• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well we took the Gal out to The Suds Saturday evening, first road miles on the car in over 1 1/2 to 2 years. We made it there and back successfully. Gas gauge showed full when we filled the tank so I got that problem fixed as well. It's pulling to the right VERY noticeably when you release the steering wheel and EVERYTHING in the front suspension and brakes are new so back to . . . I started to say the local alignment shop but since they did this alignment job less than 100 miles ago I'm going to try to find someone else to do it. Got the old school Sun Super Tach II working just now, of course all of the wiring is hanging under the dash helter skelter until I get EVERYTHING working then I'll work on making it pretty. For now loose tie wraps are my friend! :thumbsup:

I'm also working on all the little idiosyncracies of installing factory bucket seats in a factory bench seat car. It's amazing that they didn't duplicate the mounts under the floor pan so you could go either way but NO-o-o-o-o, one of Ford's better ideas was to have different floor pan configurations dependent on seating. Not a big deal, I just have to fabricate one adapter and two spacers to do it the same way Ford did it.

Once the buckets have been dummied in then the seat frames, tracks, adapters, and a few other odds and ends head to the powder coater.:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well we took the Gal out to The Suds Saturday evening, first road miles on the car in over 1 1/2 to 2 years. We made it there and back successfully. Gas gauge showed full when we filled the tank so I got that problem fixed as well. It's pulling to the right VERY noticeably when you release the steering wheel and EVERYTHING in the front suspension and brakes are new so back to . . . I started to say the local alignment shop but since they did this alignment job less than 100 miles ago I'm going to try to find someone else to do it. Got the old school Sun Super Tach II working just now, of course all of the wiring is hanging under the dash helter skelter until I get EVERYTHING working then I'll work on making it pretty. For now loose tie wraps are my friend! :thumbsup:

I'm also working on all the little idiosyncracies of installing factory bucket seats in a factory bench seat car. It's amazing that they didn't duplicate the mounts under the floor pan so you could go either way but NO-o-o-o-o, one of Ford's better ideas was to have different floor pan configurations dependent on seating. Not a big deal, I just have to fabricate one adapter and two spacers to do it the same way Ford did it.

Once the buckets have been dummied in then the seat frames, tracks, adapters, and a few other odds and ends head to the powder coater.:rockwoot:
    Who did the alignment.
    I have a guy

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Well, at least now I know the approximate battery replacement cost is about $15k. Acceptable.

Randomly setting itself on fire? Far less acceptable...

Wish I had some dry powder to put into LG's battery division. It ain't gonna stay down there forever. LG is supposed to be "the good stuff".

Oops... LG battery stock is down a heap today, but that was the wrong company I inserted (there used to be a picture here :) ). I'm not great with the Korean stock markets.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I just found out that WD was from Indiana and just moved to KY.

I still will never watch any of his stuff. Can't stand him.

I believe he's from Argos and just moved down to TN, outside of Nashville. Originally, I really couldn't stand the guy either and then I heard a little bit of what he was actually saying enough to at least understand his side of it. He's been making less provocative videos in general lately. My tipping point was the Amish wagon wheels on the Hellcat and driving it around either Plymouth or Warsaw... in complete Amish garb. I'm sorry, but that was funny. Driving Monster Max I in the ocean was also pretty impressive.

Anyhow... You may not care for his content, but that is an insane truck. Each axle is 8,000lbs, twin Duramax power plants, completely insane suspension, largest ag tires ever produced, etc.

I thought this video might be a small crowd pleaser because this is where Cleetus' mud truck went and it's in the video. It's legitimately half the size of Monster Max II.

He may be the biggest tool on the planet for all I know, but the fab work on that truck is pretty incredible. Everything is like a mining truck or larger. He plans to set out to break it, and I'm sure he'll find a way, but I shudder to think what its going to be. Should be entertaining to watch.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So much to take in.
    the why do this and reality involved is nuts but man look at the work

Yep, that thing is bonkers. Like I said, the one before it was actually driving around in the Gulf of Mexico, literally.

People may not like the guy, and that's OK, but where else would you ever see something like that?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no issues with the guy. Try growing up around a pack of serious “A” males over achiever racers. Great folks mostly but Ego”
    ‘a beyond measure.
    the Artistic craters among them are another level entirely. This one would fit in and be put in his niche.

Top Bottom