• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My EDC right now is my P229 Elite in 9mm. If I'm going anywhere with an increased social interaction, I carry a LE trade-in .40 P226 with a factory 9mm barrel. That's an extremely easy gun to shoot accurately and with a pair of spare 18 round mags, gives me 55 tries to solve any situation that might come up. If I'm mowing, I carry a Shield Plus because I don't want to sweat soak a nice gun

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

The new SIG Custom Works Spectre Series. Beautifully crafted. Unquestionable performance.​

The latest creation from SIG Custom Works brings a whole new level of customized style to our two most popular pistols. The P320 XCOMPACT Spectre and P365XL Spectre grip modules are laser engraved at SIG SAUER with a custom pattern on all four sides delivering an aggressive yet stylish texture for a stronger, more controlled grip. Both slides were designed with the exclusive Spectre X-pattern engraving, lightening cuts, and graduated serrations with a distressed finish to ensure every pistol is truly unique. These exclusive enhancements paired with XSeries features such as flat triggers, XRAY3 Day/Night sights, and optic-ready slide cuts make the P320 XCOMPACT Spectre and P365XL Spectre stand above the rest for the ultimate custom CCW pistols.

The whole distressed slide thing has no interest for me, I can beat up the slide myself. The X on the top also doesn't do much for me either.

Interesting that the 320 slide is 3.9"Compact vs the 3.6" X-Compact/Subcompact slide. The permutations on Sig guns are interesting to keep up with. Do like that they are incorporating more standard optic footprints as time goes along, but also makes things tough to keep up with.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They do look interesting. I'm not a fan of store bought distressed finishes either. I prefer my guns the same way I like a good burger. Simple but well executed. A standard Sig P229 Elite is simple but well executed. Same goes for a P226

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    They do look interesting. I'm not a fan of store bought distressed finishes either. I prefer my guns the same way I like a good burger. Simple but well executed. A standard Sig P229 Elite is simple but well executed. Same goes for a P226
    i wish i had never sold my p226. but i'm thankful for my p220.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    i wish i had never sold my p226. but i'm thankful for my p220.
    Better keep hold of the P220, I believe they stopped production of those. Fortunately you can always get the P226.
    I had to sell my M11A1, I don't regret, just hope I can get another myself.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Better keep hold of the P220, I believe they stopped production of those. Fortunately you can always get the P226.
    I had to sell my M11A1, I don't regret, just hope I can get another myself.
    it's never leaving me. i was hoping to get a p229 or p226 this week but i have some car repairs to do. maybe in a couple of weeks.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I hadnt heard they were discontinuing the P220s.
    you could still order the p220 legions from the website about a month ago. but i've read since then they are to be discontinued.

i've seen a couple of p226's and a p229r for sale by private owner in the last week. reasonably priced too. wish i didn't need to fix my car.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    you could still order the p220 legions from the website about a month ago. but i've read since then they are to be discontinued.

i've seen a couple of p226's and a p229r for sale by private owner in the last week. reasonably priced too. wish i didn't need to fix my car.
    I am glad I picked up that P220 carry Legion before the madness set in.

One thing about most of those Sigs, they will be around when you are ready. May just take some looking and patience. There are a lot of them out there. and the kids only seem to want the plastic striker fired stuff.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I am glad I picked up that P220 carry Legion before the madness set in.

One thing about most of those Sigs, they will be around when you are ready. May just take some looking and patience. There are a lot of them out there. and the kids only seem to want the plastic striker fired stuff.
    yeah. thank god for the foolishness of youth & the paitience of old age

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Vickers magazine floorplates now available for Sig P320

It's a shame I can't find such a critter for the P226.

Found a kinda cool article on P226 grips:

Get a Grip: Which Grips Should I Put on my SIG Sauer P226?

https://www.realgunreviews.com/get-a-grip-which-grips-should-i-put-on-my-sig-sauer-p226/

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I have bought several of these for my P226's and like them very much:
    Hard Duty Use SIG P226 9mm Magazine Base Pads - Grayguns
    Thanks!
    Sadly, while mine are OEM, they are made by Mec-Gar in Italy 'These will not fit the OEM 15-round magazines manufactured by Mec-Gar. Those magazines are marked “Mec-Gar Made in Italy.” ' I guess this is the price I pay for having a newer Sig (My estiamted date is ~'10).

Amory Craft makes some: https://www.armorycraft.com/product-page/sig-p226-plus-zero-p226-15-17rd-aluminum-base-pad-black
    I should inquire with them if there are any generational issues like GG warns in their link.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Never…ever…walk into a gun shop saying to yourself “I’m not going to buy a gun”…because your gonna eat those words!
    Sig Sauer custom works AGX classic metal frame compact rx 320 with walnut grips X-ray sights with 3-17 round mags and a dial locking briefcase (and a challenge coin!)

just the other day I told a friend I was not buying anymore sigs unless I came across a p230/232 or a Swiss p210! Famous last words right?

(I was actually looking for a 229 or 220 legion single action)

Attachments

• F9F22AF1-B8C6-4845-B8A0-BB4DDAA9D4F8.jpeg
      F9F22AF1-B8C6-4845-B8A0-BB4DDAA9D4F8.jpeg
      2.2 MB · Views: 14

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Never…ever…walk into a gun shop saying to yourself “I’m not going to buy a gun”…because your gonna eat those words!
    Sig Sauer custom works AGX classic metal frame compact rx 320 with walnut grips X-ray sights with 3-17 round mags and a dial locking briefcase (and a challenge coin!)

just the other day I told a friend I was not buying anymore sigs unless I came across a p230/232 or a Swiss p210! Famous last words right?

(I was actually looking for a 229 or 220 legion single action)

I drooled over the webpage when that first came out .... and didn't realize that they had hit the shops already.
    It looks great. Good snag ! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom