• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    In case you P320 users are interested. A (pretty pricey) P320 Lower parts kid with Wilson Combat extended slide release.The WC good for lefties. Lefties can also just make a U-shape with the thumb and middle finger to tap the original slide release from my brief stint with a P250:

Edit: Just to note, that's not the official Sig site. I've never personally ordered from them.

Last edited:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i purchased a p226 .40 s&w new in 1992. became dumb in 2001 and sold it. i'm smart now...just picked up a p220 last week. traded a m&p 40. i'm currently looking for another reasonably priced p226. i would prefer .40 s&w...hint hint.

edit to add pic
    IMG_20210502_123935.jpg

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    i purchased a p226 .40 s&w new in 1992. became dumb in 2001 and sold it. i'm smart now...just picked up a p220 last week. traded a m&p 40. i'm currently looking for another reasonably priced p226. i would prefer .40 s&w...hint hint.
    Looks nice. Don't think I'd want a SAO only for my lefty self. I did pick up a hardly used P226 in .357 Sig for $550 shipped even during all of this. Just have to hang on, I guess. I think the P226 SAO are more pricey than the usual DA/SA. A quick look at the Sig site. It seems the only current production P226 SAOs are Legion. $$$

i would prefer .40 s&w...hint hint.
    When you hit 50 posts, you can post a WTB ad in the classifieds, message non-mods, etc. Can also pay a small fee to become a Site Supporter and take off the pressure of hitting 50. It's nice. Helps keep the site running.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My .40 P226 came from GB. Police trade in for under $500 back in December. The .40 is the most versatile in that you can run 3 calibers using factory barrels and mags

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    My .40 P226 came from GB. Police trade in for under $500 back in December. The .40 is the most versatile in that you can run 3 calibers using factory barrels and mags
    .40 S&W, .357 Sig, and ? I thought the 9mm required a spring change.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Looks nice. Don't think I'd want a SAO only for my lefty self. I did pick up a hardly used P226 in .357 Sig for $550 shipped even during all of this. Just have to hang on, I guess. I think the P226 SAO are more pricey than the usual DA/SA. A quick look at the Sig site. It seems the only current production P226 SAOs are Legion. $$$

When you hit 50 posts, you can post a WTB ad in the classifieds, message non-mods, etc. Can also pay a small fee to become a Site Supporter and take off the pressure of hitting 50. It's nice. Helps keep the site running.
    it's a dak. i was very confused at first. did a lot of research to figure out the mixed signals. i finally took it apart and identified it by the hammer assembly. i am 99.99% sure at this point. plus the case says it's dak. the trigger is definitely different from any of my other da/sa and sao pistols.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    it's a dak. i was very confused at first. did a lot of research to figure out the mixed signals. i finally took it apart and identified it by the hammer assembly. i am 99.99% sure at this point. plus the case says it's dak. the trigger is definitely different from any of my other da/sa and sao pistols.
    Ah, that makes more sense. I've never played with one of those.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i hadn't either until now. i think i've learned more about the classics in the past week than i had for the almost 10 yrs i had the p226. i've ordered about $200 in parts so far. waiting on the deliveries. i just hope they're not coming via UPS

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Hmm. I haven't ever worked in a dak. I think 88 above looked over what was needed to convert a DAK to a DA/SA - dunno if that's the direction you wanted to go with it. Osage and Gray Guns both stock plenty of Sig parts. Osage also orders a bunch of GG original parts. Armorer's manuals can also be found online.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Hmm. I haven't ever worked in a dak. I think 88 above looked over what was needed to convert a DAK to a DA/SA - dunno if that's the direction you wanted to go with it. Osage and Gray Guns both stock plenty of Sig parts. Osage also orders a bunch of GG original parts. Armorer's manuals can also be found online.
    yeah. i'm researching the conversion. icve checked out gray guns & midwest & even ebay. i also downloaded the armorer's manual donated by a guy on sigtalk. it doesn't have as much info as i thought it would but a much appreciated start.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    For whatever reason, Crimson Trace makes really good grips, even if don't use the laser, I really enjoy it more than most other grips. Sad but completely understand why they are so expensive.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I’m carrying the P226 in 9mm tonight. I really do love this pistol.
    It's a great carry, I'm assuming as I usually try carrying my P228. That stays at home because of value, especially sentimental, so I use a G19 as my vehicle gun. If something happens to that one it's a Glock so my feelings wouldn't be as hurt.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    It's a great carry, I'm assuming as I usually try carrying my P228. That stays at home because of value, especially sentimental, so I use a G19 as my vehicle gun. If something happens to that one it's a Glock so my feelings wouldn't be as hurt.
    i feel you. i would love to make may p220 my edc. when i had my p226 .40 s&w, i carried it every day. i'd love to get me a couple of police trade in p226's in whaterver calibre i could find.

my edc now is my taurus g2c .40 s&w or g2c 9mm.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Now that the thermometer is up, I find myself carrying a basic P365. Just so easy to conceal.
    If I'm out for a quick trip, I'll grab that too. If I'm going to be out a bit, or going through less than ideal areas, I'll grab my P228. I feel more confident in my ability with that.

Top Bottom