Thinking about getting a 2800 dollar grill.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You can do great grilling with far simpler equipment and save the cash for retirement, kids college, second honeymoon with your wife, investment for future, or a new AR-15.

Crap, use some firewood and by extra ammo for the AR!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I've been known to go overboard for hobbies. If tailgating is a big part of your life, and you can afford it without skipping a mortgage payment or starving the kids, go for it.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I have a Ducane. About 12 years ago it was over a grand. A few repair parts and it's still going strong.

dreamer56

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Next door in Illinois
    Yeah, what Fletch said. My brother bought a house and a very expensive grill came with it as part of the deal....I can't afford one but it was really nice and cooked incredibly evenly. Also, everyone who visits comments on it...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Totally your money, totally your choice. It's not what I would put $2800 toward, but like someone above said, if tailgating is kinda your "thing", and it makes you happy, it'd probably be money well spent.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If you spend $2800 on a tailgaiting grill you're going to irritate your friends when you complain that their football hits it, they spill beer on the speakers, etc... Do what you want, but don't bring nice things to drunken tailgaiting parties either :)

Not that I pretend to know you tailgait, but I've seen a thing or two before

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I wouldn't buy it but it is your money.

lets assume you only use this for colts games and you go to every single one a year. that means you will use this at most 12 times a year. 2 pre-season, 8 regular season, and if lucky 2 play-off games. if you still want it then buy bit. But I don't think you can return it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I wouldn't buy it but it is your money.

lets assume you only use this for colts games and you go to every single one a year. that means you will use this at most 12 times a year. 2 pre-season, 8 regular season, and if lucky 2 play-off games. if you still want it then buy bit. But I don't think you can return it.

We go garage sailin' (I know, it's not Sailin') pretty regular and you'd be surprised at all the Colts gear people are dumping!

I say BUY IT and then let me know when you're having your garage sale.!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    No possible way I'd ever spend money on a grill like that even if someone gave me the money to buy a grill. I'm not a fan of gas grills at all. Hell, I'd rather cook over firewood than gas even in a downpour, done it quite a few times camping.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No possible way I'd ever spend money on a grill like that even if someone gave me the money to buy a grill. I'm not a fan of gas grills at all. Hell, I'd rather cook over firewood than gas even in a downpour, done it quite a few times camping.

+1

Every time I go to Home Depot or Lowes and see someone eyeballing a $500 gas grill I have to fight the urge to point to a Weber, a chimney starter and a bad of charcoal. I just can't see paying all that money to end up with sub par results. If someone gave me a $1000 gas grill I'd plant tomatoes in it.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    gee you got that kinda cash........ how about i become that bastard son you never wanted................. daddy

jake

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have become a HUGE fan of the Big Green Egg. I don't own one, but if I had the cash, that is certainly the way I would go for a great end product. If you host a great deal of tailgates, I would certainly get something that meets the need for large groups, like the one you have posted.

Top Bottom