• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Leftists: Look at those right wing rubes! They can't even spell correctly!

Conservative media: "We ain't got no time fer dem spel chek thingamabobs". :rolleyes:

Note that I'm not a leftist. I simply think conservative media needs to be more careful in how they represent themselves. The left already thinks that conservatives all live in flyover country and that we all live in trailer parks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Seems like all the more reason for them to be more discerning in what they publish so they don't sound like illiterates. Spelling matters if you want to be taken seriously. Misspellings denote a lack of professionalism.
    A lot of conservative news comes from those not professionally trained. Journalism grads are typically indoctrinated leftists. I bet if I read the NYT everyday I would find plenty of misuses and misspellings.

They use the standards of the past to marginalize conservative news.

Reactions: Leo

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A lot of conservative news comes from those not professionally trained. Journalism grads are typically indoctrinated leftists. I bet if I read the NYT everyday I would find plenty of misuses and misspellings.

They use the standards of the past to marginalize conservative news.
    I wasn't professionally trained. But I did complete elementary school spelling and grammar.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you think anyone under 40 cars abutt theese sheet? LOL
    I had a boss several years ago that refused to use capitalization or punctuation in her emails. Loved the boss, but her emails made me cringe. Coming from a programming background where precision matters, I'm a stickler for such things. Leaving out a period can have disastrous results.

1657058333655.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

The farmers are not alone. Fishermen are now blocking ports. They have general public support as well.
    The Zerohedge article has quite a few links to different stories about the rift that has formed between the people and the government at this point.

Worst. Undercover. Operation. Ever. Getting out of a police van, wearing masks and yellow vests kind of blows your cover. :dunno:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "Looking to committee national suicide"?

See, this is why I get skeptical over some of the sites I see posted. Seems like a reputable site would have spell check or at least an editor to look at what they're publishing. One of the things they teach us with regards to OPSEC/INFOSEC at work is to look for misspellings of common words. Those are a red flag.
    Lack of editors,and even more likely is machine based translation or both combined.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Worst. Undercover. Operation. Ever. Getting out of a police van, wearing masks and yellow vests kind of blows your cover. :dunno:
    The undercover men and women(police) where wearing normal clothing,the ones getting them to the van where uniformed officers. Apparently that clip is just the ending of the event. They tried to get the crowd to light a fires and were promptly told no. Fights started,the whole event actually took around 20 minutes,before you see them pushed back in retreat to the van.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you buy any news? Indystar? WSJ? NYT? Many have tried to charge but the public will not pay for news, they have been trained over the past 25 years that the internet is “free”, so they expect news to be also.
    Fair enough. But I never demanded it. If you're going to give me a gift horse, well... But that doesn't affect my right to discern the ways that they deliver the news. That includes their "tone", their obvious biases (which can be taken into account), and yes, how well they articulate their message, including proper spelling and punctuation. Same as I would in the real world when reading job-related correspondence.

But to your first question, no I don't buy any news. That was kind of my point. I don't buy it (all of it at least). ;)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Future thinning of the population? It has already started. How soon the number of deaths caused by COVID-19 are forgotten.

Is it time yet? Looks like Dutch farmers think so.

Top Bottom