Indiana

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Wonder how much support they will keep giving to past customers?
    Looks like Nissan may end up owning a big chunk of it after it files bankruptcy.
    giphy (3).gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Those "less tech-savvy buyers" only know that the range of EVs is limited. They know that their trusted mechanic probably doesn't know a lot about how to service EVs. And they aren't blind. They know that charging stations are few and far between.”

Oh yes, those rubes that are not enlightened like the early adopters and elites.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Those "less tech-savvy buyers" only know that the range of EVs is limited. They know that their trusted mechanic probably doesn't know a lot about how to service EVs. And they aren't blind. They know that charging stations are few and far between.”

Oh yes, those rubes that are not enlightened like the early adopters and elites.

Probably sometime late this year it will be time for another oil/gas supply emergency.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Car manufacturers will be out of business and unions hanging around congress begging for "retraining" programs as the American auto industry is shipped to china via mexico.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The Chinese electric Trabant will finish the US car industry, with Davosian leadership in dc pushing hard all the way.

Like the beer "salesman" in the Untouchables said, "it's not supposed to be good, it's supposed to be bought".

178b4727-9b87-461f-81d5-b368ad00b77e_screenshot.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It is a long article, but in short it breaks down Kwh of energy per mile(explains how it did it as well) and ice engines are more than 30% more efficient than an electric car(using nuclear and natural gas to get the electricity). If wind and solar is used in the calculation then it is over 60% more efficient.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Interested in how the direction of this conversation goes... I find it difficult to discuss electric cars with some folks

I really, really want a Tesla. I think they are neat and the future. I don't care about the environment, I don't care about saving money.

Whenever I mention those 3 things up front, some immediately want to steer the conversation towards how they "don't help the environment as much as claimed" or "it costs more than they say" in a passionate attempt to dissuade me from wanting one.

Bring on the Cybertruck!

1711469650680.jpeg
    1711469808703.jpeg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wonder what the cost of that one was back then...
    This says the 1914 model was $3730 when the model T was as low as $265. Interesting that “for an additional US$600, an Edison nickel-iron battery was available“.

“Clara Ford, wife of Henry Ford, drove this Detroit Electric. In the years before World War I many women chose electric cars because they started instantly without hand cranking and had no difficult-to-shift transmission.”

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    This says the 1914 model was $3730 when the model T was as low as $265. Interesting that “for an additional US$600, an Edison nickel-iron battery was available“.

“Clara Ford, wife of Henry Ford, drove this Detroit Electric. In the years before World War I many women chose electric cars because they started instantly without hand cranking and had no difficult-to-shift transmission.”

Thanks for that, I hadn't had time to do much searching. I did a snip of the ad because I remember seeing in this thread that electric cars were around way back then(not a new-fangled invention).
    So, according to in2013dollars.com, $3730 would be worth $121,843 in 2024, with the nickel iron battery at $19,599. And a T would be $8,656. Boggles my mind. I went down the rabbit hole looking at those old Saturday Evening Post's.

Top Bottom