• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    If the tolerances are tight though, won't the cerakote make the action even tighter? I've never understood how that will affect reliability. Do they sand it down first?

Tight tolerances are a bit of a pain. Personally I feel everything should be coated, rails and all....just a pet peeve but looks more professional to me.
    But it is a pain. I know before I spray if I am going to have an issue and I have ways of putting less mil thickness on rails that are tight and ways to make a loose gun fit better, at least for a while :)
    Tight guns are more work. does not effect reliability. By the time I send the gun home it is lapped in and works smooth some rail metal will be showing. Cerokate can go on at .0005 thickness and cover.
    Only thing I suggest in this case is to clean the gun every range trip for 2 trips just to get paint lappings that happen for a few rounds.

That is the one nice thing about doing Glocks. Dont have to worry about tight tolerances :)

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Tight tolerances are a bit of a pain. Personally I feel everything should be coated, rails and all....just a pet peeve but looks more professional to me.
    But it is a pain. I know before I spray if I am going to have an issue and I have ways of putting less mil thickness on rails that are tight and ways to make a loose gun fit better, at least for a while :)
    Tight guns are more work. does not effect reliability. By the time I send the gun home it is lapped in and works smooth some rail metal will be showing. Cerokate can go on at .0005 thickness and cover.
    Only thing I suggest in this case is to clean the gun every range trip for 2 trips just to get paint lappings that happen for a few rounds.

That is the one nice thing about doing Glocks. Dont have to worry about tight tolerances :)
    hum my hi power won't clank and rattle? its like a new gun!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    My wife bought me a stainless Sig 1911 for our 10th anniversary. I was considering making it a safe queen and doing a fancy trigger job and such until she scolded me and told me it is supposed to be used and carried. I guess being stainless helps keep it looking nice, but I still feel bad letting it get worn.

So despite acquiring guns with the intentions of keeping them pretty and new, not one has remained that way. All of mine get used.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have only one "barbecue gun", which, guess what, is a 1911, but I would get it out and turn someone's head inside out if necessary. I still EDC my old Para P12, so I got another one of those. Ooh, and no idiot marks!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    If I owned a gun with an idiot scratch I would post it but alas.....

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    So what is an idiot mark?

https://www.google.com/search?q=idi...:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

The cure:
    SLIDESTOP.jpg

:ingo:

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    wouldn't it be more of an "oh sh@#" scratch, maybe I'm an idiot cause I don't get it:dunno:, and after watching the link, they even sell a "tool" to prevent it. I have always just pushed mine in.

500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    Yes I have about three guns in my safe just sitting there because they are to nice to carry, to afraid to get them beat up and have sweat dripping all over them. I always just carry my model 60 in an ankle holster, I dont worry about that one to much.

Top Bottom