• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The United States needs immigration, and lots of it. Other countries around the world are suffering from declining demographics as the baby boomers retire. There are not enough people in the younger generations to fill the jobs of the ones that are retiring. This is less the case in the US though. The United States have always been a country of immigrants. The best of other countries come hear for a better life and the US has flourished because of it.

We need to change our mindset regarding immigration. To some degree, the problems caused in the US are the result of people that are too far from their immigrant roots to understand that immigration is good for this country. Who is more likely to share the value of the hard work ethic and the rewards it brings: the welfare recipient that has generations of knowledge of how to scheme the system and live on the labor of others through government handouts or, the person that walked 1000 miles through Mexico to have a shot at earning a better life in the US?

I’m not saying that we should have open borders, but that we should see immigrants as bringing value to this country. The vast majority of us are here through immigration. Maybe not us, but our parents, grand parents, great grand parents and beyond.
    If I am reading you correctly you are criticizing many for their stance on immigration? I do not believe you could more wrong on that take. I do not know a single person that is anti-immigration. That is just a BS talking point of the left. What folks do want is secure borders, effective background checks, skills and the ability to support themselves, and most importantly, assimilation. Those are all constitutional duties to the federal government.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So much of today takes me back to the 70s, energy crisis instead of climate change of course, but poor economy and constant media ginned up despair are similar. Back then, newly married, I resolved to focus first on taking care of those I loved and were responsible for. Things got better in the 80s and I remember in 1989 with the fall of the USSR I felt like the country and world in general was on a better path. Today feels like the 70s again only worse, I'm hopeful things will get better, but have maintained my focus on what carried us through before.:)

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Unless your ancestors had names like "Running Bear," I'm betting there are more than a few immigrants in your woodpile.

I'd love to hear your take on what a "real" American is.

If you come across one, you will know it. They’re getting harder to find, but they are out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The United States needs immigration, and lots of it. Other countries around the world are suffering from declining demographics as the baby boomers retire. There are not enough people in the younger generations to fill the jobs of the ones that are retiring. This is less the case in the US though. The United States have always been a country of immigrants. The best of other countries come hear for a better life and the US has flourished because of it.

We need to change our mindset regarding immigration. To some degree, the problems caused in the US are the result of people that are too far from their immigrant roots to understand that immigration is good for this country. Who is more likely to share the value of the hard work ethic and the rewards it brings: the welfare recipient that has generations of knowledge of how to scheme the system and live on the labor of others through government handouts or, the person that walked 1000 miles through Mexico to have a shot at earning a better life in the US?

I’m not saying that we should have open borders, but that we should see immigrants as bringing value to this country. The vast majority of us are here through immigration. Maybe not us, but our parents, grand parents, great grand parents and beyond.

There was a time when being an immigrant to the USA had meaning and the immigrants had pride in their new home. It’s not like that today. As more and more emphasis is made on one world order, less is understood about what it means to be an American; and it appears our current leaders do not care.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you come across one, you will know it. They’re getting harder to find, but they are out there.
    So you don't have a definition. That's what I thought.

"If you see it, you will know it" means absolutely nothing. Everyone sees things differently.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Would you be surprised if Trumps “people” were floating the idea of a pardon ala Ford/Nixon
    to “preserve the dignity of the office” and “the long national nightmare is over”
    but the administration requires him to shut up and not run for any public office again.
    The Bidens are the ones who will be in need of pardons

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The primaries are a problem right now. Any candidate that is not an absolute zealot is quickly dismissed. Should a democratic candidate for president even suggest support for the 2A, they will be vilified and expunged from the election. Only caricatures of the party beliefs make it through an election primary. Our screwed up primary system is why we have the worst of the worst up for national office. In 2016, our choices were Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Trump is brilliant at running things, but has a level of arrogance that makes him an easy target for any opponent to hate. Clinton is the definition of evil incarnate. Yet, these were our choices. Better candidates existed on both sides but the litmus test of the primaries did not produce the best choice, but, on the democratic side, possibly the worst choice in the history of American elections.
    Among the many things I will be eternally grateful to Trump for, derailing the attempt to saddle us with Jeb and continue a Bush/CoC dynasty is high on the list

Sometimes a brutal primary is necessary to winnow the chaff

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So you don't have a definition. That's what I thought.

"If you see it, you will know it" means absolutely nothing. Everyone sees things differently.
    It is always instructive how the INGO backbenchers, who NEVER offer constructive ideas or solutions, will so cheerfully castigate others for that supposed shortcoming

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

That is because most of them won't make the news, they're just carrying on taking care of business and their loved ones. There are probably more of them just in Wyoming than the briefings R45 gets from the AIC can keep up with

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We are on a path towards a new world order and one world government. And there are plenty of American politicians and political activists working toward that one world goal, current president included. He recently thanked other UN leaders for “tolerating” him.

I believe the Bible is true and biblical prophecies will come true. One of the biggest prophecies is the rise of a one world government that will facilitate the Antichrist’s rise to power. My personal belief Is that we’re starting to see that unfold.

If that’s true then this is bigger than politics and bigger than America. Voting is important, educating others is important but like the other post said, the best thing we can do is be on our knees praying. Praying for our leaders, our country and most importantly for our loved ones that this mess will be left too.
    Amen.
    You beat me to it.
    The Bible definitely tells what is happening if people would accept it.
    It will only get worse until Christ's return.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom