• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was told on INGO that no one was going to force anyone to buy an electric vehicle, waiting for the apologies.

“Ford will need to build two fully electric F150s for every gas-powered F150. By 2032, the company will need to build four electric F150s for every gas-powered F150.”​

“The Environmental Protection Agency somewhat eased CO2 emissions requirements through 2030 from its proposal last spring while maintaining essentially the same end-point for 2032. That means gas-powered cars can make up no more than 30% of auto sales by 2032. Make no mistake: This is a coerced phase-out of gas-powered cars.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

What is it with this **** sucker?
    “ fundamental transformation” of the most successful and powerful country on the planet to third world status
    Once one realizes the destruction of this country is their goal it all makes sense…

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    In WVA vs EPA the conclusion stated:
    "Congress did not grant the Environmental Protection Agency in Section 111(d) of the Clean Air Act the authority to devise emissions caps based on the generation shifting approach the Agency took in the Clean Power Plan."​
    Under the “major questions doctrine,” there are “extraordinary cases” in which the “history and the breadth of the authority that [the agency] has asserted,” and the “economic and political significance” of that assertion, provide a “reason to hesitate before concluding that Congress” meant to confer such authority. This is one such case, so the EPA must point to “clear congressional authorization” for the authority it claims. It cannot do so.​

Surely this action by the EPA could should be struck down by the same reasoning. This cannot stand (or we are screwed).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In WVA vs EPA the conclusion stated:

Surely this action by the EPA could should be struck down by the same reasoning. This cannot stand (or we are screwed).
    Even if it is overturned, it inflicts damage to the people. Just the announcement has market effects. They can lose every time and there is no cost to anyone. The people lose once and it is permanent. Also the people must use their resources to combat those using their tax dollars to control them…

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Younger folks should wait until fusion power comes online. Then EVs might make more sense if electric rates drop to a penny per kWh or even free. Or, better yet, use that power to usher in a hydrogen transportation system where fillups return to gas stations and EV batteries become obsolete. Got a lot of easily obtainable hydrogen in the oceans if it costs little or nothing to disassociate it.

Not anywhere near well informed about the hydrogen topic as a fuel source. Bit, two things. First, hydrogen is VERY volatile. (Think Hindenburg blimp). Secondly, unless I'm mistaken it takes a LOT of electricity to convert hydrogen into a useable fuel.

Lastly, what makes you think the price of electricity will come down ? Even if liquid natural gas or coal was free there are still costs associated with the infrastructure necessary to generate and distribute electricity.

I can practically guarantee one thing - if the government is involved it will be regulated more, cost more, and be less efficient. All the while the entitled politicians will travel by whatever means they wish. When I see Biden on an electric powered Air Force One I'll change my mind. Finders crossed to see that happen.

Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom