Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I've taken his law class.. twice.
    Laws change, and I forget things.
    I highly recommend his law class.
    Even though Indiana now, rightfully, has a "stand your ground/castle doctrine law, I would still, if the situation allowed, try the best I could to escape a situation. It would have to be the absolute worst thing in the world to take a human life. But it would still be beneficial to fully understand the laws dealing with use of lethal force.

corywj

Supporter of the first and second amendments
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I know we've been around this block a few times here but I ran across a link to this post and thought that it was one of the best written pieces I had read on the subject.

The author expounds on many of the points that have been debated in several different threads here and across many other forums for years.

Since this post captures so much and adds a bit that I don't recall even seeing here before, I will give it its own thread instead of burying it on page 10 of one of the existing threads.

Long but very interesting read IMO.

(source link) The Open Carry Argument

:popcorn:

ETA: If you didn't already, go back and click the BLUE link. It is well worth the additional reading.
    Very good article, thanks ...

corywj

Supporter of the first and second amendments
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Concealed here. However I will open carry from time to time.

It is a personal choice and nothing wrong with either.

I hate it when people try to push one or the other as being superior or run people down for choosing to open carry.
    As I read through this thread, starting to think it may be a personal, and situational decision, with benefits for both in any given situation.

SpaceManNR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2021
    Indiana
    I prefer concealed, but sometimes it isn’t an option. When I was in training, even though there for months, it was temporary duty. I couldn’t get a carry permit and they wouldn’t recognize mine. Open carry was available without a permit.

Seems kind of dumb for a state to tell law-abiding citizens: you can all open carry, but only half of you can carry concealed because you’re residents of the ‘wrong’ states

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I prefer concealed, but sometimes it isn’t an option. When I was in training, even though there for months, it was temporary duty. I couldn’t get a carry permit and they wouldn’t recognize mine. Open carry was available without a permit.

Seems kind of dumb for a state to tell law-abiding citizens: you can all open carry, but only half of you can carry concealed because you’re residents of the ‘wrong’ states

Because before, EVERYONE could open carry.
    Concealed carry was judged to be for the criminal element.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    In times past when I lived up in DeKalb County, I mostly open carried & I've open carried all over Ft. Wayne. Now that I live here, I don't want it known I have a gun so my apartment will be less likely to be burglarized so I conceal carry here now.

Tvela

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2021
    Danville
    I know we've been around this block a few times here but I ran across a link to this post and thought that it was one of the best written pieces I had read on the subject.

The author expounds on many of the points that have been debated in several different threads here and across many other forums for years.

Since this post captures so much and adds a bit that I don't recall even seeing here before, I will give it its own thread instead of burying it on page 10 of one of the existing threads.

Long but very interesting read IMO.

(source link) The Open Carry Argument

:popcorn:

ETA: If you didn't already, go back and click the BLUE link. It is well worth the additional reading.
    I don’t understand why you would want to show what you have. Makes you an easy target.

Top Bottom