The kids never came back to big-city public schools, and now districts face budgetary "Armageddon."

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Looks like people are keeping their children home and going to home schooling. This effectively defunds teachers unions and the public school systems.
    Some parents seem to have had enough of the public school experience.

"Two new studies further indicate that the biggest two-year declines correlate strongly with the most restrictionist school-opening policies, particularly in Democratic-controlled big cities."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Looks like people are keeping their children home and going to home schooling.

Or are they just keeping them at home? This is big cities, and not everyone cares as much as we do.

This effectively defunds teachers unions and the public school systems.
    Isn't union funding based on teachers paying in? I suppose if there's less teachers then it affects that, but I wouldn't bet that districts will be laying off teachers.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Many people saw their kids were being groomed. I've got my oldest in private school, middle child in public, youngest not in school yet. We planned on a couple more years and then wife goes back to work and all kids in private. Well, no way, middle child is now going private, youngest will never see those liberal antifa factories. 2021, my 6 year old has to watch a video one day and I happened to be there and watched it. This video was all about the kid making a sign, a large sign, that says how they feel, and they can show that sign to their community leaders...at 6 years old...I shut that propaganda off immediately and let loose on the school. This is Hamilton south eastern schools. They are teaching everything they say they aren't. They are the most evil liars. Theres a book they read as a class about crayons who are certain colors but wear different colors and are actually the color they want to wear instead of the color they write. It's pure trans mental illness being taught as ok. Public school is the downfall of this country and republicans are helping to fund it.

To your point about defunding them by kids not going.... Yes, but.... Holcomb will just give them another 100 million. No matter how many students leave, they'll just get more govt funding to shore up their voters. I went to public school, we knew our times tables by mid 3rd grade. My first kid who started in public school, they weren't even through the times tables until end of 4th grade. They spend so much time on the liberal ideology and making little Timmy feel ok for whatever answer is put down that little gets accomplished. The union is so big and politically powerful I don't see govt ever getting away from that corruption.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Looks like people are keeping their children home and going to home schooling. This effectively defunds teachers unions and the public school systems.
    Some parents seem to have had enough of the public school experience.

"Two new studies further indicate that the biggest two-year declines correlate strongly with the most restrictionist school-opening policies, particularly in Democratic-controlled big cities."
    Sure wouldn't know it here in Indiana. A lot of districts have referendums for either more money, or else (in my district) a continuation of the higher taxes that we've been paying since the last referendum. I say they need to tighten their belts just like everyone else has had to do.

In my district (Perry Township Schools) they're wanting to extend the current higher taxes (so they claim "No Tax Increase!") or else they'll have to cut bus routes. I say good! They should cut bus routes! I live down the street from an elementary school and when I see bus after bus with 10 or less kids on each one, followed by a steady line of SUV's and minivans with kids in them, that tells me that they don't need all the bus routes. This elementary school could probably get by with 2 buses. Send the extras to the districts that have the need.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Sure wouldn't know it here in Indiana. A lot of districts have referendums for either more money, or else (in my district) a continuation of the higher taxes that we've been paying since the last referendum. I say they need to tighten their belts just like everyone else has had to do.

In my district (Perry Township Schools) they're wanting to extend the current higher taxes (so they claim "No Tax Increase!") or else they'll have to cut bus routes. I say good! They should cut bus routes! I live down the street from an elementary school and when I see bus after bus with 10 or less kids on each one, followed by a steady line of SUV's and minivans with kids in them, that tells me that they don't need all the bus routes. This elementary school could probably get by with 2 buses. Send the extras to the districts that have the need.
    It said mostly big democrat controlled cities.

Here around Milan it hasn't changed because we haven't had stupid mask rules for a long time, and other covid restrictions.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Lawrence county is seeing a decline but it started before the covid crap hit. They’ve already closed some schools. They had an independent school corp spin up and get running this past year that siphoned even more students from the North Lawrence school corp.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Especially when considering that, due to everyone's assessed property values going through the roof, with the resulting increase in property tax bills, the schools are getting more money already, without any referendum being passed.

How many high schools have multi-million dollar sports facilities? How many administrators are earning 6 figures a year?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Especially when considering that, due to everyone's assessed property values going through the roof, with the resulting increase in property tax bills, the schools are getting more money already, without any referendum being passed.

How many high schools have multi-million dollar sports facilities? How many administrators are earning 6 figures a year?
    Yeah, I saw a chart a few years ago comparing the growth of student populations with the number of teachers and the numbers of administrators/non-teachers. I don’t remember where I found it now but I’d imagine few would be surprised to know that that curve for the non-teaching staff looked more like a X2 function compared to the others. If we want to cut costs, there’s plenty of low hanging fruit—if we could find the political will.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Isn't union funding based on teachers paying in? I suppose if there's less teachers then it affects that, but I wouldn't bet that districts will be laying off teachers.
    Like ALL "public employees", every dollar paid to them and this every dollar of their compensation they spend is funded by taxpayers.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm going to need the word "groomed" defined for me in the way it has been used over the past 6 months.

200.gif

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I'm going to need the word "groomed" defined for me in the way it has been used over the past 6 months.
    It's basically what DeSantis pushed against with his state's "Parental Rights in Education" law which the liberals labeled as the "Don't Say Gay" law. DeSantis never called it that so why did liberals call it that unless that's exactly what they wanted to do. It's not about denying students of appropriate age the opportunity to express their own sexual orientation but rather it IS about restricting liberal educators with an agenda from being allowed to have inappropriate dialogue about sexuality with inappropriately aged children. Furthermore, under the guise that the enemy of their sexual inclinations is their own parents, educators would establish themselves as the sympathetic adult role model, effectively convincing the student not to confide in their own parents who won't understand. That's what is meant by grooming. The current education paradigm wants to start having that sexuality conversation with kindergartners! That's grooming. What kindergartner knows the first thing about sexuality?! It's only going to be in their impressionable young minds because an adult put it there, not because some unexplainable biological change they can't explain is compelling them to ask embarrassing questions about their body and their urges. There's an appropriate age to have those conversations and Florida law now says that's the parents' decision, not the education system.

It boils down to this - anything before the age of 7 has a profound impact on how a child develops in the subsequent years and very dominantly determines much of their life right into adulthood. Age 0-7 is the 'programming' phase of childhood, where they learn how to process and understand the world around them. After 7, the rest is basically social and academic reinforcement of those critical early lessons. If a child is an only child through age seven then has a baby sibling who arrives when the firstborn is beyond that age, he/she often struggles to accept the sibling as a peer and along with that doesn't learn how to share, including parental attention, and so often resents the sibling who invades their life and dominates their parents lives in a way the deprives the firstborn of a monopoly on those parents. They're not old enough to understand why but they are old enough to know that's not how the world worked when they were being programmed. No wonder liberals want to get their hooks into children young enough to have such a profound influence during these formative programming years.

If you've heard the old argument of nature-vs-nurture, I used to believe a nurturing home environment could reverse some of the negative influences in a troubled child. Indeed my parents believed likewise and spent years fostering and adopting children, most older than 7 because they were sibling groups and the idea was they could remain together. Turns out, the sibling groups are the most dysfunctional of all the kids my parents raised. The older ones had already been jaded by the foster care system. The younger ones had been separated and reunited so often they had little familial bind with their own siblings because that's what the programming phase of their life taught them. All grown now, the ones most successful in adulthood are those that at least recognized they needed help and got it, either before they graduated or on their own in adulthood but it took years for them to deprogram themselves from whatever screwed up lessons they learned at a young age that proved a flawed foundation on which they build the whole rest of their life. The ones that just accepted life is whatever they were programmed to believe, well, most of them are in jail and to hear them tell it they're never at fault, rather they're victims of a corrupt system. Sounds pretty much like the liberals' theme song!

That's why liberals and liberal educators in particular want to isolate children from their parents by telling them parents are the enemy or at least parents won't understand then they will gain the kids' trust so they'll believe whatever the educator tells them is true. And if they can plant that seed before age 7, it's nearly impossible to unroot later in life. That's what's meant by the term grooming. They intend to groom a generation of dyed-in-the-wool liberals who will never question what the pols or the media tells them because that's how they will be programmed.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    By the published census figures Lafayette Indiana school headcount does not appear to be down. They manage to spend about $15,000 per pupil, for slightly over 8000 students for about $120 Million in revenue. Of the 80 plus percent that graduate, math skills are in the 22 percentile bracket.

The school board and the mayor were all up in arms when a premium level private school announced it was opening. "they didn't even talk to us" said the Lafayette School Superintendent. Why should they? The Mayor seemed less than happy, stating "no need". The Superintendent stated "we have enough capacity" Maybe the taxpayers feel it is about quality, not capacity. Either way, if an American Citizen wants to pay for a quality education for their children, it is their right, and I applaud them for making that decision.

The way I read between the lines, say the new private school takes on 200 students. That is 3 million less revenue. Say the private school graduates students that score in the 75 percentile in math. No bureaucrat wants to lose control of money, and no underachieving group wants any competition for quality.

Having done work at the majority of the 653 public schools in the City of Chicago, I assure you, Lafayette is still head and shoulders above Chicago Public Schools, even with their Magnet school program for the better students.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The laws of unintended consequences.
    I have contended from the beginning that the Wuhan Red Death did not cause even a majority of ills that society faces today.
    Instead, it was the inane reaction to the virus.

The virus didn't shut the economy down, the government did.
    The virus didn't spend like a drunken sailor, Congress did.
    The virus did not mandate lockdowns, idiotic people did.

The pain is not over yet. As a matter of fact, I see it getting much, MUCH worse before it gets any better at all.

Top Bottom