• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    A concert is coming up the wife and I would like to attend. I see nothing on their website about weapons etc. Anyone familiar with the Palace have any idea if I can carry in the venue. I would feel much better carrying after dark in downtown Louisville.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve carried there a few times, but it’s been probably 4 years since the last time I was there. One show that I remember in particular was when Neil Young was there several years back, I think they even stated that nobody was allowed to carry, not even off duty police. I carried anyway, and wasn’t even checked going in.

I know they used to have a strict no gun policy, but can’t say about their current policy.

Edit to add: I wouldn’t go to any part of Louisville without a weapon. If you park directly across the street in the garage, you’ll minimize chances of run ins with mopes, but still…

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Haven't been in few years, last went for my wife's degree ceremony, pocket carried at that time. I live across the river from Louisville....I never go there unarmed. FWIW I recently went to a play at Ky Center for the arts, left my knife, and gun (I know, I know ) in the car because they said no weapons (my guns, and knives are tools, not weapons, though they can be) had to return to the car for my wife's glasses...my knife came with me..they only scan some entrances.....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I’ve carried there a few times, but it’s been probably 4 years since the last time I was there. One show that I remember in particular was when Neil Young was there several years back, I think they even stated that nobody was allowed to carry, not even off duty police. I carried anyway, and wasn’t even checked going in.

I know they used to have a strict no gun policy, but can’t say about their current policy.

Edit to add: I wouldn’t go to any part of Louisville without a weapon. If you park directly across the street in the garage, you’ll minimize chances of run ins with mopes, but still…

Downtown is just like the 80s again...but without the wig shops, King's records (sorry Roseanne!!!) and the army surplus store....

just sayin' lol... 1702139112713.png

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Downtown is just like the 80s again...but without the wig shops, King's records (sorry Roseanne!!!) and the army surplus store....

just sayin' lol... View attachment 317655
    I haven’t been over there since before the scamdemic, just no reason anymore. We’ve been driving to Frankfort or French Lick if we want to go to a concert or something.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I haven’t been over there since before the scamdemic, just no reason anymore. We’ve been driving to Frankfort or French Lick if we want to go to a concert or something.

Remember Tommy...George Rogers Clark founded Louisville, Kentucky and immediately moved to Clarksville...they literally had to chop off his leg and drag him back across the river to his sister's house at Locust Grove just before he died so Louisville could suck off our fame like they always do.....(keep in mind Clark county hospital wasn't even here yet so there wasn't the old, "he'd have died if we'd taken him to Clark county instead of Louisville" excuse lmao)

Colonel Sanders, Dr Kleinert and "papa" John Schnatter are all Hoosiers....but that don't keep Louisville from plastering their faces on the side of buildings with "Louisville's own" painted underneath!!!!!

(Clarksville River Rat Rant signing off...:))

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I will say, the last time I went to the palace was in 2019 when Vince Gill played there, and we were rewarded for our efforts with THE greatest guitar solo I’ve ever personally witnessed. There are some YouTube videos of vince playing Oklahoma borderline live, maybe even one from that show, I haven’t looked in a while. All I know is THAT night on THAT song, Vince was probably the greatest guitar player ever, the dude just flat tore it up! You could feel the awestruck vibe from the audience.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    There is a Tex-Mex singer songwriter, Nemed Tish Jinahosa, who played at KCA, she had a guitar player,?that sounded like 2 guys, 6 string, and 12 string…. Don’t know his name, yes Vince is awesome!!

Combat Engineer

One of the three percent.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2022
    Mauckport In.
    Be careful.I worked on Broadway,went to work one morning and the parking lot of the place I worked for was surrounded by police tape and cops.Someone got smoked in the alley behind the building thirty minutes before I arrived.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I would rather be shot in thigh with a .22 than go to Louisville.
    I used to love going to Bats games at slugger field, but haven’t been to one since the summer of love. With the “leadership” over there, guess who would be deemed the bad guy if I had to defend myself or my family. Nope, Louisville can be swept away by the river and it wouldn’t inconvenience me in the least.

Top Bottom