• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    If you did not se that type of threat you need to improve your SA!

Or was it the well groomed fellow into three piece suit that got you.
    No it's the unsuspecting guy in line behind me at the gas station who sees my open-carry firearm and shoots me before robbing the cash register. Advertising that you are a threat to bad guys means it makes the most sense for them to kill you first. I like to think I have good situational awareness, but I can't see into the future.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would really love some stats on that because I think it's urban legend bull :poop:
    Don't you read the news? It happens all the time!
    Costume Party Laugh GIF by Halloween Party (GIF Image)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No it's the unsuspecting guy in line behind me at the gas station who sees my open-carry firearm and shoots me before robbing the cash register. Advertising that you are a threat to bad guys means it makes the most sense for them to kill you first. I like to think I have good situational awareness, but I can't see into the future.
    How to show you didn't read the thread you are posting in.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    [Citation Needed]

Sorry; statistics simply don't bear this assertion out to be true. Criminals don't think or act the way that non-criminals do. In your scenario, the would-be thief, statistically, gets tunnel vision and doesn't see anything except his mark (i.e. the cash register/cashier).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    [Citation Needed]

Sorry; statistics simply don't bear this assertion out to be true. Criminals don't think or act the way that non-criminals do. In your scenario, the would-be thief, statistically, gets tunnel vision and doesn't see anything except his mark (i.e. the cash register/cashier).

Yep, I've always hated when people pull that statement out. There are actual pros and cons for open carry vs concealed carry. You'll be shot first isn't really a thing.

Top Bottom