• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Hey all. I am still a live. Life has been complicated with health issues and taking care of a family member and more. I have not had a lot of time for my hobby's. i have been playing with cad a lot. Live is kinda getting back to normal. I will try to get more active, It is awesome to see you guys still keeping the thread active!
    Great to here from you!

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    MRRF 2021 is taking place as I type this. Have yet to find the motivation for the short drive to Goshen mostly because I've watched a bit of live stream today and have heard very little discussion of new innovation with regard to technology. Kinda ironic they've finally transitioned to a large unairconditioned building in a year when the old building would have been more suitable for the smaller turnout and weather this time of year.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    MRRF 2021 is taking place as I type this. Have yet to find the motivation for the short drive to Goshen mostly because I've watched a bit of live stream today and have heard very little discussion of new innovation with regard to technology. Kinda ironic they've finally transitioned to a large unairconditioned building in a year when the old building would have been more suitable for the smaller turnout and weather this time of year.
    Jim Carter has been at the shop since Wednesday preparing for this lol. Pretty impressive adhesive in my opinion.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Agree on the inverted ARTIMUS. I did end up watching this live stream that toured the building and almost caused me to retract the lack of innovation statement.

Last edited:

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Well it's been quite a while since I had posted. I don't print as much as I used to, mostly just out of necessity to supply my drone habit. I usually print with mostly TPU now-a-days. Hope all is well and it's nice to see your still around 1911LY.

LemonLime1.jpg

Drone Bender.jpg

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I put our new filament runout sensor to the test printing this cupholder for my ranger.
    A4BCCC9A-E28E-4EEB-AC92-87C9EECE67F4.jpeg I had about 6 almost empty rolls of black and finished it off with white. It works just like the bossman said it would.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I misplaced part of my finger last summer so I printed this partial finger prosthetic a couple months back. Knuckle bits (black) are PLA printed on an Ender 3 Pro and the orange parts are TPU printed on a Flashforge Guider 2. Also includes some elastic cord, heavy fishing line, set screws, steel pins for the hinge, and electrical tape to secure it better to the finger, but I use Coban for that now. I also have another fingertip piece I dipped in Flex Seal for added grippiness.

20210919_070758_1.gif

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I misplaced part of my finger last summer so I printed this partial finger prosthetic a couple months back. Knuckle bits (black) are PLA printed on an Ender 3 Pro and the orange parts are TPU printed on a Flashforge Guider 2. Also includes some elastic cord, heavy fishing line, set screws, steel pins for the hinge, and electrical tape to secure it better to the finger, but I use Coban for that now. I also have another fingertip piece I dipped in Flex Seal for added grippiness.
    That's actually pretty ingenious. If you reach the point of improving upon it you might have a look at the setup Jamie Perkins uses on Youtube.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's not my design. The last time I did any complicated CAD work was in high school. I could do simple things like brackets, cupholders, maybe some bolts and screws but nothing this detailed.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Anyone running a Voron yet? Or running Klipper? My prusa's are still working well, so i haven't really felt the urge to work on a building a new printer. But damn, they are nice.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I still suck at 3d design but I picked up a box of parts for most of a pegasus 12, another small printer, and some upgrade parts for super cheap as well as the qidi that was in the classifieds here. The qidi inspired me to get back to the parts box and do something with it. Because it's a box of parts and extras not a build kit it won't be an actual pegasus... I'm printing off trolleys and brackets and such to make a dual extruder with XY movement and the plate just moves on the Z. I'll get some pics eventually.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Still sad to report my 3d printer is still down. Won't finished a print. Does the bed and starts the print then just stops.

Cleaned everything, rebuilt hotend, reformatted card, re sliced model, tried diff models, tried diff cards, I'm out of ideas.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Still sad to report my 3d printer is still down. Won't finished a print. Does the bed and starts the print then just stops.

Cleaned everything, rebuilt hotend, reformatted card, re sliced model, tried diff models, tried diff cards, I'm out of ideas.
    Hot end whip id bet.
    View attachment 165949 Looking for greater print volume because gluing my son’s Halloween costume together was a PITA. :p
    I have your cure. Prints 500mm diameter X 2 meters print volume. We make shorter models too lol.
    23BC4B52-CCC7-4DDE-9152-35CFCA93F307.jpeg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

What model?

My ender5 plus was pissing me off but it was a roll of filament that was finicky. Is there a verbose gcode mode or something you can use to see what it's doing?

Top Bottom