• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Geesh, glad I got a cheapo Para Ordinance 1911. I definitely plan on carrying it. If you got it flaunt it right? :D But I was planning on OWB anyways, so no sweat really (no pun). I just can't decide if the SERPA holster looks good enough, or if I should get a nice leather pancake holster, or some other type.

I'd definitely like to hear what holsters look best with a 1911, and see some pics to prove it!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Geesh, glad I got a cheapo Para Ordinance 1911. I definitely plan on carrying it. If you got it flaunt it right? :D But I was planning on OWB anyways, so no sweat really (no pun). I just can't decide if the SERPA holster looks good enough, or if I should get a nice leather pancake holster, or some other type.

I'd definitely like to hear what holsters look best with a 1911, and see some pics to prove it!!!
    I carry mine in a black leather holster OWB, but it also has a belt clip so that it can be worn IWB. And if my "W" gets a little smaller, I'll probably go back to carrying it "I" when I want a little more concealment. :): I know that lots of people like the Kydex holsters, but I prefer leather. It always feels like I'm scratching the gun when I put it in Kydex, plus I think that leather is more comfortable if it's going to be coming in contact with skin.

I don't have a pic of my 1911 holster, but this one was made by the same guy (from another gun forum) for my M&P 45 and it's got the same IWB/OWB option...

IMG_1547700x525.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    When I get a blued colt (for the purpose of an heirloom gun) I won't carry it. any other I won't worry about nicks, scratches, and wear marks, character is a sign of a happy gun.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ive never owned any 1911 that I wouldnt daily carry. Dont care how much it cost. Dont care if i scratch it or put holster wear on the gun. I didnt buy the gun for it to be a safe queen. Its a tool. Tools are meant to be used.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ive never owned any 1911 that I wouldnt daily carry. Dont care how much it cost. Dont care if i scratch it or put holster wear on the gun. I didnt buy the gun for it to be a safe queen. Its a tool. Tools are meant to be used.

I've bought a couple to be "babied" for sure. I do put on nice clothes occasionally and like to "look the part". Fancy leather and deep blue finish. Nice wood grips set off the nice "out on the town" look.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I rarely dress nice.lol But I do have nice leather holsters for my 1911's. I've got nice wood grips and VZ grips for all my 1911's. None of my 1911's are blued though. I prefer stainless or cerakoted finish.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    If the tolerances are tight though, won't the cerakote make the action even tighter? I've never understood how that will affect reliability. Do they sand it down first?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have dress shoes and I have work shoes. It's the same with guns. There are some that I love to carry, but with the money I've put into grips and holsters, I won't carry while working under a car. I don't mind the patina of use on any of them, but concrete rash can be avoided. In my mind, God guided JMB in creating the perfect pistol. Then when too many got screwed up by some jamook crawling around concrete, he guided GG in creating a gun so ugly, it's improved by crawling around on concrete with it. Sure, if I only had one gun, it would be a beat up 1911 but with so many inexpensive poly guns, a beater gun is very affordable.

Top Bottom