• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    We have had the discussion many times and in many threads. Even though we know either McCain or Obama WILL be our next President, many have said they will vote third party regardless. Most say it is because neither candidate is acceptable.
    I think it is more a matter of selfishness.
    These voters at the end of the election will be buying the "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for the Bastard" bumper stickers.
    So for the next four years they can bitch and complain because they didn't vote for the Elected President.
    The choice is too hard for them, so they throw the vote to someone who has no chance in hell.
    I have now shined the light down your rat holes, so I challenge you to stand up and make a choice. You might even be able to bitch but at least you were involved.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    We have had the discussion many times and in many threads. Even though we know either McCain or Obama WILL be our next President, many have said they will vote third party regardless. Most say it is because neither candidate is acceptable.
    These voters at the end of the election will be buying the "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for the Bastard" bumper stickers.
    So for the next four years they can bitch and complain because they didn't vote for the Elected President.
    The choice is too hard for them, so they throw the vote to someone who has no chance in hell.
    I have now shined the light down your rat holes, so I challenge you to stand up and make a choice. You might even be able to bitch but at least you were involved.

:+1: Great Post but, I think they are simply off of their required medication ;)

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Forgive me if I don't see the usefulness/wit of this post.
    I, for one, do not buy the don't blame me bumper stickers. Nor do I feel the least bit selfish or vindicated when my preferred candidate doesn't win. I make the choice to vote for the candidate who reflects the same values and principles I do.
    I do not "bitch and moan" for the next four years. I contact my elected officials with my grievances and the reasons for those differences EVERY year regardless of whom is elected.
    I think, rather, the choice is too hard for you. You refuse to do the work to research the positions and performance of the candidates and YOU take the easy way out and vote for one of the lesser of two evils.
    Don't speak to me of not being involved. What volunteer work did you do for your candidate? Did you go door to door and solicit votes for McCain? Did you man phone banks asking for votes? Did you actually spend any of your money in support of your candidate?
    Stand up and make a choice? It's people that DO vote for someone other than tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee that allow YOU to have a choice in the first place.

If I had more respect for your position, I might be offended. As it is, I am just saddened that you feel the need to post this drivel for no other reason than to elicit the type of response I provided.
    Well done, sir.

(I can see now why it says Sheepdog under you name)

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Somebody apparently doesn't know much about the term "sheepdog". Maybe it's a fascist thing?? :dunno:

Oh.... and you're wrong too!!! :rockwoot:

I just knew this guy was going to be ..... "interesting"!!! :D
    :cheers:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I think, rather, the choice is too hard for you. You refuse to do the work to research the positions and performance of the candidates and YOU take the easy way out and vote for one of the lesser of two evils. Not sure what you think research is but I have been buried in it for the last 18+ years. I am old enough to know, we need to know our history. I am also a realist.
    Would you buy a car that had no chance of making it off the lot? It might have all the cool features you want, in the color you want, and your ass fits in the seat just right. But if it had no chance of running and providing the transportation you needed would you buy it anyway? I'm guessing you would settle on something that was less to your liking but gave you the transportation you need.
    (I can see now why it says Sheepdog under you name)

ATM has it right. I protect those who haven't a clue that the wolves do stalk them.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera

:yesway: :+1: Thank God for sheep dogs

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Somebody apparently doesn't know much about the term "sheepdog". Maybe it's a fascist thing?? :dunno:

Oh.... and you're wrong too!!! :rockwoot:

I just knew this guy was going to be ..... "interesting"!!! :D
    :cheers:

No sheepdog under my name :rolleyes: Thank God for sheepdogs and Please, a Nazi for an avatar - how juvenile. Now take your meds and be a good boy :D

Rhino, you are absolutely correct but you know how it is when your playing in the sand box, someone always steps in the :poop: and then runs home crying to mama ;)

emclean

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    porter county (NWI)
    I have now shined the light down your rat holes, so I challenge you to stand up and make a choice
    I will stand up and choice not to follow the sheep (and sheepdogs)

I hope for the day when a third party will shair the stage with the other major canadets. I vote third party, becouse they will never reach a majorty if they never reach 5% of the vote. Ross Perot almost pulled it off, and he scared the big boys into makeing it harder for teh next time.

as long as we are living in a two party system the one side will demionise gun owners, adn teh other will ignore us, knowing that they have the gun vote (cause R is at lest better than D). ever the simpsons pointed it out back in '96.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have made a choice. I will not vote for either.

If I did, I'd vote for Obama. Why? Simple. He has the best chance of screwing up big time and making the American People rise up and hit the RESET button.

I think it's long overdue as is.

It's the duty of an elected government to provide candidates worthy of being elected. If they cannot do that, we have the duty to either not vote, or vote for a third party.

Supposedly Obama has not responded to the suit against him, and is therefore illegal anyway. If true, this could be really screwed up this year.

Check it out: Obama Crimes

Josh <><

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Obama, with his teams of lawyers, couldn't respond to the frigging discovery? Either he is an idiot, or the allegations are true. Either way, he's not fit to be President.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

I have now shined the light down your rat holes, so I challenge you to stand up and make a choice.

You really expect to win any "hearts or minds" like that? :dunno:

You offer no reason to vote FOR mccain. There are people out there looking for a reason, no matter how small to be able to hold their nose and vote for him.

Who truly pathetic you and your ilk are that you must result to insults and fear mongering to try and garner a few votes.

If obama was running as a republican you'd be arguing how much worse the democrat is and how we must elect someone "with a chance". You aren't a sheep dog, you're a blind partisan hack.

This is all fantasy talk anyway, mccain stands as much chance of beating obama as Bob Barr does, which is to say slim to NONE.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    While I don't agree with BloodEclipse, he is at least responding in complete sentences and coherent arguments. Can the other republicans please try to do the same?
    And sarge, apparently the symbolism in the avatar is too complex for you.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

Bloodbuddy, do you really want to have a conversation or a snipe fest that lets you burn off anxiety over this election and what will be the situation of this country the day after it?

I assume that you really do not want to have a conversation by your choice of words. And I will simply point out that the mantra of "you have to vote Republican because the other guy will eat the sun and we will all die" is old. We have been doing that for some time and this election it is even more strained. For some, that reason is no longer enough.

You want me to vote McCain, convince me. Belittle me and others and you do not accomplish a thing except having a moment of righteous indignation that may make you feel better but only drives a wedge in the gun community - doing us all harm.

You want to know why someone might go third party, ask. You want to yell in the street about it, and you can yell alone.

And in the end, remember that catharsis is also a form of selfishness. And a dangerous one at that.

Top Bottom