phony citizen groups.
    It's was really quite a story at the time but was a story very hard to find.

Federal Govt tied highway funding to it I bet like they did with 0.08 dui level. The federal govt can't do it to the states but they can compel them to do it with money.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    More like AG Hill is repaying Holcomb for calling for his resignation based on the flimsy allegations against him. The holcomb/hill thing is personal. That's the only way I can see this.

Sorry, I was unclear. I was saying that I would vote for him, if he ran (the uncertainty is whether he has any desire to do so).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The people citing these studies as "proof" are too ignorant to know why the studies are crap. And the politicians relying on them are both too ignorant to understand them and too cowardly to reject the narrative anyway.

Isn't it interesting that the only "experts" we're supposed to listen to are the ones telling the politicians what they want to hear? A lot like the climate change scam-- "science" has spoken because only pre-screened scientists are allowed to speak.

You can see why it happens though, to dodge as much responsibility as possible

If it doesn't work politicians either say 'we did all we could' or tighten the screws further, but it seems like they were doing something

If politicians do nothing and cases and death ramp up, they have no way to hide from responsibility whether they deserve it or not

Pols are always playing to the main chance

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom