• ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

View attachment 242952

I don't understand the need for the short dust on a G17, but it was part of a multi million dollar gov't contract so who knows what kind of shenanigans were involved.

If they don't make one available to everyone then this might become one of those sought after Glocks in 20 years.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't understand the need for the short dust on a G17, but it was part of a multi million dollar gov't contract so who knows what kind of shenanigans were involved.

If they don't make one available to everyone then this might become one of those sought after Glocks in 20 years.
    From the video, this will allow the 19 frame size to accept the 17 size slide. This creating the "ultimate carry gun" of a 19 frame with a 17 slide that the hordes have been asking for.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    It appears the actual G47 will be no different physically than a G17. G**** has done little in the last couple of years aside from shooting themselves in the foot.
    Answer to a question that no one asked other than some Gubmint agency with a lot of tax $$$$$$ to throw at something.
    No surprise that PSA is starting to eat G***** lunch.

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    So this holds 17rds has the same length and features of a Glock 17. Why not buy a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS?
    Earlier comments aside For an Agency I maybe get the 47 (sort of) they can swap a lot of items around same recoil spring for any 19’s for plain clothes etc

But like my last comment the only thing missing is a cool ten handle Spectre comp whatever like another well k own pew pew company does

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder how long before these start hitting the classifieds?

If I heard it right, the G47 comes standard as a MOS version? That's a good trend to see.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It appears the actual G47 will be no different physically than a G17. G**** has done little in the last couple of years aside from shooting themselves in the foot.
    Answer to a question that no one asked other than some Gubmint agency with a lot of tax $$$$$$ to throw at something.
    No surprise that PSA is starting to eat G***** lunch.
    Glock and PSA has different agendas and priorities. Glock is focused on the LEO/.GOV first then civilian side. PSA is focused on arming as many people as possible and putting everything they make into "common use". I appreciate what PSA has done for the 2A community. It seems the modifications for this new model was by request to secure a contract. Not that the populace asked for it.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Earlier comments aside For an Agency I maybe get the 47 (sort of) they can swap a lot of items around same recoil spring for any 19’s for plain clothes etc

But like my last comment the only thing missing is a cool ten handle Spectre comp whatever like another well k own pew pew company does
    You can't use a 19 recoil spring in this, it is a 17 length slide. You could probably swap a G45/19 slide assembly onto it.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Wonder how long before these start hitting the classifieds?

If I heard it right, the G47 comes standard as a MOS version? That's a good trend to see.

The MOS system is fairly substandard, IMO. I hope they offer a non-MOS so I can get it direct milled, if I decide to get one.

Reactions: Jin
    Top Bottom