• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    If anyone wants to demo this can, PM me and I'll arrange it on my private range. It's worth hearing. Check them out at https://tsvsuppressors.com/

So, I interviewed Travis at Tried and True Alehouse with our wives last week, and while our better halves discussed Chive TV, he and I got down to brass tacks about suppressors.

First - Travis is a good guy. He knows how to run a machine shop, and although I kinda glazed over his technicals, he spent the next ten minutes telling me about how he cuts his end caps and uses astro-grade locktite on his suppressors. You can tell this guy loves his craft. Despite me trying to tell him to slow down, he kept throwing technicals at me, which as a reloading guy, I can fully appreciate. 6061, Yep. Steel threading, Dual port, single vent baffles... Dual Port single vent baffles. WTF? Hold up..... That's some new suppressor technology.

What I can tell you is that this can is 6.050" long. It has five baffles. The front cap is actually good looking - something most manufactures don't care about. The other thing I can tell you is that Travis is a verified Marine Sniper. OEF & OIF. That's not bull, that's a real guy doing real stuff.

The last thing I have to say before I put links below is - Dude, this can is unlike anything I've ever heard.

This thing is quiet. So quiet. Really quiet. Hollywood quiet if you'll believe it. @edwea has shot it, and hopefully he'll chime in. It's something you have to hear to believe.

Whitetail Trading is going to be the exclusive wholesaler of his suppressor line. He's also working on a 556, a 30cal and a 46cal, which I'm pretty excited about. Being the distributor, if you have an issue, you can call ME @Aszerigan directly and I'll get it fixed for you. That's the best promise you'll find on the internet.

These cans are rated up to 5.7x28 and cost $279. I have six of them on form right now enroute. I can efile these in the next week.

Full Disclosure - Travis sent me this can as a dealer sample. I had not fired the TSV can before video #2. This is my honest reaction. @edwea will back me up on this.

I've never seen a can like this... Video below.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I can confirm that this can is quiet. I was shooting a bolt action, so there was no action noise. There wasn't really any noise. Just the click of the trigger and that was about it. I shot a couple different subsonics before the rain ran me off, both were sooo quiet.

I hope this company is successful in the long-term. Partly because it's Indiana based and I naturally want to support local craftsmen. More than that though, I want to see the next gen of this suppressor. I want to see the 9mm, 30 cal, and whatever else this guy comes up with. Looking forward to good things from TSV for sure!

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Just talked to Travis - he's hoping to have another caliber release at the end of May.

These things are hard to make, hard to test and even more difficult to manufacture at quality specs.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Very encouraging. I agree with you as to wishing him success, especially navigating the white water rapids of customer service.

Huntertown had some good products, but just careened off the rails and got swamped.

BTW, didn't Montana or Wyoming try passing a law, about 10~12 years ago, that said firearms and suppressors made in state could be purchased/used in state without Fed.gov paperwork?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Huntertown had some good products, but just careened off the rails and got swamped.

BTW, didn't Montana or Wyoming try passing a law, about 10~12 years ago, that said firearms and suppressors made in state could be purchased/used in state without Fed.gov paperwork?
    Not sure about MT or WY, but Texas is pushing it. No one is getting refunds on stamps, so I'm not holding my breath on Indiana being a "made-in" state, but it may be a benefit in the future. In the meantime, I'm just trying to get TSV into the mainstream.

Also, with regards to Huntertown... I loved their products. They were affordable but not innovative, and what really killed them was their customer service. I'm putting MY reputation behind this company, so if anyone has any issues, they can come to me directly, and they'll have my cell number upon delivery.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Where'd my post go from Monday? I was subscribed to this thread. Now I'm not and my post is gone
    Maybe you subbed to this one:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Maybe you subbed to this one:
    Ok, I was unaware of another with the same title

Top Bottom