• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Looking at possibly getting a .50 bmg rifle. Currently narrowed down to McMillan tac 50 the EDM Windrunner and the accuracy international ax. The mcmillan has the reputation and is in military use. The EDM is got the cool factor and its the rifle from one of my favorite movies and Accuracy international. Right now the EDM is the one i have found for the lowest price. The AI and mcmillan are conventional rifles where the edm is takedown. If anyone has any esperience with these i would love to hear more info and customer service stories good bad or ugly besides performance. I have heard that edm is out of business other people have said no they are still servicing existing rifles and parts are available? Anyway all experience with these rifles and the companies is appreciated.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    My only experience in 50 anything was qualification in b.c.t had a chance at a rifle back in 2016. Then I thought about where to shoot that beast, chose to put my money in ar 15’s. Still haven’t shot one of them either. Guess there’s a pretty dedicated group of guys that shot’em but I also hear it can get pricy. Good Luck.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    I have no experience on the rifles you mentioned. I'm here to say if you want one and have a place to shoot it, get one. I currently have a Barrett m99 and a State Arms Rebel 36" heavy barrel. I've owned a few others over the years. Pick up ammo for good prices when you see it, I've picked up lots lately for $2-3 a round, with most around $2.80 rd. Half my joy in mine are letting other people shoot them. Hell my 12yr old can shoot the Barrett on a bench with no issue. Also consider weight, My State Arms is ~10lbs heavier so rarely gets picked up for range shooting. Good luck

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Here in indiana it is a rather useless rifle so it will just be because i want one but i believe cost wise the ammo is no more expensive than 338 lapua but the cool factor is pretty far up there so it falls in to a niche of i don't need it i cant really justify the cost but i want it anyway kind of debate with myself.
    I have no experience on the rifles you mentioned. I'm here to say if you want one and have a place to shoot it, get one. I currently have a Barrett m99 and a State Arms Rebel 36" heavy barrel. I've owned a few others over the years. Pick up ammo for good prices when you see it, I've picked up lots lately for $2-3 a round, with most around $2.80 rd. Half my joy in mine are letting other people shoot them. Hell my 12yr old can shoot the Barrett on a bench with no issue. Also consider weight, My State Arms is ~10lbs heavier so rarely gets picked up for range shooting.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Here in indiana it is a rather useless rifle so it will just be because i want one but i believe cost wise the ammo is no more expensive than 338 lapua but the cool factor is pretty far up there so it falls in to a niche of i don't need it i cant really justify the cost but i want it anyway kind of debate with myself.
    Actually 50BMG is a little less than 338 Lapua Magnum. My son owns a Sako M85LR in 338 Lapua Magnum and he's said a few times that he should have went with the 50BMG because of the price of ammunition.

Top Bottom