• Status
    Not open for further replies.

garni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2018
    New Albany
    I made mine out of a orange frisbee, all-thread, and 3/4" chicken wire. I cut out a hole in the mesh and use a used fruit cup or ice cream cup for the food. I found they like grape jelly the best but they like orange halves too but the cost of of oranges are a little pricey for a steady diet of them. I put one out a week though and it's picked clean in a day. Have to refill the jelly too daily as they really like it.
    Here's a pic of the cheaper one I made for the neighbor. Ran out off all-thread and hardware but it works just fine.

View attachment 198266

And yes I know, I need to mow.. still too wet though.
    A closer picture where we can see details of construction would be handy.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    A closer picture where we can see details of construction would be handy.
    20220504_150942.jpg
    20220504_151012.jpg
    20220504_151657.jpg
    This one is now 3 or so years old and has made it through some heavy stormage without too much wear. Made it for my neighbor. He wont be back for a while so im borrowing it because my frisbee didnt make it through the winter. I used 12ga solid wire and crimp on ring terminals because I was out of 1/4" all-thread at the time. My new frisbee is supposed to be delivered Friday so I'll post some pics of the new one when it's finished.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Howdy all. Was kind of a long day at work but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for this software release. Should finish up early next week.

My sister came over and brought me a large check (the rest of my share of Mom's estate after they did her taxes). That was a nice surprise when she texted me about it yesterday!

She hadn't been over here for a long time and wanted to see the yard, so she got the tour and was very impressed. She told me that Dad would have been very happy with what we've done with it. I told her that I thought he would probably think we were nuts, but she said, "Maybe, but he would have enjoyed it." :)

Gotta make sure Susan is up at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow so I can get her to the airport by 6:15 for her flight to California to see the grandsons. That will be a struggle (for her). She considers that the middle of the night. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom