The nothing to do with politics, feel good, wholesome fun, distraction from insanity thread

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Had a rough, 11 hour day at the office the other day. Came home just wanting to chill. The wife and daughter, who is visiting with the grandbaby for a couple week has other plans for me, rearrange the living room furniture. Normally not a big deal, but this move required running a new cable wire for the TV. Not fun in an old house.

When I got done, I was in a pretty foul mood. This was further enhanced by getting to eat a cold slice of leftover pizza for dinner. And then the grandbaby, who is normally almost perfect, totally lost his s**t.

He's getting his first two teeth, it was almost his bedtime, and he's getting used to his newest fashion accessory, a $1900 corrective helmet he has to wear 23 hours a day to round out his barely out of round little head. Seems like a scam to me, but whatever.:rolleyes:

He didn't want to crawl around, didn't want to use his walker, didn't want to be held, didn't want any of his dozens of toys, just wanted to SCREAM at the top of his precious little lungs. My daughter was at a loss for what to do with him so she threw him at the wife who was trying to get some work done in her makeshift dining room office.

Now my wife is a certified baby whisperer. She has a superhuman ability to calm even the fussiest baby, but even she was batting .000. At this point, one of the daughter's dogs, the one who has kinda claimed the baby as his own, started barking at the wife. Apparently he was dissatisfied with her handling of the situation. She kinda fake threw the baby at the dog, like, you take him. This elicited a brief pause in the screaming. She repeated this and got a little giggle out of the kid. So then she went all in...

Amazing how a belly laugh from that little guy can flip my mood 180 degrees in a few seconds. I might kinda like this kid.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sometimes I just want to visit a website that's pure distraction or wholesome fun, to take my mind off the craziness of the world. I've been having a hard time finding sites that haven't been infected by some type of political slant. Even websites like BoredPanda.com seem to have become politically biased.

So I figured I'd start a thread to post fun, feel-good stuff for people to scroll through to shut out the insanity for a while.

I don't know why, but lately I've been enjoying videos of dance routines in old movies and TV shows set and synced to more modern music. This is one of the best examples I've seen so far. The timing on this is amazing.

Enjoy.

I haven't learned how to give reps yet on this new site, but you deserve them. That was really cool! Takes me back to a time when life was simpler.

On another note, watching some of those moves showed me that Parkour was around even back then!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Had a rough, 11 hour day at the office the other day. Came home just wanting to chill. The wife and daughter, who is visiting with the grandbaby for a couple week has other plans for me, rearrange the living room furniture. Normally not a big deal, but this move required running a new cable wire for the TV. Not fun in an old house.

When I got done, I was in a pretty foul mood. This was further enhanced by getting to eat a cold slice of leftover pizza for dinner. And then the grandbaby, who is normally almost perfect, totally lost his s**t.

He's getting his first two teeth, it was almost his bedtime, and he's getting used to his newest fashion accessory, a $1900 corrective helmet he has to wear 23 hours a day to round out his barely out of round little head. Seems like a scam to me, but whatever.:rolleyes:

He didn't want to crawl around, didn't want to use his walker, didn't want to be held, didn't want any of his dozens of toys, just wanted to SCREAM at the top of his precious little lungs. My daughter was at a loss for what to do with him so she threw him at the wife who was trying to get some work done in her makeshift dining room office.

Now my wife is a certified baby whisperer. She has a superhuman ability to calm even the fussiest baby, but even she was batting .000. At this point, one of the daughter's dogs, the one who has kinda claimed the baby as his own, started barking at the wife. Apparently he was dissatisfied with her handling of the situation. She kinda fake threw the baby at the dog, like, you take him. This elicited a brief pause in the screaming. She repeated this and got a little giggle out of the kid. So then she went all in...

Amazing how a belly laugh from that little guy can flip my mood 180 degrees in a few seconds. I might kinda like this kid.

LOL. This use to happen at my house all the time.
    Crappy day at work, tired, wore out, just want to relax. Come home to my Grandson, who's been a terror all day to everybody. He comes running up yelling his name for me and gives me the biggest hug. Even the dog, who has been hiding gives me the WTF look!
    Usually I would either take him for a car ride or just sit in the car with him and he'd be out in 5 minutes. He'll be here when I get off of work tonight and I'm sure we'll have a great time before I return to Hell tomorrow. He's going on 5 now.

Bob

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

I feel your pain. My 4y/o would not have a pacifier. Ever. Would often piercingly scream it out. Drove my wife to tears more than once.
    I would get her to chill by singing Deep Purple's 'Child In Time' in her ear.

Ironically, the Dr.'s first comment after removing her was "wow, that kid has a set of lungs". She is also my singer. Who knew.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My goto for when I want to forget about politics is tractor videos on YouTube. But even that can get political. Like the orange vs green never-ending debate.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    May Bell is hibernating in her fortress of solitude

so my distraction today is cooking. Scratch made raspberry vinaigrette and olive oil salad dressing (herbs and feta smooshed up in it to give body), lasagna and on the side French bread slices in the toaster oven covered with fried garlic, parmesan and mozzarella.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Sometimes I just want to visit a website that's pure distraction or wholesome fun, to take my mind off the craziness of the world. I've been having a hard time finding sites that haven't been infected by some type of political slant. Even websites like BoredPanda.com seem to have become politically biased.

So I figured I'd start a thread to post fun, feel-good stuff for people to scroll through to shut out the insanity for a while.

I don't know why, but lately I've been enjoying videos of dance routines in old movies and TV shows set and synced to more modern music. This is one of the best examples I've seen so far. The timing on this is amazing.

Enjoy.

Funny how this particular video showed up in my YT suggested viewing feed just the other day...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Funny. Interesting how he did the Disturbed cover vs. Paul Simon.

And on another note, I own the same coffee maker he was carrying in the field. :):

Top Bottom