• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Having recently moved to the East Mountains of New Mexico, and not yet getting my Concealed Handgun License, I have been only open carrying.

I’m 20 comments to the good and no negative comments. Went into 5 furniture stores in Albuquerque without comment. Got a few at Home Depot.

Open carried for 12 years in Wisconsin fairly uneventful. As it’s about $450.00 out here to get you CHL and you have to do a 2 year refresher and start all over again in 4 years I’m seriously considering just open carrying and be done with it.

Since I don’t drink it’s not a huge deal, but NM is a no go on open carry where alcohol is served. Concealed Loaded carry without a CHL is only a misdemeanor, and concealed unloaded is legal without a CHL.

To be honest, all this seems pretty asinine to me. I don’t see them going to Constitutional Carry any time soon.

I’ll probably get my CHL before winter, but I will continue to open carry in nice weather as I have been.

I grew up in Indiana, why I’m here. Carry a P226 SAO, which is not impossible to conceal, but far from a mouse gun.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If I were just to open carry, I would definitely a full sized pistol, as that is what I shoot the best.
    This is one of the two reasons I OC.
    The other is it is the most comfortable.

Other perifferial reasons would be those mentioned in the article in the Original Post and the compliments I get.

A big one originally was to normalize the sight of a well dressed citizen unabashadly exercising his G-d given right of self protection.This led to several encounters where I had to educate Law Enforcement Officers and other citizens about Indiana Code. The result is that I have not had a negative encounter in years. The word got around among NWI agencies that the mere presence of a firearm was no reason to lose your mind.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Having recently moved to the East Mountains of New Mexico, and not yet getting my Concealed Handgun License, I have been only open carrying.

I’m 20 comments to the good and no negative comments. Went into 5 furniture stores in Albuquerque without comment. Got a few at Home Depot.

Open carried for 12 years in Wisconsin fairly uneventful. As it’s about $450.00 out here to get you CHL and you have to do a 2 year refresher and start all over again in 4 years I’m seriously considering just open carrying and be done with it.

Since I don’t drink it’s not a huge deal, but NM is a no go on open carry where alcohol is served. Concealed Loaded carry without a CHL is only a misdemeanor, and concealed unloaded is legal without a CHL.

To be honest, all this seems pretty asinine to me. I don’t see them going to Constitutional Carry any time soon.

I’ll probably get my CHL before winter, but I will continue to open carry in nice weather as I have been.

I grew up in Indiana, why I’m here. Carry a P226 SAO, which is not impossible to conceal, but far from a mouse gun.
    450 dollars? That's crazy!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Kinda relevant, and after searching this seemed to be the closest thread.

I typically sloppy CC. I print but nobody notices.

Went to Meijer with my G19 in my IWB at the 3 oclock. I forgot to untuck my shirt so I was OCing accidentally. But being so close to the body and the whole gun isnt exposed most people dont notice and assume its a cell phone in a holster on my belt due to the visible rectangular shape thats about the size of an Otterbox. Anyway...

Im wearing my shirt from the TV show "The Chosen". Its has this on the front, and on the back it has "The Chosen". (see the link in my sig if you arent familiar with it)

My wife noticed the family behind us in line was chattering a LOT in hushed tones and staring at me. I think they were trying to figure out what militia/far right group I was a member of, not being familiar with the show, and assuming I was saying *I* was one of The Chosen, special, etc. LOL

the-chosen-trouble-classic-mens-t-shirt.png

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Just a funny story. We were eating in Bob Evans and I was open carrying which is something I normally do not do but from time to time I will. Older snooty type couple were leaving when the wife stops and says...sir do you realize your gun is cooked. I said.. Why yes I hope so. (1911) She informed me that looks very unsafe and stupid. Told her thanks for the advice. I will take that under consideration. Eye roll and she went on.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Just a funny story. We were eating in Bob Evans and I was open carrying which is something I normally do not do but from time to time I will. Older snooty type couple were leaving when the wife stops and says...sir do you realize your gun is cooked. I said.. Why yes I hope so. (1911) She informed me that looks very unsafe and stupid. Told her thanks for the advice. I will take that under consideration. Eye roll and she went on.
    Gun is cocked. Dam spell check

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    OC sends a message, here in PA we have it and some are fans. Personally and as an instructor I am not. It does't help that the vast majority of the time I see someone open carry it with a ****** gun show one size fits all holster, usually the one with the mag pouch on the gun, and a flimsy church belt.

As we have demonstrated time and time again is training, a good punch to the face brings your hands up to your face not down to the gun.

To me it is just tactical peacocking.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OC sends a message, here in PA we have it and some are fans. Personally and as an instructor I am not. It does't help that the vast majority of the time I see someone open carry it with a ****** gun show one size fits all holster, usually the one with the mag pouch on the gun, and a flimsy church belt.

As we have demonstrated time and time again is training, a good punch to the face brings your hands up to your face not down to the gun.

And offering yourself up to someone who wants to use their gun to take yours. INGO's own LEOs have multiple stories of "Hey. Nice gun in your holster. I like it. Mine is in my hand pointed at you already, so I'll be taking yours. Oh, and your iphone and wallet while we are at it."

Yes, it can be used as a warning to discourage those not so motivated criminals to move on and leave you alone. But it can also go the other way.

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth

What you just admitted to it, you didn't read the first post.

Top Bottom