• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There was a time when being an immigrant to the USA had meaning and the immigrants had pride in their new home. It’s not like that today. As more and more emphasis is made on one world order, less is understood about what it means to be an American; and it appears our current leaders do not care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our leaders don't know what it means to be American and they don't care to learn.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Earth worshiper sets himself on fire.
    The ancient world earth worship, etc was associated to the god baal. Along with fertility.

This reminds me of a stunt I used to pull at restaurants that had candles on the table (a long time ago, when they allowed smoking in restaurants). I would carry in a small can of Zippo lighter fluid, wait until a waiter was coming to my table, squirt a little on my fingertip (under the table), then light my finger with the candle and light my cigarette with my finger. :): Freaked out quite a few waiters/waitresses with that little trick.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Unless your ancestors had names like "Running Bear," I'm betting there are more than a few immigrants in your woodpile.

I'd love to hear your take on what a "real" American is.
    You can be a immigrant and be 100% American. My mom was a immigrant from Northern Ireland. 100% loved this country. I think the point is the new wave of immigrant comes here illegally. Don't care to learn the language of there new home. Do not care to assimilate. Bring the crap of there homeland with them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You can be a immigrant and be 100% American. My mom was a immigrant from Northern Ireland. 100% loved this country. I think the point is the new wave of immigrant comes here illegally. Don't care to learn the language of there new home. Do not care to assimilate. Bring the crap of there homeland with them.

That’s the problem with allowing illegal immigration. The illegal immigrant community never see’s itself as American. Legal immigration brings the best of the world to the US to allow us and them to prosper and realize the American dream. Just opening the borders and allowing illegal immigration is not in our best interests.

We need immigrants, but we need them to get here legally.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Albeit long for some, this is a great video from the Hoover Institute that breaks down the issues of demographics, legal and illegal immigration, and American Idealism. I felt it was definitely worth the watch and brought up some very interesting points.

We are definitely at a crossroads, and I see real stock in the Strauss-Howe Generational Theory. When that is combined with technology, it makes for a much faster and jarring sea change in the cultural and social dynamic.

Top Bottom