• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    i don't mind the cops. it's the crims that get to keep their 30 round "clips" that i have issues with.
    I'll save a good civic debate for the political section (which I try to avoid) or should we ever meet in person. :cheers:

I love the P229 platform for EDC. Depending on just how much concealment is needed, it can be a great choice. I would not choose it for deep concealment though. That's where the P938 shines
    Hmm. There's a redbox 229 in .357 Sig on GB. Maybe I'll see if the shop is willing to sell it at a reasonable price. I think Atkinsons at one point was selling red box Sigs for $599? Of course that was a while ago.. The shelves seem less bare than a few months back. But no used 2329/239 Sigs that I could find in Lafayette yesterday.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I'll save a good civic debate for the political section (which I try to avoid) or should we ever meet in person. :cheers:
    i hear you. lol. i wasn't trying to start a debate. at least not here.

no need for a debate though...i was agreeing with you.

back to the sigs...i saw a pawnshop on armslist (in florida i believe) with p229 .40 s&w police trade-ins for $600. i'll post a link if i find the add again

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Years ago, I bought a P229 and a P239, both in .40 but I got a .357 Sig barrel for each of the. That little P239 really blows a fireball out.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    i hear you. lol. i wasn't trying to start a debate. at least not here.

no need for a debate though...i was agreeing with you.

back to the sigs...i saw a pawnshop on armslist (in florida i believe) with p229 .40 s&w police trade-ins for $600. i'll post a link if i find the add again
    Yeah, I'm sure we have a lot of agreement, I was just trying to make sure we avoided a debate in the Sig thread.

Saw a redboxed p229 on GB. But $800 opening bid. A good $200 high for me. I bought a LNIB P226 in .357 Sig for $570 after shipping and transfer fee around the start of the year.

Years ago, I bought a P229 and a P239, both in .40 but I got a .357 Sig barrel for each of the. That little P239 really blows a fireball out.
    Yeah, my thinking was to pick one up and get a Bar-Sto barrel barrel for it. Maybe one that goes slightly beyond the slide with the porting for such a small gun. I'm also curious that if the P239 blows a fireball, then maybe it's not able to take advantage of the 357 Sig ballistics?

I like how my Steyr M40 fits in the hand. Looking at https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p229-nitron-compact-vs-steyr-arms-c9-a2-mf makes me thing that a Steyr in S/C size would be comparable and also provide a 40/357 option (but granted, polymer framed and only double-stack thickness). Anyway that I go, I'd like to hold the (sub)compacts in my hand before committing the money.

More likely than not, I'll just wait. People are just expecting too much for them at the moment, at least on my budget. Gun shops are relatively full now. Prices will come back down in a year or two. There will be someone with a P229/P239 who doesn't want to handload or pay for .357 Sig ammo and just want to get rid of it.. I'm young. I can wait. I don't remember if it was Expat or Chaplain who told me 10 pages back or so to just keep waiting for the right deal, but it was good advice.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I'm sure we have a lot of agreement, I was just trying to make sure we avoided a debate in the Sig thread.

Saw a redboxed p229 on GB. But $800 opening bid. A good $200 high for me. I bought a LNIB P226 in .357 Sig for $570 after shipping and transfer fee around the start of the year.

Yeah, my thinking was to pick one up and get a Bar-Sto barrel barrel for it. Maybe one that goes slightly beyond the slide with the porting for such a small gun. I'm also curious that if the P239 blows a fireball, then maybe it's not able to take advantage of the 357 Sig ballistics?

I like how my Steyr M40 fits in the hand. Looking at https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p229-nitron-compact-vs-steyr-arms-c9-a2-mf makes me thing that a Steyr in S/C size would be comparable and also provide a 40/357 option (but granted, polymer framed and only double-stack thickness). Anyway that I go, I'd like to hold the (sub)compacts in my hand before committing the money.

More likely than not, I'll just wait. People are just expecting too much for them at the moment, at least on my budget. Gun shops are relatively full now. Prices will come back down in a year or two. There will be someone with a P229/P239 who doesn't want to handload or pay for .357 Sig ammo and just want to get rid of it.. I'm young. I can wait. I don't remember if it was Expat or Chaplain who told me 10 pages back or so to just keep waiting for the right deal, but it was good advice.
    patience is good. it's a good thing i have more time than money.

you should check recoilgunworks.com from time to time. the bulk of his business is pd trade-ins. i've seen a few p229's for around $600. usually when i don't have the money to buy. he always have sig mags in stock for less than $20. usually p226 & p229. i've seen a few p239s axouple of times.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    patience is good. it's a good thing i have more time than money.

you should check recoilgunworks.com from time to time. the bulk of his business is pd trade-ins. i've seen a few p229's for around $600. usually when i don't have the money to buy. he always have sig mags in stock for less than $20. usually p226 & p229. i've seen a few p239s axouple of times.
    Thanks! I'll check it out this evening after working.

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort
    i have a galco miami for my p220. i have an elcheapo iwb too. but i prefer shoulder holster.

i'm hoping to one day soon replace my p226 or get a p228. i'm even looking at tread 400's.
    Also a fan of shoulder holsters. Never could find one I really liked. Frustrated I made a list of things I liked about different style shoulder holsters. Came up with one that works perfect for me..... Bianchi X-15 medium auto vertical main holster -Bianchi Scorpio X leather harness - Ross leather double mag pouch to balance out the weight. Very comfortable , plenty of adjustability. best part is I have less than 75 bucks in it.

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort
    Not sure if this is the right way or place to ask a question. So don't blow me up , ban me forever or send me to INGO purgatory ..... Question: Sig P320 compact (carry) 45acp. with manual safety. Does anybody offer a X style frame module for it ? I have seen them for 9mm, 357and 40cal. but none for the 45acp. Again if this question is not properly submitted correctly just let me know and I will withdraw it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Not sure if this is the right way or place to ask a question. So don't blow me up , ban me forever or send me to INGO purgatory ..... Question: Sig P320 compact (carry) 45acp. with manual safety. Does anybody offer a X style frame module for it ? I have seen them for 9mm, 357and 40cal. but none for the 45acp. Again if this question is not properly submitted correctly just let me know and I will withdraw it.
    I’m about 99.9995 percent positive that sig dropped the 45 almost as soon as they announced it, and that was way before sig released the x frame, that said I’ve never seen a mirzon or Wilson X frame for the 45 320 let alone anyone make a after market frame for the 320, if your looking for a beaver tail, higher grip, undercut trigger guard, I think I’ve seen 45 acp 320 frames at cdnn sports for as low as 20 bucks, get a dremmel and a frame and grind till you get the shape or size you want

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    At least according to this: WCP320 Grip Module Reference 1.3.1.pdf (shopwilsoncombat.com)

Wilson does not have one:

"Will the WCP320 grip module work with .45 ACP or 10mm? No, the WCP320 magwell is too small for the large caliber magazines. There are no plans to support larger calibers at this time"

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort
    I’m about 99.9995 percent positive that sig dropped the 45 almost as soon as they announced it, and that was way before sig released the x frame, that said I’ve never seen a mirzon or Wilson X frame for the 45 320 let alone anyone make a after market frame for the 320, if your looking for a beaver tail, higher grip, undercut trigger guard, I think I’ve seen 45 acp 320 frames at cdnn sports for as low as 20 bucks, get a dremmel and a frame and grind till you get the shape or size you want
    Thank you for responding. That is what I thought, but wanted to verify the info. The pistol shoots and carry's very well with no issues after approx 2500 rnds. Thank you again for the information

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort
    Sig P220 DA/SA 45acp question. Has anybody had any experience with Shepard Tactical flat or straight triggers ? They look to be well made and with the same adjustability as those costing close to twice the amount. Currently listed at 38.00 with free shipping. Any help is appreciated.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sig P220 DA/SA 45acp question. Has anybody had any experience with Shepard Tactical flat or straight triggers ? They look to be well made and with the same adjustability as those costing close to twice the amount. Currently listed at 38.00 with free shipping. Any help is appreciated.
    I have no experience with them

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I have shot full sized Glocks, M&P's, PPQ's CZ's XD's and VP9's and the P320 is by a huge margin my absolute favorite Semi/A HG and I own more than a few in both 3.9" and 4.7" versions.
    Just wish the Sig OEM mags were more sanely priced.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I don’t have any experience with them, but I have a gray guns on my legion, and it’s very nice, I also have a kerres custom on my 320 legion, I know armory craft makes one too, if I have one complaint it was the the kerres took like 6 weeks to deliver, but I like it other than that, this info doesn’t help with your question, but it’s my experience

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort
    I don’t have any experience with them, but I have a gray guns on my legion, and it’s very nice, I also have a kerres custom on my 320 legion, I know armory craft makes one too, if I have one complaint it was the the kerres took like 6 weeks to deliver, but I like it other than that, this info doesn’t help with your question, but it’s my experience
    Thanks for the info. Not sure if I am going like a flat (straight) trigger on my P220 and did not want to put a bunch of money into one just to try it . I did order the trigger from Shepherd Tactical Solutions for the P220. It has the same adjustments for pre and over travel so I thought I would give it a try. I guess I would rather be out 38.00 vs 75.00 in case its not for me. I did put a Sig OEM flat trigger on my P320 compact and it is has worked out really well. Thanks again for the input.

Top Bottom